Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M4D3600C16 AMD x570 Compatibility

MaejorPain

I have seen this kit (CMW32GX4M4D3600C16) pop up on a few websites but there's no mention on any QVLs or reviews.

Anybody have info on this kit?

Compatibility?

Is it just a better binned CMW32GX4M4D3600C18?

Edited by MaejorPain

I have just recently purchased this kit and have only had issues with it. I'm running Win10 on a 3700X, B550 system and it will not run stable on the XMP profile. I'm currently on auto, so 2133C15, but it did run at 3600C18 for some time. I think I'll have to wait until Asrock/Corsair/Windows puts out an update to get the XMP to work properly.

Update: I did get this kit to run at 3600C16 by running Ryzen DRAM Calculator on it to get the sub timings and manually entering the info into the BIOS.

DO NOT USE THE XMP PROFILE

1-10 Update: Used the bad bin profile in Ryzen DRAM Calculator to get zero errors in MEMTEST, timings adjusted to 16-16-21-17-36-62 per the program. So MaejorPain, these are bad binned Micron E-die units. Not sure what the 3600C18 sticks use.

Edited by C1ncyN15m0

I have just recently purchased this kit and have only had issues with it. I'm running Win10 on a 3700X, B550 system and it will not run stable on the XMP profile. I'm currently on auto, so 2133C15, but it did run at 3600C18 for some time. I think I'll have to wait until Asrock/Corsair/Windows puts out an update to get the XMP to work properly.

Update: I did get this kit to run at 3600C16 by running Ryzen DRAM Calculator on it to get the sub timings and manually entering the info into the BIOS.

DO NOT USE THE XMP PROFILE

1-10 Update: Used the bad bin profile in Ryzen DRAM Calculator to get zero errors in MEMTEST, timings adjusted to 16-16-21-17-36-62 per the program. So MaejorPain, these are bad binned Micron E-die units. Not sure what the 3600C18 sticks use.

I believe the D series I quoted can be a few different dies but I got C dies and they’ve been a bit of a headache to work with. XMP also doesn’t work on them and manually tuning them has been difficult.

So yours are rock solid at those times? May return these and get those then.

I have the 16gb version with the same issue.

The bad binned DRAM calculator didn't help. Currently the best it can do is 3333MHz at FLCK 1800MHz using D.O.C.P. and default everything else. That's just booting into BIOS, I haven't performed a stability check yet. (Edit: It passed memtest86)

CMK16GX4M2D3600C16

Asus B550-F (1602 beta bios)

5600x

I bought these believing I could just run its 3600MHz cl16 profile with no hassle according to all the reviews. Should I return these?

Edited by veng01
tested stable

I have the 16gb version with the same issue.

The bad binned DRAM calculator didn't help. Currently the best it can do is 3333MHz at FLCK 1800MHz using D.O.C.P. and default everything else. That's just booting into BIOS, I haven't performed a stability check yet. (Edit: It passed memtest86)

CMK16GX4M2D3600C16

Asus B550-F (1602 beta bios)

5600x

I bought these believing I could just run its 3600MHz cl16 profile with no hassle according to all the reviews. Should I return these?

What version do the sticks say and what does Dram calc say? Also what timings are you running them at?

Edited by MaejorPain
Forgot a letter

What version do the sticks say and what does Dram calc say? Also what timings are you running them at?

ver 3.31, 2020 wk51

Supposedly it's either rev b/d/e micron

It's rated 16-19-19-36 1.35v @ 3600Mhz

Currently running 3333mhz, fclk 1800mhz, 1t, 1.35v with asus d.o.c.p. enabled

The calculator only has support for micron e/h at 3600.

Dram calculator tcl to trc shows current timings: 16-19-19-19-36-78

It tells me that bad bin requires 1.39v, surely I shouldn't need to touch the voltage.

Also it says latency is 71.8ns. Seems bad compared to my old triple channel ddr3 1600mhz cl9 1t system that gave me 54ns.

Edit: Dropping fclk to 1666mhz to give 1:1 ratio gave 65ns.

Edit2: Looking at the Asus forums it may be a mainboard issue as others have problems booting above 3200mhz. I myself am unable to go past 3333mhz on loose timings. Curiously, setting all timings to auto resulted in cl24 @3333mhz :/. Apparently a bios update is on its way.

Edited by veng01
updated info

Update: It works at 3600MHz, FCLK 1800MHz cl16 now.

Not sure what fixed it exactly but I realised the RAM sticks were in the wrong slots. Also, I plugged in the second EATX12v_2 CPU power connector.

I reset CMOS, went into EZ mode (f7) and changed performance mode from Normal to Asus Optimal which rebooted into 3333MHz, fclk 1666MHz cl16. I rebooted and chose the docp profile which booted up with 3600MHz, flck 1666MHz. Rebooted again and changed fclk to 1800MHz and it booted into windows fine at 3600mhz 16-19-19-19-36-58 1t 1.35v :)

Latency reports at 65ns.

Edited by veng01
added latency

Update: It works at 3600MHz, FCLK 1800MHz cl16 now.

Not sure what fixed it exactly but I realised the RAM sticks were in the wrong slots. Also, I plugged in the second EATX12v_2 CPU power connector.

