Corsair Community

SLIPSTREAM Multipoint now available in iCUE 4.12 or newer!

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

With much anticipation, we are happy to announce that SLIPSTREAM Multipoint connectivity is now enabled in iCUE 4.12 or newer, which can be downloaded HERE. Thank you all for being patient during our development process as we know this is a feature many of you have been waiting for.

For those of you that have not heard about the Multipoint connectivity that SLIPSTREAM offers, we have put together a comprehensive guide discussing the functionality and benefits of it. Our Blog post outlines the setup process so you can take advantage of the convenience when connecting multiple SLIPSTREAM devices to a single SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver.

In case you have additional questions, we’ve put together an FAQ below that can help explain more about SLIPSTREAM Multipoint.

FAQ:

1.) What does SLIPSTREAM Multipoint mean?

As we briefly mentioned at launch, our SLIPSTREAM compatible products allow users to connect their compatible CORSAIR wireless devices together through one SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver. Users can choose to do 2:1 support (keyboard + mouse using either a keyboard or mouse SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver) or 3:1 support (keyboard + mouse + headset using the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver).

2.) What products are compatible with SLIPSTREAM Multipoint?

Keyboards: K57 RGB Wireless

Mice: Dark Core PRO RGB (SE), Ironclaw RGB Wireless, and Harpoon RGB Wireless

Headset: Virtuoso RGB / SE

It is not possible to pair two of the same types of devices together. It must be a combination of a keyboard + mouse, keyboard + headset, headset + mouse, or keyboard+mouse+headset. If you use a headset, you must use the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver for either 2:1 or 3:1.

3.) What are the drawbacks to using SLIPSTREAM Multipoint?

For 2:1 support, polling rates supported will be no less than 1ms when using the multi-device pairing. For 3:1 support, polling rates will be slightly higher than 1ms but our testing internally has shown there is no noticeable effect for mice and keyboards even with the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver driving all 3 simultaneously.

4.) What is required to enable SLIPSTREAM Pairing?

Users will need to connect each of their devices with a USB cable and then connect the SLIPSTREAM USB wireless receiver they want to use with the pairing. Our setup wizard built into the iCUE UI will help guide you through the process of updating to the latest firmware that supports SLIPSTREAM Multipoint and connecting your devices to a single SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver. If all your devices are on the latest Firmware release, the pairing process should only take about 1 min. We recommend always keeping your devices updated as good practice to ensure you experience the optimal behavior when using them.

5.) Is there anything I should prepare prior to flashing the devices?

Yes, for optimal performance, do not use any hubs to flash your device during this process. Use either the front USB ports on your case, or connect all of your devices to the rear USB ports on your motherboard. This will ensure a clean install of firmware without hubs interfering with the process. We also recommend closing any third-party software (ie. Gigabyte RGB Fusion, MSI Dragon Center, ASUS Armory Crate, etc.) prior to starting the setup wizard.

6.) Is it possible to undo SLIPSTREAM Multipoint support?

Yes, users can enable PlayStation mode in Device Settings on the iCUE homepage when selecting their headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver. Enabling this feature will put the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver in a 1:1 pairing. Switching from 3:1 to 1:1 Firmware doesn’t change the performance of the device.

7.) What is PlayStation Mode, and what does it do?

Currently PlayStation Consolues such as PS4 and PS5 does not support Multipoint device connections like SLIPSTREAM. Enabling PlayStation Mode allows you to connect your compatible SLIPSTREAM devices such as headsets to the console, and still use them. Once enabled, your Mice and/or Keyboard will disconnect from the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver, but are still able to be used via USB cable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41199&stc=1&d=1620337940

8.) Will all my SLIPSTREAM Multipoint devices reconnect if PlayStation Mode is disabled?

Yes, all your devices will automatically reconnect once you Select Multipoint in iCUE under device settings for the headset’s SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver.

9.) What should I do with the SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver(s) that I don't end up using?

