Corsair Community

ICUE prohibiting Asus Motherboard RGB to turn off

Hi there,

So I am having this problem now since the 3.36.125 version of ICUE, also with the new 3.37.140. What happens is that when I turn my computer off/put in in hibernate the RGB lighting of my Asus x470 strix motherboard stays on. Expected and usual behavior from before the update would be that these lights should turn off.

I have read a few other threads on this forum complaining about the same and people telling them that they need to set that option in the bios of the motherboard, which I also have done since two years ago, I also checked in Armoury Crate to make shure that the lights should be off when the PC shuts down and the settings here are correct.

I am quite certain that this problem is ICUE related, beacause if I quit ICUE before powering down my computer, the RGB lights turn off as intended, but with ICUE open in the background they stay on. I am at a loss and this is really starting to annoy me, since my computer is standing right next to my bed and it is quite borthering when going to sleep. I and many others want the devs behind ICUE to fix this mess of a software up. In general version 3.36.125 has been very buggy and bothersome most off the time. It is really sad that such obvious bugs are still present after an update. :mad::mad:

Edited by TheWeirdDodo

Perhaps you can go to Aura Sync and Check out the "sync at shut down" Option and select off.

After go back to iCue > Settings > Enable plug ins and hope that fixes your issue. It works for me. However I use Asus Maximus XI Formula so I'm not sure if that'll work for you but I hope it helps

• Corsair Employee
You will need to utilize the Asus software in order to set the appropriate hardware lighting profile that you wish to have. Asus also tends to implement a BIOS level option for hardware lighting on their motherboards where you can tell the BIOS to control the effect of the lighting when in sleep states or when the system is powered off.

I am quite certain that this problem is ICUE related...

CUE is not running when you are in hibernate nor does it control your MB directly. It uses the Asus lighting service when both programs are running. It can't do that in that state.

You did not mention whether you are using Aura or Armory Crate. The method is slightly different for each, but both will revert to the last known MB capable profile (static, breathe, color cycle). Aura has specific settings for when the service is not running as mentioned above. These are also found within the Advanced BIOS -> Onboard Devices for you MB. All of these can be tripped up by installing a new BIOS version or even unplugging the PC from the wall, but this is still a motherboard controlled setting.

If you still can't figure this out, uncheck the 'enable plugins' option in CUE, open Aura/AC and set a static black 0,0,0. Then go back to CUE and re-enable the Asus plugin. MB lighting will revert to that setting when CUE is not running.

CUE is not running when you are in hibernate nor does it control your MB directly. It uses the Asus lighting service when both programs are running. It can't do that in that state.

You did not mention whether you are using Aura or Armory Crate. The method is slightly different for each, but both will revert to the last known MB capable profile (static, breathe, color cycle). Aura has specific settings for when the service is not running as mentioned above. These are also found within the Advanced BIOS -> Onboard Devices for you MB. All of these can be tripped up by installing a new BIOS version or even unplugging the PC from the wall, but this is still a motherboard controlled setting.

If you still can't figure this out, uncheck the 'enable plugins' option in CUE, open Aura/AC and set a static black 0,0,0. Then go back to CUE and re-enable the Asus plugin. MB lighting will revert to that setting when CUE is not running.

Hi c-attack,

I am not sure if you read my original post correctly but:

I never claimed ICUE is running when the PC is in off/hibernate state. Obviously ICUE is not running. What I was trying to say is that ICUE messes the asus software up and does not take its or the motherboards settings.

You did not mention whether you are using Aura or Armory Crate.

I did say that I am using Armory Crate:

... I also checked in Armoury Crate to make shure...

These are also found within the Advanced BIOS...

As stated in the original post, these options are set in the BIOS, I did not mention tho that I tried to turn this setting of and then back on.

I will try this. Thanks for the idea!

• 2 weeks later...
My TUF x570 is not changing the motherboard rgb. Everything worked fine until iCue and Armory crate updated in the same day. iCue on 3.37.140 and Armory crate is on 3.3.7. I read online other people were having this issue. Is there any way to give Motherboard rgb control back to iCue. I tried removing both programs with a fresh install still no luck. Everything else works properly but for sum reason, I will change my lighting effect and my motherboard will still do the default rainbow effect Aura sets. I also tried disabling and enabling the plugins. When I do that the motherboard rgb will sometimes freeze as well. Please help, iCue controls all of my devices and its driving me Crazy. Edited by matchu5489

• 1 month later...

I have an Asus B450 Pro Gaming (TUF), and all works well.

For reference:

set ErP ON in BIOS, set glow ONLY when pc is working, and OFF in all other cases (lists S4, S5 and other states, i don't remember).

then in Windows, in iCue, set the link to glow with ram and other devices...

... and voilà!

(works for me)

P.S.: for the fresh install i did some days ago (new pc), installed FIRST Armoury crate and aura creator, THEN iCue software.