Corsair Community

Weird problem

Hi Ram Guy.

Sorry for my bad english, but i have purchased 2 sticks of 512Mb XMS3200 memory non-matched 5 months ago they worked well in dual mode but recently my comp starts crashing. So i tried to run memtest to test 1 stick at a time but no errors on both sticks. but with 1 stick which i think its the defective 1 it cant boot to the desktop and the other 1 works perfectly. My bios setting are all default except the timing of 2.5-3-3-6, but i dont think the problem its with my settings becuz my other stick works fine, im requesting for a rma. THANK YOU and im sorry again for my bad english.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision for both modules?(How To Read the Memory Label), and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision for both modules?(How To Read the Memory Label), and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

im at school for the moment but ill repost when ill get home in 2 hours

Hi Again

the part# is CMX512-3200c2pro rev v4.1 for both.

MSI Neo2 platinum with lastest bios

AMD athlon 64 3500+ stock speed

settings are all auto except the timing 2.5-3-3-6.

THANK YOU

Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and see if that will solve the problem.
that didnt help i cant evben see my welcome screen, by the way the other module works great with any settings.

• Corsair Employee

O.K. sorry about that. Lets get both modules replaced.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

O.K. sorry about that. Lets get both modules replaced.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

will they be twinx or 2x cmx512-3200c2pro, becuz u said both modules 1 of them is working fine :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

my board is K8n neo2 platinum bios V1.5

Cell Menu

- High Performance Mode: Disabled

- Aggressive timing: Disabled

- Dynamic Overclocking: Disabled

- Spread Spectrum: Enabled

- HT Frequency: 5x

- Cool'n'Quiet: enabled

- AGP Frequency: 66

- Dim Voltage to 2.85 Volts

- 2.5-3-6-3

No overclocking

• Corsair Employee
Can you test the modules one at a time if you have not done so and lets make sure one is not failing? If they both run one up then that would suggest either a power problem or a failing memory controller. The modules you have are the exact same part# and revision right?

Archived