Corsair Community

iCUE v3.36.125 Patch Notes

Corsair James

I already posted a report about this and got ignored.

Ever since the latest update, MACROS ARE DISAPPEARING

I go to use my profile and a key isn't working, so I open iCue and the macros

are randomly jumbled all over the place AND RANDOM MACROES ARE JUST UP AND DELETED! I SPENT YEARS PERFECTING THIS PROFILE THIS NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boot camp now, I discovered high cpu usage with Corsair.Service.CpuIDRemote64.exe (15% usage every other second).

Disabled the EXE via making "EVERYONE" block on that particular file which prevents Corsair iCUE from invoking it again.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software)

My iCUE Corsair.Service.CpuIDRemote64.exe High CPU usage is now gone with it.

There's a simple solution here Corsair and I'm kind of confused as to why I'm the one telling you this: allow us to disable system information capture. We don't need five programs capturing our hardware status for an OSD - use the Windows Game Bar if you're that interested in OSD instead of depending on your own overlay. You're more than likely making your own software super unstable with this. K.I.S.S. METHOD is needed.

Reverted back to the older version by uninstalling and downloading the older one and installing. Couldn't import my profiles because they are from a 'newer version'.

Give me a break already. So I updated to this broken version again, accomplishing nothing.

Every time I try and use my macroes, I'm missing at least one more that I have to redo. iCue is deleting macroes and scrambling the rest of them. Corsair???

HELLO? EARTH TO CORSAIR!

Now my brand new computer is telling me the usb port the keyboard is plugged into, the pass through one, isn't responding to restart requests. Now three of my MIDI devices aren't working either cause of this update and maybe a permanently damaged usb port.

I dunno, when is this corrupt update gonna start costing me real money, instead of just the hours I've spent redoing macroes? Am I going to have to start replacing parts on my computer because of this?

Pressing the Update Available dialogue icon in ICUE on Dec. 10, 2020 caused my ICUE to remap all my second actions to different ones as reported on Dec. 10 in this thread.

To correct it, I spent several hours with difficulties as discussed remapping the macros to their appropriate second actions. Turning the computer off and on that night, caused all corrections to be misremembered or not saved and reverted to mis-mapped to the incorrect locations. On Dec. 11, I began remapping a second time with intent to write down or record identifiers and purpose of some actions knowing that this was happening again. My ICUE flashed white during operation on Dec.11 and the macros were mismapped again.

Twice before, I have gone to the support ticket system when a Corsair Utility Engine update has caused damage to my profiles, and been advised that I would have to get to a clear system and rebuild my profiles.

With limitations, the last year has seemed somewhat stable, and prior to hitting the update button I export my profiles, but I haven't been careful to copy my Appdata and program data recently.

I last seem to have hit the Update button on 11-29-2020 as evidenced by my dated name of my exported profiles, (and date modified in Windows). ICUE was stable in that all my macros have seemed to work as I entered them through recent updates of ICUE. An interesting thing though is that my mouse wheel has been broken all this time, and I thought it was broken mechanically as I often use the middle click mouse button for an action. I tried to fix it through cleaning and windows etc. After installing this update, it works fine. How do you affect the mouse wheel in ICUE? It's weird to me, that an update to ICUE with everything else equal has fixed the mouse wheel which has been broken through several previous updates.

To fix the macro corruption that occurred with V 3.36.125, I have tried to do what SuperTRev did in previous post using V 3.35.152, to my December 10 profile to the same result of it being from a "newer version".

I performed a clean installation of V 3.35.152 using the instructions found on Corsair Help:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I imported my exported profiles of Nov. 29, 2020 and they were remapped wrong.

I copied each action from Nov. 29 into the Action Library and then into a new created profile and reassigned all the actions to keys and buttons and reassigned all the second actions to the appropriate macros. The results I'm getting now are crazy. I was able to recreate Zelendel's experience in this thread where moving actions on my list crashes ICUE. Reopening ICUE and many of the actions were renamed and remapped again.

