Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR iCUE SP RGB ELITE Performance PWM Fans

• Corsair Employee
Image 2.png

Hey everyone,

We've released fans which may seem familiar to those with the iCUE 4000X/5000X RGB! The SP RGB ELITE fans are designed to keep the flow going - but in a different manner from your typical case fans. Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Featuring CORSAIR AirGuide Technology, anti-vortex vanes concentrates airflow directly onto your components - perfect as an intake or radiator/heatsink fan.
  • Eight individually addressable RGB LEDs surrounding the hub gives you the ability to vividly complete your system's lighting.
  • Translucent fan blades that allows lighting to shine through, while providing superb performance at low noise levels.

Click the following for more information: SP120 RGB ELITE, SP140 RGB ELITE. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What fan/lighting controllers are compatible?

A: Compatible controllers include the Lighting Node CORE (included in the dual/triple packs), Lighting Node PRO, Commander PRO, and Commander CORE. If you do not already have a controller, our iCUE Cases and Coolers provide one as well!

Q: What fans can I pair them with?

A: If used on the same controller, these fans may be paired with the ELITE CAPELLIX cooler's ML RGB fans or SP RGB PRO fans (note: SP RGB PRO do not utilize PWM), since they have an identical number of individually addressable LEDs. Otherwise, you could use the fans on a second controller or a controller which has the ability for two separate RGB channels (Commander PRO, Lighting Node PRO) to pair them with the other RGB fan series (HD, LL, ML, and QL).

Q: Do you have any comparison results?

A: Yes, you can find the data on our blog post or video below.

Image 1.png

Let us know what you guys think - we're also open to questions!

Very Cool! I have a 5000x with an Elite Capellix and was waiting for this to fill out the case!

When is the expected in-stock date for these? Amazon has the 3 pack at 1-2 months from their UK site and while i see the listing - i dont see them instock ether on the Corsair sales site.

A: If used on the same controller, these fans may be paired with the ELITE CAPELLIX cooler's ML RGB fans or SP RGB PRO fans, since they have an identical number of individually addressable LEDs. Otherwise, you could use the fans on a second controller or a controller which has the ability for two separate RGB channels (Commander PRO, Lighting Node PRO) to pair them with the other RGB fan series (HD, LL, ML, and QL).

should be noted that the SP Pro Fans are Voltage controlled fans/3 Pin. meaning they will run at full speed on the Commander Core Controller, The Commander Core is PWM control only.

• Corsair Employee
Are they coming in white?

I cannot comment on future releases. The iCUE 5000X RGB in white does have white SP RGB ELITE fans, however!

Very Cool! I have a 5000x with an Elite Capellix and was waiting for this to fill out the case!

When is the expected in-stock date for these? Amazon has the 3 pack at 1-2 months from their UK site and while i see the listing - i dont see them instock ether on the Corsair sales site.

Awesome! These fans will go perfectly with your current setup! It looks like our UK store has them in stock here. May have just needed the weekend to take effect!

should be noted that the SP Pro Fans are Voltage controlled fans/3 Pin. meaning they will run at full speed on the Commander Core Controller, The Commander Core is PWM control only.

Noted, thanks for the pointer Zotty!

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks to Zotty and thanks to Corsair. I viewed a SP120E fan, and want to know if they can run at zero rpm mode (linking them to gpu temp, when i don't use games the gpu fans are stopped, if you understand what i'm trying to tell, gpu fan stopped= SPE fan stopped....).

• Corsair Employee
Thanks to Zotty and thanks to Corsair. I viewed a SP120E fan, and want to know if they can run at zero rpm mode (linking them to gpu temp, when i don't use games the gpu fans are stopped, if you understand what i'm trying to tell, gpu fan stopped= SPE fan stopped....).

Hi Mike!

Yes, the SP RGB ELITE fans can be set to zero RPM. I just tested it with my Commander CORE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Can I ask how these fans would perform versus QL120 fans as case fans?

Performance can vary depending on how the fans are mounted. Ultimately, both fans are designed to perform well as case fans.

If you're looking to feed air directly to your components, the SP RGB ELITE does have an advantage here with anti-vortex vanes.

Edited by Corsair Albert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, i,ve just bought a iCUE 220T RGB Temp Glass Smart case and want to add three more of the fans already installed in the case but cannot get them anywhere( SP120 RGB PRO) Is there a compatible alternative to these fans. Thanks

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, Bazzaboy said:

Hi, i,ve just bought a iCUE 220T RGB Temp Glass Smart case and want to add three more of the fans already installed in the case but cannot get them anywhere( SP120 RGB PRO) Is there a compatible alternative to these fans. Thanks

The SP RGB ELITE fans here would be compatible. They are the successors to the SP RGB PRO fans.