Corsair Community

QL140 LEDs dying

if you are on full brightness, try to reduce it a bit :)

full white creates a ridiculous current draw on those QL because of the amount of LEDs, that tends to make them die quicker.

That said, you didn't do anything wrong, soooo... you can create a support ticket to get your faulty fans replaced.

But still, full white full brightness is the worst for RGB leds longevity.

if you are on full brightness, try to reduce it a bit :)

full white creates a ridiculous current draw on those QL because of the amount of LEDs, that tends to make them die quicker.

That said, you didn't do anything wrong, soooo... you can create a support ticket to get your faulty fans replaced.

But still, full white full brightness is the worst for RGB leds longevity.

hey ledoyen thanks. but after only 3 months of usage ? maybe 4 hours a day? :o but i gonna reduce the led brightness a bit for now.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are having this issue, please create a ticket with our support team and we will make sure to look into this for you.
I bought a set of q120 when they first came out last year... These 3 fans are still good. All fans I bought in January seem to have faulty LEDs. On my next triple pack of ql120 the leds start to die. But only on them I bought in January. After the first ql140 LEDs died I lowered the brightness. Still the leds break. I use mostly whitish colors or I use the dynamic integration in Metro or division. Everytime it is the green part of the leds! Mostly the broken LEDs heal after they get warm for a few hours. So there might be a solder problem.

No I need to replace that fans again spending a whole evening after work again. I just replaced the ql140s.

IMG20210512151842.thumb.jpg.92ca8629b72876e3898b81199c365b22.jpg

Edited by KBhamm

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry KGhamm, if the LEDs are failing all we can do is replace the fans under their warranty. Other wise we can try removing iCUE, reinstalling, and rechecking all the connections.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-#:~:text=%20To%20uninstall%20iCUE%3A%20%201%20Open%20Control,of%20programs%2C%20then%20select%20Uninstall%20.%20More

I am sorry KGhamm, if the LEDs are failing all we can do is replace the fans under their warranty. Other wise we can try removing iCUE, reinstalling, and rechecking all the connections.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-#:~:text=%20To%20uninstall%20iCUE%3A%20%201%20Open%20Control,of%20programs%2C%20then%20select%20Uninstall%20.%20More

Its still a solder problem not a software problem. it has nothing to with software when the green channel dies due heat.

Its a problem after a simple manufacturer date.

Btw if i tap the spot with the LED soft with my finger the green led part sometimes gets activated again. So it is a error in soldering.

• 2 weeks later...