Corsair Community

Delay when holding down button for long time

hlep

I have been experiencing a problem where the longer I hold down a button, the longer it takes before it registers me releasing it. I timed it and after holding down a button for 5 seconds it still inputs the button for 2 extra seconds. This gets very annoying and stressful when gaming or deleting text

Haven't seen any other reports of this. If you quit iCUE from the task bar, does this still happen with the software not running?

If it does not happen without software, try a standard repair. Go to Windows Setting -> Apps and click on Corsair iCUE "modify". Then follow the prompts for a repair install. This will not erase profiles or settings.

When you quit the software, does it still happen? If yes, then you are looking for a different problem. It is possible it's the keyboard, but I would expect varying reactions between the keys ("G" does all the time, but "P" does not). If all the keys do it, it could be an OS issue but it's not clear.

That's a bit strange. I would contact Support to that process moving. If you have any other keyboard lying around, plug it in. Some bizarre OS problem should do it to all of them. If they are fine, they it's back to looking at the Corsair KB.

You can try force updating the firmware or a soft reset. See the directions below.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

OK then. As much as I loathe to recommend it, you probably need to do a Windows re-install. Google around for the various options that are available in the "reset this PC" function from the Settings Update & Security tab. As annoying as it is to re-install all your programs, that is likely a needed troubleshooting step to address whatever is happening.