Corsair Community

added corasair memory slows system

guitarmech111

I just got 1 G DDR twinx1024-3200c2pro to add to my system with 1g of existing XMS corsair memory. My system with 1G existing would start with 1t timing and 200mhz clock speed.

Now, it goes to 2T and 166 mhz with the 2G installed.

This is the same even if the DDR pairs are split to each memory slots too. By this I mean that if DDR1 and DDR2 pairs are used like

MEM bay purple has DDR1 pair and green has DDR2 pair or DDR1 takes up 1-green and one purple and likewise for DDR2.

I have a MSI NEO2 Platiunum and a Athlon64 3500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Conley

With 4 sticks the MOBO will run the RAM at 333MHz.

There's nothing wrong with RAM.

Has to do with the Memory Controller on the CPU.

You might be able to play with the timings and OC the RAM to 400.

How can I get the mobo to run faster then and why would adding more memory cause it to display a slower running time? What settings should I use for the memory? I am a newb at memory settings, so please bear with me.

Thanks,

Conley

The memory controller on all but the very newest Athlon 64s sets the memory speed by design to 333 Mhz when more than 2 sticks are used.

What is the exact part # and revision # of each pair? Are they both TwinX packs?

The memory controller on all but the very newest Athlon 64s sets the memory speed by design to 333 Mhz when more than 2 sticks are used.

What is the exact part # and revision # of each pair? Are they both TwinX packs?

I will have to get the revisions later. The parts are:

twinx1024-3200c2pro

and

twinx1024-3200c2 (no LED)

Archived