So, there you have it: prior to downloading the Corsair Update my keyboard and mouse worked, and afterwards, it has been a sh-tshow. Twice in the past after experiences similar to this one Corsair Tech support has advised me that all is lost: Sorry for the inconvenience and to reset my Corsair Utility Engine. Once in the past they advised me to do this, but the problem was in fact related to there being a macro in my Actions library that randomly assigned to the "Escape" key and would screw up my Windows Software when I pressed Escape. This action library random roulette that Xin0710 refers to is referring to that? bug of 2 years ago?

Will ICUE screw up your peripheries? Apparently. What controls the Mouse wheel scroll in ICUE? Why did the update fix it?

I haven't posted or or been very active in this forum for a couple years, because most of the posts seemed to revolve around fan speed and lighting, and trying to sift through it all, made me feel like SuperTRev seems to feel like in their post.

Wife: "Why are you moping around watching Rachel Maddow?"

Me: "I updated my Corsair. It broke again. I can't use my computer or play my game. It's so hard to fix..."

Wife: "Again?!?!?!?"

Me: "Yeah, I know right. Hit that damn update button and Trust Corsair."

After being forced to update the software, I ran into the issue of my H115i Platinum being undetected and iCUE immediately closing.

After many troubleshooting attempts including full uninstall/deletion of registry entried/folders etc, the only solution was to install an older version (3.30.97) and simply wait for the app to push the latest version on me again, the one that wasted hours of my time last night.

Why there can't be a simple option to at least delay the install of a new version to allow customers to avoid having these time consuming problems that come as a result of these forced updates, yet really do NOT bring any new functionality to the user.

If this new functionality is something we must have, at least allow users the option to wait a while to be sure it's truly well tested in the field.

I do not allow any Win 10 updates (drivers especially) to happen until I have had time to check out the forums to see if the update has clear patterns of the same issues.

And of course Corsair has gone to the trouble of making sure that if a customer chooses to block the updates through firewall rules for example, that they run into entire PC system performance issues due to iCUE utilizing a lot of CPU resources as some sort of a 'punishment' for simply waiting to see if the update is going to impact the general usability of the PC. This is akin to dictator style countries......

After being forced to update the software, I ran into the issue of my H115i Platinum being undetected and iCUE immediately closing.

After many troubleshooting attempts including full uninstall/deletion of registry entried/folders etc, the only solution was to install an older version (3.30.97) and simply wait for the app to push the latest version on me again, the one that wasted hours of my time last night.

Why there can't be a simple option to at least delay the install of a new version to allow customers to avoid having these time consuming problems that come as a result of these forced updates, yet really do NOT bring any new functionality to the user.

If this new functionality is something we must have, at least allow users the option to wait a while to be sure it's truly well tested in the field.

I do not allow any Win 10 updates (drivers especially) to happen until I have had time to check out the forums to see if the update has clear patterns of the same issues.

And of course Corsair has gone to the trouble of making sure that if a customer chooses to block the updates through firewall rules for example, that they run into entire PC system performance issues due to iCUE utilizing a lot of CPU resources as some sort of a 'punishment' for simply waiting to see if the update is going to impact the general usability of the PC. This is akin to dictator style countries......

I think you're misinformed if you think you are forced to update. I have never had a new version forced on me; I chose to install it.

You choose to "Check for Updates" and you choose to give permission for the installer to run - both of those condition have to be true to install the new version. I think you're overthinking things somewhat and looking for spooks in the closet.

Edited by BlaiseP

Last night after watching Rachel Maddow, and before writing my post and going to bed, ICUE was going crazy. I was able to replicate symptoms expressed by superTRev and Zelendel. ICUE was shutting down and staying on the lighting associated with the profile. Any button or key assigned with a macro were playing the starting sound associated with the macro but not executing the macro. (I have macros associated with the left side of my keyboard and my right click mouse button in my current gaming profile, so that they will not interrupt running macros. I have a sound associated with my right click macro which would play but the macro did not execute (ie. the mouse would not right click)) When I hit the shortcut in the taskbar to reactivate ICUE, there would literally be 10 or 15 copies of some macros in the profile, and some were deleted (as per superTRev) when I moved these around, ICUE would close on me (as per Zelendel). I played 2 or 3 games, and this happened each game.

