Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

First of all hello everyone , i decided to post aswell since I finished a new build and i am lucky ( lol ) owner of an H115i ELITE Capellix XT , to add even more injury to that i am also using a Be Quiet 802 Silent Base with the airmesh cover for optimal flow ( running 13900kf so i have too ) , this case was the only thing in stock in my country to fit in an rtx 4080 OC but I didn't expect to finish this build and to be barely able to stand next to it db' wise.

Rant over , i tried everything with ICUE pump was already on quiet by default but it's still loud as crazy in full load , I did manage to set up a nice curve in BIOS PWM but even with that , on the settings I play .. the sound is just pure horror , jet engines on an airstrip are comparable , pump is very loud to with slight buzzing noises on full load I can hear the liquid through it whenever I start it up.

If i use my silent base case mods , i lose 10-12c celsius inside my cooling  so all in all i don't know what to do anymore some people suggested replacement fans on this AIO with either NOCTUAS or even better ARCTICs because they might have even lower db spec and the fans can ramp up to 1700 rpm.

This is not my first build with corsair AIO's so I really don't know what to think about this company anymore , these units should be recalled IMHO.

This PC was in the making for months and years and unfortunately I didn't read anything about this AIO , I did about every single other component though.

F in the chat boys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I currently bought an AIO H100i Elite Capellix and have the same issue. Pump is so loud even at "Quiet" preset.

I was about to pack it up and sent it back and buy another manufacturers product. 

Found this thread and i gotta say its crazy that for 2 years Corsair did nothing to fix this issue.

I want to thank @AntoineB for his fix which works for now. Currently working at 1975 rpm without any issues.

If a random guy from the community found a fix, how come Corsair did not come with something and say that there is nothing they can do? 

Sorry to say this but as much as i love Corsair and i have dozens of their products, my next purchase won't be from them.

Pump.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new PC with H150i Elite LCD. Never used AIO before. It seems I also have this issue, pump makes this constant humming sound. I can hear it even with headphones on. It feels really awkward that Corsair doesn't let to change pump speed  to any speed you want. Mine constantly runs at ~2200rpm.

I also checked screenshots in previous posts and I see that in "cooling" tab on icue app people have both fans AND pump. How comes I only see fans in here, but no pump? So I can't even check how it is with Balanced or Extreme.

icue.jpg

Edited by Finborhur

• 2 months later...

I recently just built a new PC using the H100i Capellix for my  i7 13700K.  This is my first time using AIO and I got to say the pump is NOISY. I tried this mod which does work in getting the pump to drop below 2000rpm, but then I start getting a gurgling/bubbling sound. Does anyone else experience the same thing? 

Hi Everyone

So i bought my Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix a couple of weeks ago and the noise emmited by the pump is just not bareable. Just the time that i invested in research and the effort of testing and configurating to finally come to this post drives me crazy. 

With the configuration hack and rpm about 1950 it's better but far away from what i expect given the price of the product.

Reading Corsair comments like: "Its technical not possible to reduce the rpm below 2300" and then on litte configuration does the job, lets be questioning the whole brand. In addition with the fact that this post is also on going for 2 years without a acceptable solution like a firmware or software update is just ridiculous.

Astonishingly a friend of mine has the h100 variant and there is even on extreme mode just very little noise emission by the pump. So maybe the problem is also caused by the bigger radiator. 

Long story short if there is no solution provided by corsair in the near future i'm going to take the effort to remove the AIO and then abondon corsair products once and for all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 8:48 AM, K.W. said:

I recently just built a new PC using the H100i Capellix for my  i7 13700K.  This is my first time using AIO and I got to say the pump is NOISY. I tried this mod which does work in getting the pump to drop below 2000rpm, but then I start getting a gurgling/bubbling sound. Does anyone else experience the same thing? 

Just in case, check that your AIO has been installed correctly. Gurgling/bubbling sounds are an indicator of air in the loop. Air should always be at the highest point in the loop, in order to not go down into the loop. Check YouTube, there are many videos on how to correctly install an AIO.

On 5/3/2023 at 2:37 AM, AntoineB said:

Still the same issue at present time -05/03/2023. The  Corsair 1501 Elite Capellix XT is making a crazy annoying noise in idle (new one).

🤩Here how to fix it with the configuration edit trick, on Windows 11 and the software iCUE.
It will work if you follow the steps precisely.

1. Open you software iCUE,. In home tab, right click on the default profile and do copy profile. Name it "My profile".
(Put your fan on on the cooling preset of your choice. In my case everything on Quiet or on custom preset if I made personalized curves for the fan speed adjustment). 

I assume you do not use extreme cooling mode which is noisy, so we will use this config as the edit config for the trick.

