Corsair Community

iCUE v4.9.350 Not seeing my ASUS mobo or GPU

Sedare

Hi,

I had some odd FF q-codes happening when I installed Armoury crate so I uninstalled, then did a clean uninstall of iCue. I've reinstalled iCue, got all my fans where I need them but I cannot see my GPU or Mobo. Do I still need to install Aura Sync?

I had the GPU and Mobo recognized earlier today before I decided to futz with Armoury crate . . . prob shouldn't have.

Thanks

okay! another update. uninstalled aura sync. reinstalled Armoury Crate, let it do an update, and now the GPU and mobo are seen and lights can be adjusted.

HOWEVER, I still have a QR code of FF. Do I need to be worried?

Also, sometimes the RAM lighting glitches and freezes, and icue shows a !. Only way to sometimes fix it is quite iCue and restart it.

Any tips about the FF? I don't know what it means, but it is worrisome.

• Corsair Employee
Further, my RAM also locks up when the ICue plugin is enabled. This occurred at the time of an Armoury Crate update a couple of months ago. ASUS M/B and ICue use to sync, but not any more.....

You cannot run both Armoury Crate and iCUE at the same time. Doing so will cause a conflict since both try to connect to and control the RGB of the DRAM.

You cannot run both Armoury Crate and iCUE at the same time. Doing so will cause a conflict since both try to connect to and control the RGB of the DRAM.

@stickler, i get the exact same thing with the ram messing up. i have to manually quit out of icue and reload it sometimes, or do a complete restart to get rid of the triangle with ! Regarding the FF, hopefully this gets fixed from ASUS. I'll post this on the ROG forums somewhere.

@Corsair Notepad, I don't run Armoury Crate actively. It's not set to start up on windows either. I think it may be the background services that could be causing conflicts.

One thing I have noticed as well is if I have to quite iCue for whatever reason, the dashboard resets. It's annoying as I want to save it and how I have the things arranged.

One other thing that's more of a future request: Allow iCue control of motherboard 4-pin headers as well for fans. Would be great if not only we got full RGB control, but also fan control too.

I also run an ASUS Ryuo cooler which has to have Armoury Crate running for RBG and OLED screen control, so shutting Crate down is not an option. So the conflict exists, where prior to an update it worked.

I bought ASUS and CORSAIR to ensure RBG synced together - it doesn't anymore - very disappointed!

Further, my RAM also locks up when the ICue plugin is enabled. This occurred at the time of an Armoury Crate update a couple of months ago. ASUS M/B and ICue use to sync, but not any more.....

why not just unlink the ram from asus armoury (under the Aura tab i think. at work not at my pc)? that should set the ram to its out of box default rgb config and the ram will then not have its rgb controlled by Asus.

It seem s that Icue wants/needs priority, i have issues with Icue/Msi dragon center as i did with Icue and Asus ai suite/armoury crate, personally i think corsair just want world domination, corsair seem to think they are the only company that produce cpu coolers, lighting and ram and psu`s.....they are not....no offense Corsair.

why not just unlink the ram from asus armoury (under the Aura tab i think. at work not at my pc)? that should set the ram to its out of box default rgb config and the ram will then not have its rgb controlled by Asus.

Thanks, but AC does not have that option to "delink" RAM separately. I believe it did in the past.

• Corsair Employee
Running Armoury Crate at the same time will cause DRAM detection/control issues due to how DRAM RGB is handled. You will indeed need to pick one or the other in terms of RGB software running. If you are unwilling to set hardware profiles for your cooler and close Armoury Crate then you will need to set those hardware lighting options in iCUE and close iCUE if you do not wish to run into RGB issues on the DRAM. Or if you are intent on running both you need to understand that you are willing making the decision to run two software that will attempt to connect to and control the RGB on the memory and in doing so is going to cause a conflict requiring you to close and restart the software in order to reinitiate control.

Thanks, but AC does not have that option to "delink" RAM separately. I believe it did in the past.

Got home and checked to see if it was removed. nope its right here and i had forgotten I have it unsynced for my current color scheme.

EDIT - updated dead photo link

54VekYtifrsRXSbq4ZtS7uDZweqgMiMaphRgMl4x_j4XkP1DEvfuf7TMP9D_asSfW8IHxVP9r-Tj2I-U2Vchpias6oRkuWZy7M_bV6D4-FJk5yhyX1TtUUdSNop0vi6xUNYEmh9ToPcwWUVpGz5XOHVnl_YugOdI47yjD8-Lxu-DQ_VnFnhOPd8RBnA8Mg_o9c9aBYfHEklMsyQUPj9NwIlVauqSf6WcXLREsClE9bjX3ae_CX9YfvchEeAjsWz33HrvY1bANjduKF-WFOcqFytZ3zcBuXrm1gjsWnlnojus1huB9MZgDoFQHrIq0T6AMMk3G3a5fClXKTUZ2rqfqYsMl6yfmlr-LQPC1ZJWQWYlmsckmO59gLz-bDEHlBV40o0jmnUMsH19edi1enfHVM5rSb5-7JrGiYGGadfCC2Pr_9Ur3--tzIoN3Tjk8ectUq7QnuM7UREN7NJoNChmqj2MPL1jds8sGdBd1m9ctPYptvbJPf3x5oGp9CNyBzZhxSnMfeF9i-HdjiiviJLpQdUvjag2zjzqUc1kAV8yeMr3BEkDf4NErYdvJKn_zb3gF88Nku5yqawCHRCe7BEnrMyS9PZKZOMzJL6LQaC_5CtMwAgkjBV8GOhPbzUcwgv5AAlVNNLJ3Tr5M6HclHzom8rITzkr4CR-YyMkr9GA7TKjFsYRXMAUPjJmwK__b6hcjAW9P_JMyRkaeSOy2FgJw1cY=w1347-h757-no?authuser=0

Edited by Zerkeo
removed dead link

Hi Sedare,

Q-Code 30 means "system is waking up from S3 sleep state", so all good there.

FF appears to be a conflict between Arm. Crate and Icue.

Yeah I keep getting it still. :( Hopefully something gets fixed by ASUS or Corsair. They need to talk to each other. lol

armoury crate and iCUE are working fine for me, no issues with dram or anything. 0 conflict they're BFFs.

I still get ff, the ram issues aren't as frequent and sometimes the lighting on the strix won't fully light. it's weird.

I still get ff, the ram issues aren't as frequent and sometimes the lighting on the strix won't fully light. it's weird.

forget asus software. Get rid of m/b lightning, turn it off (even from bios). Do a fresh install and NEVER put on Asus soft. :D