This evening I reviewed this help article and ran the repair tool which requires a reboot at the end:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

Before the reboot and repair, I had fixed the gaming profile. After the reboot, my macros were there and mapped correctly. I have played 2 successful games this evening (,and my mouse wheel works!). Though I tried reimporting some other older profiles and they were still mapped incorrectly.

I don't know why they have not helped you since June and ignored your pleas for help superTRev. I don't know why my CUE needed repairing. I don't do deep dives into the program, and the only time I look at my registry or use regedit is when I'm troubleshooting ICUE. My mouse wheel failed in about June, so maybe that was the start of my disrepair as well with an update in June. Corsair reads the posts pretty quickly (they have moved two of my more critical but innocuous posts to jail within hours of posting), but as soon as they start going vitriolic, they don't seem to answer them in the public space. I completely understand your vitriol however. My reasoning for not going to the Support Ticket System are clear after two failed attempts with similar symptoms.

If you've been fighting with this since June, I would recommend (if you haven't already) that you,

- try running the repair tool as per the help article linked.

- and contact Corsair Support Ticket System without referencing any post in here or any vitriol in here.

Edited by Petro

I think you're misinformed if you think you are forced to update. I have never had a new version forced on me; I chose to install it.

You choose to "Check for Updates" and you choose to give permission for the installer to run - both of those condition have to be true to install the new version. I think you're overthinking things somewhat and looking for spooks in the closet.

Lol, yeah that's a fair comment.

Ok, would be nice if the app had a setting to stop nagging about updating.

My macroes are now degrading faster than my ability to replace them.

It's like a virus that is getting faster over time. Now it's copy/pasting macroes onto other macroes, overwriting them, like a kind of virtual cancer.

When I do surgery on the profile, fix it back to the way it was before this latest trojan virus update, and export it, to import it later to reverse the future damage, it doesn't matter, because there is still more damage anyway.

My years of work are now a slowly sinking ship. Because of some extremely unimportant update that doesn't even come with release notes, which is even legal somehow, nobody knows. There is permanent damage to this companies' reputation in the least. For this to go on so long and even without a word about it is unforgivable.

Some of my macroes have up to thirty steps in them, several are mouse movements that take careful pixel perfect cursor capturing to get it right.

Then there is the trial and error with timing delays.

I just ran into my first deleted macro that I forgot how I did it. I bet this won't be the last one. This update is NOT reversible!

Thanks a lot corsair. We give you our money and trust your products are going to work, and this is what you do to us. This is how you treat customers. I've lost all respect for corsair.

REALLY.png.f2864a42308edbf2c6be90362f674210.png

Hello,

I've recently installed The Division 2 on my Legion 7i laptop and RGB effects/lights turns off as soon as the game starts. Please add/fix The Division 2 and Legion 7i iCUE LEDs.

Thanks.

The Division 2 has programmed CUE lighting effects to match in-game events. If you prefer your own lighting, either turn it off in the game settings menu or uncheck the "enable SDK" option in the CUE settings.

Resolved an issue that if update iCUE directly, it will show (1) after product name

Not 100% sure what "update iCUE directly" means exactly but I just swapped the USB header for a H100i device to try and resolve an unrelated problem, now I have a duplicated device showing in iCUE... H100i RGB PRO XT (1) and H100i RGB PRO XT

It's the same device so seem like your software is still buggy or doesn't work off a unique device serial/ID etc. Doesn't seem to be any obvious way to remove it either.

The Division 2 has programmed CUE lighting effects to match in-game events. If you prefer your own lighting, either turn it off in the game settings menu or uncheck the "enable SDK" option in the CUE settings.

No. I actually want to play with iCUE effects on my laptop. It works fine with my desktop with Corsair RGB products. But with this laptop, it doesn’t. Every RGB light shuts off as soon as the game launch.