2. Go C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\cooling and find the configuration file. Copy it and rename it to configuration_backup to have a backup in case you want to revert. Open configuration file with notepad (right click / open with / notepad)

3. ctrl + f (serch for) : extreme. The first one in the doc is the good one (line 1593 for me - can vary)

<name>Extreme</name>

<predefined>true</predefined>
 <coolerType>0</coolerType>
<coolingMode>Normal</coolingMode>
  </base>
 <type>FetaPlus</type>
<pumpMode>2</pumpMode>
<fixedPercents>100</fixedPercents>
<fixedRpm>2650</fixedRpm>
 <customModePoints size="dynamic">

4. Edit the fixedPercent value from 100 to 58% (gave me 1944 rpm for the pump in the end - low noise)

5. Press ctrl+s to save AND close the file AND close the folder explorer window !

6. Close the software iCUE. Then ctrl + alt + suppr / task manager, and right click on iCUE / End task. 

7. Wait 5 seconds. Then you can launch iCUE again. You config file is now applied. Click on the Corsair 1501 Elite Capellix XT icone on top. Click on Cooling on the side. Then set pump to Extreme. --> you should see the fan speed dropping lower around 1950 rpm ! My computer return to almost quiet. 

P.S. I do not know if this is impacting the system on the long run, but it is saving you sanity 😉 The temperature raised only 1-2 degree in my idle.

Its not working anymore. Did they change something with the new update or something? Nothing change when I follow your instructions. It was working until two days ago... Help 🙏

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 1:42 PM, MakSim_13 said:

Its not working anymore. Did they change something with the new update or something? Nothing change when I follow your instructions. It was working until two days ago... Help 🙏

Hi Maksim, I installed iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT yesterday and was also shocked by the howling of the pump, got into the iCUE settings and did not find how to reduce the pump speed, started Googling and came across this topic and the instructions in it, I did as indicate in the instructions and I succeeded the first time. I set 58% and the pump is now running at about 1950 rpm and you can't hear it practically! iCue version 5.6.98.

Привет Максим, я вчера установил  iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT и тоже был в шоке от воя помпы, полез в настройки iCue и не обнаружил как снизить обороты помпы, начал гуглить и наткнулся на эту тему и инструкцию в ней, я сделал как указано в инструкции и у меня получилось с первого раза. я установил 58% и помпа теперь работает на оборотах около 1950 и ее не слышно практически! Версия приложения 5.6. 98  

1.png

Edited by AeroProf

Hey, I bought the H150i capellix XT aio and it also have this atrocious whining noise, not only that but the AF120 fans that came with it also make a weird humming sound,

Because of the sound I did some research to see if it was normal and not a defective pump but it seems like this is this cooler series norm. I can't believe it's been 3 years and this garbage is still out there. This thing is going back no question about it. $200+ for a subpar product, I really regret purchasing corsair products

Does anyone know if NZXT X73 is more silent and have as good cooling capabilities ?

Alright so I returned the H150i Capellix XT at bestbuy and went to the closest micro center, bought a EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB and I cannot tell you how much better this thing is.

First of all I am a silence freak when it comes to my PC and the pump is completely silent, the cooling even a little better, the fans are a little loud when going through heavy load and sometimes does a little "whistling" sound at certain rpm but nothing compared to the horrible AF120 fans. I can definetly live with this since the only time this would happen is when gaming or installation etc... and also fans are easy to swap.

The packaging and the product quality of the EK AIO is top notch. and as I write this comment I can't hear my pc AT ALL. gosh my air exchanger vent is louder than my pc. 

The H150i and what ever aio is from the same serie is a bad product, avoid at all cost

Edited by Hixday

• 1 month later...

HOLY **** CORSAIR!

How are you still justifying that the noise is acceptable. The testing in the community, was that Bob and Marry age 70+ and people that live under a highway?

I just bought a new case and wanted some RGB to show of. I fell in love with the new LINK system and the H150i Link to later on upgrade more of the fans and so on.

Now I regret it all!
Sitting at my computer with headphone on for an hour now and the noise is killing me. The fans and LINK system are great but the pump........... Returning it first in the morning.

Thank you for the noise Corsair.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:42 AM, MakSim_13 said:

Hello,

Did you manage to solve this? I have followed the instructions and I can't get the RPM to drop either 😞

I've also had a H100i with high pitch pump noise. Had replacement from Corsair but still the same, seems to be an issue with this product and the software forcing the pump to run at a higher RPM. Come on Corsair, surely we can get an update to iCue/firmware to fix this?

Es ist eine absolute Katastrophe auch mit der h170i Link nur Surren ich werde wahnsinnig... 

On 5/3/2023 at 2:37 AM, AntoineB said:

Still the same issue at present time -05/03/2023. The  Corsair 1501 Elite Capellix XT is making a crazy annoying noise in idle (new one).

🤩Here how to fix it with the configuration edit trick, on Windows 11 and the software iCUE.
It will work if you follow the steps precisely.

1. Open you software iCUE,. In home tab, right click on the default profile and do copy profile. Name it "My profile".
(Put your fan on on the cooling preset of your choice. In my case everything on Quiet or on custom preset if I made personalized curves for the fan speed adjustment). 

I assume you do not use extreme cooling mode which is noisy, so we will use this config as the edit config for the trick.

