Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

This update is an absolute joke. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now everything is broken and you got A LOT to fix...

I'm in the situation where I updated everything including firmwares, now in iCUE 4.x my H100i cooler no longer shows up. When I downgrade to 3.x my mouse no longer shows up because the firmware is updated and only compatible with 4.x... I have not found anywhere to download older firmware versions for any products.

Does anyone know or have a downgraded firmware version for DARK CORE mice and dongle?? Something that is compatible with iCUE 3.x

you'll have to contact support for files to load manually... if they bother to reply

This update is an absolute joke. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now everything is broken and you got A LOT to fix...

I'm in the situation where I updated everything including firmwares, now in iCUE 4.x my H100i cooler no longer shows up. When I downgrade to 3.x my mouse no longer shows up because the firmware is updated and only compatible with 4.x... I have not found anywhere to download older firmware versions for any products.

Does anyone know or have a downgraded firmware version for DARK CORE mice and dongle?? Something that is compatible with iCUE 3.x

My H100i cooler no longer shows up either. I can't control anything related to that now...

• Corsair Employee
No one? Is this top secret information?

I should also add that in spite of my current hardware being compatible, I barely made the cut. My H115i is the Platinum RGB version, the only one spared the chopping block.

Only a year or two old, and too close for comfort, my current case/fans/cooler/memory setup will be the last Corsair products I buy. I will take stability and support over fun but ultimately completely needless colored lights any day of the week.

When I started buying Corsair products (memory initially, then cases, followed by coolers) it was because they were the best but now their products have become nothing but a giant pain in the **** and another thing I have to update all the time because the software is crap.

I'm done. I will take stability and support over fun but ultimately completely needless colored lights any day of the week.

Should still be able to set the fans to change colors based on the temp of different devices in iCUE. You'll need to select your lighting device that controls your fans, add layer, select "Temperature", then set the temps and device you want it to adjust to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41405&stc=1&d=1622573306

387910349_FanTempColor.thumb.png.1d3360469293350f56f699abbe88262e.png

• Corsair Employee

Which version of the Dark Core do you own currently? The part number should be on the label at the bottom of the mouse. I would also recommend reaching out to our support team through the link below:

https://support.corsair.com/

Edit/Delete Message

My H100i cooler no longer shows up either. I can't control anything related to that now...

There are a few different H100i coolers. Can you provide the part number from the label on the radiator? It should start with a CC-9XXXXXXX

• Corsair Employee
I also have this issue but i thought it was because 2 out of my 4 LL120's have failed. The leds seems to do what they want and any fans connected after them the leds wont work.

They failed not long after 'upgrading' to version 4, but have since reverted to V3 and their still broken.

The message doesn't appear when the two broken fans are disconnected.

We're looking into this bug for Lighting Node Pro, and other devices prompting for setting up a Hydro X Custom Cooling system. It will be corrected in an up coming update to iCUE.

For your LL120 fans with LED failures, please reach out to our support team for further assistance:

https://support.corsair.com/

• Corsair Employee
So now with iCUE 4 when I dim my K100 and come back a few hours later it will not brighten, I have to reboot to get it lighted again.

When this happens, are you trying to adjust the brightness with the button on the keyboard or the slider under Device Settings in iCUE? Can you confirm the version of iCUE 4.x you have installed currently?

Should still be able to set the fans to change colors based on the temp of different devices in iCUE. You'll need to select your lighting device that controls your fans, add layer, select "Temperature", then set the temps and device you want it to adjust to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41405&stc=1&d=1622573306

hahahaaa...

doing this to show GPU temps and after restart the pc its reset to cpu. icue isnt saving this correctly.

• Corsair Employee
Can i get an update on this?

I'd like to know whether its being worked on or not.

Thanks for providing the logs. Our developers are looking into this and we'll provide an update once we have more details.

When do you expect to receive information about it, can you give me a guess on the estimated date?

Will i have to go to the download page and download ICUE version 3 from there when its fixed or will ICUE automatically update to 3.38.62?

I hope there will be a update soon to 4.11.274 version.

1) Some minor bugs concerning the looks of the dashboard. Windows are not the same size (1 diagram vs 3 diagram window). Those diagrams (RPM or Temp) are extremely difficult to click&hold to move - feels like back to the 90s'. And if this is a wrong place to send bug reports of the software, I'm sorrry. Please direct me for the right address. I think these bugs should be very easy to fix...

2) Does anyone know is there a way to add more points to the Custom Curves? Maybe manually by programming configs or something?

3) Please add an adjust possibility to the maximum RPM values. For example if my fan can do only 1600 RPM the maximum given 5000 RPM feels little bit exaggerated. Is this possible by programming the config?

But for me the program is working as version 3. Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE, Corsair LL120 x 3, Commander Pro, Corsair H115i (non RGB), Corsair Strafe MK.2.

Edited by Restive

Hi, I am having similar issues as others with the new iCUE 4 not detecting my Void Pro RGB SE Wireless headset. The model number is CA-9011150, which as far as I can tell should be supported (though I haven't seen anything to confirm this). Sounds like because the dongle is yellow I might need a replacement? Not sure who to reach out to for that.

I had a same issue with same headset. As it turned out for me it was dongle which caused problems. Dongle was somehow from earlier model of SE headset ( original Yellow jacket) and iCue4 wouldnt recognize it. Corsair support was kind enough to send me replacement dongle and now everything is fine.