This update broke the "media - volume up" and "media - volume down" actions for my M65 PRO. It only goes up or down by 2 now. keeping the button pressed does nothing (instead of keep increasing or decreasing the volume). I guess because of the debounce "fix"

PSA: Get a version that works for you and NEVER F**KING UPDATE AGAIN.

Previous version screwed up my AIO system (performance + LEDs), this version disabled up the LED strips then deleted all of my iCue profiles when I reinstalled it.

For the love of ****, if you choose Corsair (which I now won't), archive the software you install because one of those days you'll feel lenient, hit that update button, then spend a few hours regretting it.

There is no rollback option, Corsair does not keep a software archive. You have been warned.

While chasing down my other mouse cursor freezing issue I've noticed the service logs are getting heavily spammed (every second) if I enable debug logging (H100i RGB PRO XT)

C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Service logs\Service_Error.log

2020-12-22 14:07:59.3314 | 19 | PC-HOSTNAME | 3.36.0.1 | CommandStateMachine | The command 0x00 got System.IndexOutOfRangeException

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.BufferManipulation.CoolitCommandByteWriter.Visit(Byte[] buffer)

at HumanInterfaceDevice.Types.Buffer.Accept(IBufferVisitor visitor)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.ReportFactories.CoolitBridgeOutputReportFactory.Create(CoolitBridgeCommandCode code)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.ReportFactories.CoolitBridgeOutputReportFactory.CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Core.IReportFactory.Create(Byte id)

at CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Core.CommandStateMachine.<MoveNext>d__3.MoveNext()

2020-12-22 14:07:59.3314 | 19 | PC-HOSTNAME | 3.36.0.1 | CoolitHidDevice | Cannot open device CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.CoolitHidDevice

2020-12-22 14:07:59.3314 | 19 | PC-HOSTNAME | 3.36.0.1 | CoolitHidDevice | Cannot open device CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.CoolitHidDevice

C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Service logs\Service_Trace.log

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | ERROR: CommandStateMachine | The command 0x00 got System.IndexOutOfRangeException An exception System.IndexOutOfRangeException (Index was outside the bounds of the array.) has occurred. Please see the errors log file for details.

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | ERROR: CommandStateMachine | The command 0x00 got System.IndexOutOfRangeException An exception System.IndexOutOfRangeException (Index was outside the bounds of the array.) has occurred. Please see the errors log file for details.

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | ERROR: CoolitHidDevice | Cannot open device CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.CoolitHidDevice

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | INFO: CommandStateMachine | The command 0x00 got an error: Cannot open device

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | ERROR: CoolitHidDevice | Cannot open device CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Coolit.CoolitHidDevice

2020-12-22 14:07:58.3603 | 8 | INFO: CommandStateMachine | The command 0x00 got an error: Cannot open device

2020-12-22 14:07:59.3314 | 21 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1013(avg: 1013.04) ms

2020-12-22 14:07:59.3314 | 21 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 7(41 sens.)

Can anyone else confirm if they are seeing this as well?

Ignoring the cursor freeze issue my device seemingly functions OK with RBG and fan/pump controls so I'm not sure what it's failing to talk to here. Either way I'm sure it isn't helping performance by failing so frequently behind the scenes.

Don't forget to disable debug logging afterwards if you test this out - the log files grow pretty quickly.

PSA: Get a version that works for you and NEVER F**KING UPDATE AGAIN.

Previous version screwed up my AIO system (performance + LEDs), this version disabled up the LED strips then deleted all of my iCue profiles when I reinstalled it.

For the love of ****, if you choose Corsair (which I now won't), archive the software you install because one of those days you'll feel lenient, hit that update button, then spend a few hours regretting it.

There is no rollback option, Corsair does not keep a software archive. You have been warned.

DeeKay - Appears that they do leave older version up in their download area judging by this thread: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=199663

This should give the last few versions:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Patch+notes+for+iCUE

Once you have the version # you want, just adjust the download URL - eg:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.35.152_release.msi

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.33.246_release.msi

These both downloaded ok for me.

I'm at the point now where I have not received any info from support that I hadn't already found in the forums so I'll start trying previous versions myself to see if it'll help fix my issue.

Edited by rubba.chikin