You should keep them in a safe place in case you want to revert to 1:1 or you lose your active SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver.

10.) Can I pair all my devices to more than one SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver?

No. Only one SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver can ever be used with 2:1 or 3:1. This is because we pair the devices uniquely to the specific SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver you're using for multiple reasons like security and encryption purposes.

11.) I am ready. How do I start?

Download the software linked above, and then click on Settings. Then click on any SLIPSTREAM compatible device and press the button circled here. In order for you to start the process, you must have at least two different types of SLIPSTREAM-compatible device connected to iCUE.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41192&stc=1&d=1620337899

12.) How do I recover my devices if the setup wizard is stuck at 75% and won’t progress?

If the setup process becomes stuck at 75%, you will need to close and exit iCUE, restart iCUE, Select “Connections” under your SLIPSTREAM wireless receiver, and re-pair your devices. If they do not pair, begin the setup wizard again.

1310884238_3to1_Setup_1resize.thumb.png.019915303e648f088fdb6fa55b118edf.png

1404852164_3to1_Setup_2resize.thumb.png.213cad31f7b4722cb7a936d0643de7be.png

1082623225_3to1_Setup_3resize.thumb.png.7fd9cc5f1fe762dc433cb7b08a374c78.png

1824781523_3to1_Setup_4resize.thumb.png.900bf9685bf7725c6be73c99d3b25062.png

458141139_3to1_Setup_5resize.thumb.png.0b41da6b3c464ad13533001c6ac2a5c9.png

2044820461_3to1_Setup_6resize.thumb.png.8c40f901c787dae87376229ee34e71ab.png

804800674_3to1_Setup_7resize.thumb.png.f03934d8f7abc06ae2dd40b1fae6d182.png

1791369721_3to1_Setup_8resize.thumb.png.2faeb2cafef83e9d195c6710cfeb03f5.png

842137053_3to1_Setup_9resize.thumb.png.6455fab70357d6570811fcc1377661c8.png

164025210_PSMode_1resize.thumb.png.2e35475cd1292fe625cc2a982daabd7f.png

Edited by Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee

Setup Process

Step-1

Select the Connections button your SLIPSTREAM Wireless Receiver

attachment.php?attachmentid=41190&d=1620337889

Step-2

Select “Pair” at the bottom left dialog box

attachment.php?attachmentid=41192&d=1620337899

Step-3

Ensure your devices and SLIPSTREAM Wireless Receiver are all connected directly to your motherboard and/or front USB ports.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41193&d=1620337904

Step-4

For headsets, you will need to set them to USB mode. iCUE will begin the pairing process after you click next.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41194&d=1620337909

attachment.php?attachmentid=41195&d=1620337914

attachment.php?attachmentid=41196&d=1620337925

Congratulations, your devices are should now paired through a single SLIPSTREAM Wireless Receiver. You will be able to verify all the connected devices to your SLIPSTREAM Wireless Receiver on the connections tab for the wireless receiver, or on the iCUE Home screen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41197&d=1620337930

attachment.php?attachmentid=41198&d=1620337934

Edited by Corsair Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There has been a change after this update. Let me explain.

When using the old firmware (Virtuoso Dongle), when I turned off the headset (turning the switch to usb position) it would disappear directly from the audio devices section on Windows and the switching between audio devices (I have a soundbar connected to my Corsair St100) was automatic.

After this update, now when I turn my headset to the usb position, Corsair Virtuoso auido device is still active in the audio devices on windows and I have to go to the windows system tray and manually change the audio output. This is very bad. (Attention, I do not connect the headset to the usb cable. In the meantime, I leave the headset because I am not using it)
Hey, is there anything we can do? I don't want to connect any other device or something to the dongle. I just want to get the old feature. I have to downgrade this dongle.
Please help me.
Thank you

• 2 months later...