Can you post a photo of your dongle with sticker?

Edited by zexcrazy

Currently having an issue with ICue v4.11.274 where its cause my 5950x to have high temps at idle due to constantly utilizing one/two cores all the time.

diagnosed it as ICue v4.11.274 by rolling back to v3.38.61.

looks like it was to do with the CueLLAccessService.exe iCUE service for interaction with CorsairLLAccess driver on version 4.

has anyone else has this issue?

Thanks for the info. I sent a message to their support stating that unless they change this policy I'm no longer purchasing their products. I mean I would have bought a new Corsair Headset once mine had seen the end of its days, but they made my decision to not do so with this action. Loyalty to a product is a 2-way street. If the company doesn't support their products, why should I support the company?

Yeah +1

This is so :mad:

Currently having an issue with ICue v4.11.274 where its cause my 5950x to have high temps at idle due to constantly utilizing one/two cores all the time.

diagnosed it as ICue v4.11.274 by rolling back to v3.38.61.

looks like it was to do with the CueLLAccessService.exe iCUE service for interaction with CorsairLLAccess driver on version 4.

has anyone else has this issue?

Yeah, all of us. Icue is a serious problem for CPU usage/polling.

installed / re-installed icue 4

when i go through the wizard and identify my corsair pump and fans it just quits out and never actually saves

how do i fix?:bigeyes:

i get the below in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.11.274.0, time stamp: 0x60954ce8

Faulting module name: iCUE.dll, version: 4.11.274.0, time stamp: 0x60954c92

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000137c070

Faulting process ID: 0x1e90

Faulting application start time: 0x01d75acd38ed8b89

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.dll

Report ID: 37a92766-f42b-46ed-8e8e-401f70643ede

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1966864547263895447, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: iCUE.exe

P2: 4.11.274.0

P3: 60954ce8

P4: iCUE.dll

P5: 4.11.274.0

P6: 60954c92

P7: c0000005

P8: 000000000137c070

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF2B2.tmp.dmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF998.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF9A9.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF9B7.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF9D7.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_iCUE.exe_11722d1ffb522b2af03666aae47875628a81f_4e33cc53_1a5a70ae-ab99-4b35-b9fa-c65566202c03

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 37a92766-f42b-46ed-8e8e-401f70643ede

Report Status: 268435456

Hashed bucket: 46f7025cdef650307b4bb4e284f95797

Cab Guid: 0

Edited by tomcoleman
  • Confused 1

installed / re-installed icue 4

when i go through the wizard and identify my corsair pump and fans it just quits out and never actually saves

how do i fix?:bigeyes:

i get the below in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.11.274.0, time stamp: 0x60954ce8

Faulting module name: iCUE.dll, version: 4.11.274.0, time stamp: 0x60954c92

Hi, exact same thing Icue updated from a 3.X version to latest V4 yesterday after I installed my hydroX equipment.

Wizard crashes consistently when I setup the HydroX components. :laughing:

Looks like I have to bypass this faulty update! Tried updating icue to 4. X and I get 2 notifications that I need to update the dongles on my K57 keyboard and my Dark Core Pro SE, but the software immediately crashes. I had to uninstall and reinstall 3.X to get it to work and that says my mouse and keyboard don't need updating.

So I just updated to the new version 4 and had to go back to v3. This is a HTPC and I run Windows display at 150% scale (which is the recommended setting I might add) on a 1080p TV. The iCue 4 window/screen is way bigger than the display is and it's all broken up and weird looking. I can see half an image of my keyboard in the middle of the screen and I can see the last few letters of a few words to the left and that's it. It can't be moved around or resized or anything.

This is a common issue with many apps when running at these high DPI settings but in all cases you fix it by going into compatibility and setting "override high DPI scaling behavior" but iCue4 isn't responding to changing that setting. I can't turn down the scaling as suggested earlier in this thread because I couldn't see a thing. That is not a solution.

I have this same issue

So I just updated to the new version 4 and had to go back to v3. This is a HTPC and I run Windows display at 150% scale (which is the recommended setting I might add) on a 1080p TV. The iCue 4 window/screen is way bigger than the display is and it's all broken up and weird looking. I can see half an image of my keyboard in the middle of the screen and I can see the last few letters of a few words to the left and that's it. It can't be moved around or resized or anything.

This is a common issue with many apps when running at these high DPI settings but in all cases you fix it by going into compatibility and setting "override high DPI scaling behavior" but iCue4 isn't responding to changing that setting. I can't turn down the scaling as suggested earlier in this thread because I couldn't see a thing. That is not a solution.

I have the same problem

I wish you guy would make the window resizable instead of attempting to full screen it. it would solve to many issues. I had to revert back to V3 after 3 hours of trying to fix the overly upscaled screen and deleting all my profiles and setting because I couldnt use the program because I couldnt see most things or even see the area to change profiles. im running a single 4K display and tried all remedies with compatibility scaling to no avail.

Aorus X570 Xtreme

Auros Waterforce Xtreme 1080ti

H100i Platinum SE white

32 GB (8x4) RGB Vengeance Pro white 3200

x9 LL129 whites with corresponding nodes

Edited by gradientx