I reset CMOS, went into EZ mode (f7) and changed performance mode from Normal to Asus Optimal which rebooted into 3333MHz, fclk 1666MHz cl16. I rebooted and chose the docp profile which booted up with 3600MHz, flck 1666MHz. Rebooted again and changed fclk to 1800MHz and it booted into windows fine at 3600mhz 16-19-19-19-36-58 1t 1.35v :)

Latency reports at 65ns.

Glad you got it working. My C18 kit has been finicky so I ordered this kit to see if it fares better. Glad you got it working. Did you use any software to verify stability?

Edited by MaejorPain
a word

Glad you got it working. My C18 kit has been finicky so I ordered this kit to see if it fares better. Glad you got it working. Did you use any software to verify stability?

I only ran about 30mins (50%) of memtest86 without errors. Wanted to spend time to move this setup into my main build. I've dropped the mem speeds for now to concentrate on stability issues with this mainboard regarding pcie4 and usb disconnects, and generally learning the new features as I'm moving in from an x58 system. Will follow up later.

Only v3.31 work well. That are the versions with Micron E-die. Other versions are highly unstable. I just returned my set to my supplier because it does not work well stand alone and in conjunction with my v3.31 kit. The version I have is v8.31. And unstable.

Stable (v3.31):

Manufacturer : Micron Technology

Part Number : MT40A1G8SA-075E:E

Package : Standard Monolithic 78-ball FBGA

Die Density / Count : 8 Gb E-die (Z11B / 19 nm) / 1 die

Unstable and unsupported (v8.31):

Manufacturer : Nanya Technology

Part Number : NT5AD1024M8A3-HP

Package : Standard Monolithic 78-ball FBGA

Die Density / Count : 8 Gb A-die (20 nm) / 1 die

Edited by wim-bart
Version numbers added

Quick update: Returned CMW32GX4M4D3600C18 version 4.32. Typhoon labels them as BDie but the internet seems to believe they are CDie. Nevertheless, they were terrible. Not sure if I got a bad set but I tinkered ALOT with every timing and they never ran stable at 3600 C18, XMP didn’t work, they were VERY voltage sensitive and the best I could get them to run at was 3200 C18. Overall a terrible experience and I shouldn’t have wasted my time trying to get them to run at advertised speeds.

I bought CMW32GX4M4D3600C16 and got version 3.31 Micron EDies. They are rock solid 3600 C16 19 19 36 and I think I still have some good headroom to tighten timings and or increase frequency. I’ll save that for another day as I burned myself out trying to figure the other set out and I just want to use the PC. Overall a much better experience with these.

The new Asus 1801 beta bios lets me go straight to 3600mhz on the docp profile.

Not experienced any crashes while gaming or in windows so far (pcie4 still disabled). Although, I do have an issue with cold boots requiring a reset to be able to POST now.

Edit: Cold boot instantly throws beep code: one long beep and 2 shorts beeps suggesting memory is missing. I need to wait over a minute until I can hit reset for it to POST.

Edit2: Not had a cold boot issue since changing fclk from auto to 1800

I bought CMW32GX4M4D3600C16 and got version 3.31 Micron EDies. They are rock solid 3600 C16 19 19 36 and I think I still have some good headroom to tighten timings and or increase frequency.

Nice, I'd be interested in your findings. RAM tweaking can be very tedious and risky.

Edited by veng01
added cold boot info

I was advised by Corsair to replace my 2x2x8GB with 2x16GB because the 2x2x8 where two different sets (v3.31 and v8.31). So now I got myself an advised CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 set.

This memory is so fast..... crashing... and not able to get stable. It runs for one day, next day, beep beep beep. Press [F1].... Because it does not come past memory check. When i put in manual settings and stay at 3400MTT max it works but above that it is real ****. Dies are neither Micron, Samsung, Nayan.

Already the 3th set i have to return. What is happening with Corsair. It is so frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought another set of CMK16GX4M2D3600C16 - also matching v3.31 with micron-e dies. They work perfectly one their own.

But it won't POST with 4x8gb. I tried fiddling with some voltages as noted on the Asus forums but no luck for me :(

They won't even POST after clearing CMOS.

Asus B550-F (1805 bios)

5600x

On a side note, I've been running the 2x8gb configuration with slightly tightened safe timings (16-16-19-16-36-58) with voltage changes as recommended by the ryzen calculator with no problems.

• Corsair Employee
I bought another set of CMK16GX4M2D3600C16 - also matching v3.31 with micron-e dies. They work perfectly one their own.

But it won't POST with 4x8gb. I tried fiddling with some voltages as noted on the Asus forums but no luck for me :(

They won't even POST after clearing CMOS.

Asus B550-F (1805 bios)

5600x

On a side note, I've been running the 2x8gb configuration with slightly tightened safe timings (16-16-19-16-36-58) with voltage changes as recommended by the ryzen calculator with no problems.

Our memory is only validated and guaranteed to work in the configuration they are packaged and sold as. Mixing two kits as you are doing can lead to compatibility issues such as prevent XMP/DOCP from enabling, system stability issues, or even prevent the computer from booting.

... or even prevent the computer from booting.

That's news to me. I've not read that as an official statement anywhere. I assumed they'd at least boot with loose timings to start. I understand these aren't a 4x8gb kit, but their manufacturing dates are within 6 weeks of each other.

Anyhow, I don't believe these kits are the culprit, rather an issue with the mainboard and ongoing bios updates to fix a common problem between the Ryzen 5000 series and the memory controller.

I wondered if anyone else overcame this problem with voltage/setting adjustments. If not I'd wait for bios updates.