Corsair Community

Lightning Node Pro - iCUE detected, RGB strips no lights

dcreelma

Lighting* Node Pro - iCUE detected, RGB strips no lights

Hello, sorry if this is a repeat but couldn't find anything exactly like this in the forums. Only similar issues.

I installed two sticks of RGB Vengeance RAM, 4 QL 120 RGB fans, a commander pro, a lighting node core, and a lighting node pro with RGB strips. Both the lighting node core and pro usb's were attached to the commander pro usb pass throughs. I didn't use the commander pro LED ports initially.

All have been detected by iCUE (RAM, lighting node core, lighting node pro, and commander pro). I can change the fan lighting effects, and fan speeds via the iCUE software. However, I have been unable to get the rgb strips working, they won't light at all upon powerup, nor once the lighting setup is defined in the iCUE software. Three rgb strips on one, and one strip on the other. They simply won't light.

I've changed usb ports, changed power plugs, and rebooted several times. I finally got rid of the lighting node pro altogether, and plugged the strips into the commander pro LED ports, set up the lighting, and still no lights.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by dcreelma
Misspelling in Title

I was able to get everything working by installing everything with the power on. Don't know if it was a USB detection problem or not. I basically had to add one strip to each node on the lighting node pro, connected to the usb pass through on the commander pro, then adjust the colors in the software. As each strip came on, I added another and adjusted the software appropriately.

Maybe a faster way to do it, but starting with the lighting pro disconnected from everything, and keeping the computer on, then assembling everything one by one, it finally worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Dave