Having the same issue as @thunder_namco , after updating receiver firmware to 5.5.102 to enable slipstream multipoint, audio devices no longer switch automatically when disconnecting or reconnecting headset, and windows sound control panel reports that the headset as connected whenever the receiver is plugged in regardless of the headset power state. Updated firmware when prompted by iCue after connecting my new dark core pro to my computer. Even setting the receiver into Playstation mode to force a 1:1 connection did not resolve this. If this issue is endemic to the way in which multipoint handles devices I would like to be able to downgrade my receiver firmware so I can continue to use the old functionality and just live with having to use two receivers.

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:17 AM, Philomellia said:

Having the same issue as @thunder_namco , after updating receiver firmware to 5.5.102 to enable slipstream multipoint, audio devices no longer switch automatically when disconnecting or reconnecting headset, and windows sound control panel reports that the headset as connected whenever the receiver is plugged in regardless of the headset power state. Updated firmware when prompted by iCue after connecting my new dark core pro to my computer. Even setting the receiver into Playstation mode to force a 1:1 connection did not resolve this. If this issue is endemic to the way in which multipoint handles devices I would like to be able to downgrade my receiver firmware so I can continue to use the old functionality and just live with having to use two receivers.

Hi there, i have the same problem here did you found a solution already if you do can you share it with me ? That would be very helpfull 

@woody5876 I have not found any way to fix the issue on current firmware or downgrade the firmware that is on the receiver. I have since started using a program called ear trumpet to manage windows audio devices (because the built in windows audio control is terrible). It lets you switch output devices just by right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, so I don't have to open multiple control panels just to change the output to and from the headset whenever I connect or disconnect it. Here is a link in case that might help you: https://eartrumpet.app/

Would still much prefer to have the old functionality back or just downgrade to a version that had it, but have not found any way to manually flash the receivers or anywhere to get old firmware images.

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2022 at 1:10 AM, Philomellia said:

@woody5876 I have not found any way to fix the issue on current firmware or downgrade the firmware that is on the receiver. I have since started using a program called ear trumpet to manage windows audio devices (because the built in windows audio control is terrible). It lets you switch output devices just by right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, so I don't have to open multiple control panels just to change the output to and from the headset whenever I connect or disconnect it. Here is a link in case that might help you: https://eartrumpet.app/

Would still much prefer to have the old functionality back or just downgrade to a version that had it, but have not found any way to manually flash the receivers or anywhere to get old firmware images.

I've been looking for the Firmware images too!!!  They sure caused a lot of confusion and issues when they released these updates and then wont guide us how to go back or downgrade if we want to! That should be an option!! It Cant be that difficult to provide us the Firmware files!! There is already an option to "Browse For Firmware" We just need the files!! Please help!! @Corsair Nick@Corsair Albert @Corsair Art @Corsair Brice @Corsair CHA-Ching
image.thumb.png.028514384d49b727b3d8c49da61dab10.png

Edited by Mud1m

• Corsair Employee
12 hours ago, Mud1m said:

I've been looking for the Firmware images too!!!  They sure caused a lot of confusion and issues when they released these updates and then wont guide us how to go back or downgrade if we want to! That should be an option!! It Cant be that difficult to provide us the Firmware files!! There is already an option to "Browse For Firmware" We just need the files!! Please help!! @Corsair Nick@Corsair Albert @Corsair Art @Corsair Brice @Corsair CHA-Ching

I replied back on your DM, but please contact our team for assistance on this: help.corsair.com

-Art

• 4 months later...

I am in the same situation as you , i figured out how to get the firmware files for the headset but still i cant find firmware 5.x  for the headset and no firmware in general for the dongle , having the headphones unusable for more than 4 month now , please give us the 5.x file for updating the virtuoso or the 0.16.80 firmware for the dongle please 

virtuoso 5.x fw.png

i finally was able to find the firmware myself , i will not share how to do it but if someone needs a guide to upgrade the fimware of theirs Virtuoso SE to firmware 5.x.x send me a private message or a mail and i will be more than happy to help out manuelbiagini@live.it

On 8/29/2023 at 3:56 AM, Mud1m said: