Corsair Community

Can Anyone Recommend a KVM That Works With iCue M65 Mouse and K55 Keyboard

LarrySinNJ

• 4 weeks later...

Actually your peripherals are compatible with a KVM switch. I just finished my setup, and it's working flawlessly with both systems (including ICue on both systems).

The common Corsair peripherals between the two systems are:

1. K100 RGB Keyboard

2. Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse

3. Virtuoso SE headset

4. MM800 RGB Polaris mouse pad

5. ST100 RGB headset stand

I purchased the Aten CS1942DP KVM Switch and a Rosonway 16 port USB hub (100W power supply).

All my corsair hardware is plugged into the USB hub, which is plugged in to the USB 3.0 port on the KVM switch. The key part that people seem to be missing is the powered USB hub. You can't plug the corsair hardware directly into the switch and have it work.

• Corsair Employee
Actually your peripherals are compatible with a KVM switch. I just finished my setup, and it's working flawlessly with both systems (including ICue on both systems).

The common Corsair peripherals between the two systems are:

1. K100 RGB Keyboard

2. Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse

3. Virtuoso SE headset

4. MM800 RGB Polaris mouse pad

5. ST100 RGB headset stand

I purchased the Aten CS1942DP KVM Switch and a Rosonway 16 port USB hub (100W power supply).

All my corsair hardware is plugged into the USB hub, which is plugged in to the USB 3.0 port on the KVM switch. The key part that people seem to be missing is the powered USB hub. You can't plug the corsair hardware directly into the switch and have it work.

Though it may work for some people with some switches it is not a guarantee even if someone has the same switch as another. If you can get it to work great, but there is no guarantee it will, nor will we be able to support or troubleshoot devices issues caused by utilizing a KVM switch.

• 3 weeks later...
Though it may work for some people with some switches it is not a guarantee even if someone has the same switch as another. If you can get it to work great, but there is no guarantee it will, nor will we be able to support or troubleshoot devices issues caused by utilizing a KVM switch.

I hope that Corsair is working on a KVM product (and fast). Working from home is VERY common these days, and you have a large customer base that would like to use their Corsair KBs on their work laptops.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2021 at 2:42 AM, ProfFate said:

I hope that Corsair is working on a KVM product (and fast). Working from home is VERY common these days, and you have a large customer base that would like to use their Corsair KBs on their work laptops.

A bit late but I second this. I am in the exact situation of ProfFate. After the pandemic, most people have kept working from home most of the time and switching between work laptop and home desktop is really common.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 2:42 AM, ProfFate said:

Hello, in case you still need it, the Steetek HDMI KVM works, except for the hotkey switching. I just bought one and my keyboard and mouse (Strafe MK.2 Silent + Scimitar RGB Elite) work great. Their part number is STK-S7215H2-U1-SJ.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 1:59 AM, Stefax71 said:

A bit late but I second this. I am in the exact situation of ProfFate. After the pandemic, most people have kept working from home most of the time and switching between work laptop and home desktop is really common.

I had to go register an account just to come reply here. I also own a couple of Corsair peripherals (Virtuoso RGB SE, and a bunch of fans and cables), and highly regarded Corsair for quality hardware. I was super excited to upgrade my 5 year old Logitech keyboard to a Corsair K95 Platinum XT today....

BUT this KVM issue threw a wrench in everything. I'm definitely returning this keyboard, as I can't break my WFH productivity even for a nice keyboard. VERY disappointing

Me too - after forcing my RGB keyboard into BIOS mode - it works with a KVM.
However the M65 PRO RGB has a horrible stutter across the screen it's unusable.
I'm selling my Corsair stuff on Craigslist and buying a product that 'just' works' with a KVM like every other manufacturer.

Anyone got a mechanical keyboard vendor they like?
(that works of course)

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 9:03 PM, Stefax71 said:

Hello, in case you still need it, the Steetek HDMI KVM works, except for the hotkey switching. I just bought one and my keyboard and mouse (Strafe MK.2 Silent + Scimitar RGB Elite) work great. Their part number is STK-S7215H2-U1-SJ.

So iCue works OK with the Strafe MK.2 and you can set the colour etc of the keyboard using that software from the PC(s)?