2. Go C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\cooling and find the configuration file. Copy it and rename it to configuration_backup to have a backup in case you want to revert. Open configuration file with notepad (right click / open with / notepad)

3. ctrl + f (serch for) : extreme. The first one in the doc is the good one (line 1593 for me - can vary)

<name>Extreme</name>

</base>
 <type>FetaPlus</type>
<pumpMode>2</pumpMode>
<fixedPercents>100</fixedPercents>
<fixedRpm>2650</fixedRpm>

4. Edit the fixedPercent value from 100 to 58% (gave me 1944 rpm for the pump in the end - low noise)

5. Press ctrl+s to save AND close the file AND close the folder explorer window !

6. Close the software iCUE. Then ctrl + alt + suppr / task manager, and right click on iCUE / End task. 

7. Wait 5 seconds. Then you can launch iCUE again. You config file is now applied. Click on the Corsair 1501 Elite Capellix XT icone on top. Click on Cooling on the side. Then set pump to Extreme. --> you should see the fan speed dropping lower around 1950 rpm ! My computer return to almost quiet. 

P.S. I do not know if this is impacting the system on the long run, but it is saving you sanity 😉 The temperature raised only 1-2 degree in my idle.

Registered to say: still working with iCUE-Software 5.9.105

Ofc the path changed. use this folder (in ctrl+r)

%appdata%\Corsair\CUE5\cooling

and follow the description. 58% reduced my pwr from 2280 to 1943. better but not completely gone. but my chassi fans are louder so its okay for me now (waiting for my nocturna)

On 12/17/2023 at 3:05 AM, liandrii said:

Registered to say: still working with iCUE-Software 5.9.105

Ofc the path changed. use this folder (in ctrl+r)

%appdata%\Corsair\CUE5\cooling

and follow the description. 58% reduced my pwr from 2280 to 1943. better but not completely gone. but my chassi fans are louder so its okay for me now (waiting for my nocturna)

I cant get this to work...

<name>Extreme</name>

</base>
 <type>FetaPlus</type>
<pumpMode>2</pumpMode>
<fixedPercents>100</fixedPercents>             100 changed to 58 here  
<fixedRpm>500</fixedRpm>                               Should the fixedRpm be changed from 500 to something else?

Edited by Dyno Paps

I got the same issue with the H100 elite capellix xt. To be honest trying to modify the cooling configuration file is not the solution for this. Corsair should have a recall for this faulty product, it's the noisiest AIO I've ever had. Too bad for them not to take any proper action on this issue.

• 1 month later...

Thank you to @AntoineB i have spent the last 15 mins trying your method and have finally got it to work with my H150i LCD. 

It still is not silent but much better! , i am getting around 2055 rpm now.

Here is a screenshot of where i had to change the number, i am using w11.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 202536.png

• 3 weeks later...

If your changes in the configuration file have no effect, try the following steps. These slightly modified instructions worked for me with Windows 10 and iCUE version 5.11.96:

1. Create your own profile in the iCUE software with the name "My Profile" which you should activate as default in the software
2. Close the iCUE software
3. Open Run (Windows + R) and enter %appdata%\Corsair\CUE5\profiles. This will take you to the profiles folder of the iCUE software
4. Open the file "tree.cueprofileorder" with the last modification date
5. Search for the created profile name "My Profile" in the file and make a note of the ID between <id> and </id>

<data>
                                    <base>
                                        <name>My Profile</name>
                                        <isFolder>false</isFolder>
                                        <children size="dynamic"/>
                                        <parent>
                                            <locked_ptr>
                                                <polymorphic_id>2</polymorphic_id>
                                                <ptr_wrapper>
                                                    <id>1</id>
                                                </ptr_wrapper>
                                            </locked_ptr>
                                        </parent>
                                    </base>
                                    <id>{f15729c1-d765-4bd1-969b-bb7908ee2b7b}</id>
                                </data>

5. Open the file with the name of the noted ID that is located in the same folder (e.g. {7b5b5ebf-3dc8-42e3-8fb6-15891d6e4392}.cueprofiledata)
6. Search in the file for the cooling mode you want to customize (e.g. "Extreme")
7. Change the value between <fixedPercents> and </fixedPercents> to 58

<base>
                                                                                    <id>{c0ae2510-a132-45fe-a3d9-9fcbeeff8011}</id>
                                                                                    <name>Extreme</name>
                                                                                </base>
                                                                                <type>FetaPlus</type>
                                                                                <pumpMode>2</pumpMode>
                                                                                <fixedPercents>58</fixedPercents>
                                                                                <fixedRpm>2250</fixedRpm>

8. Saves and closes the file
9. Wait approx. 5 seconds and then starts the iCUE software

Edited by BjörnK

• 2 weeks later...

imagine this still being an issues 3 year later. So much for Corsair looking into it, its a trash pump.

Purchased the iCue Link H150i LCD to replace and older H150i last Sunday. I am using a Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE case that sits to the right of my desk approximately 3 feet away from me. The pump for the AIO at the quiet setting is loud like others have reported. Forget placing the AIO pump on balanced or extreme setting. The sound level increases and so the noise is a higher pitch. Long time Corsair user. Using there RGB ram, AX1600i PSU, PC case (mentioned above), Keyboard (K100 RGB), and Virtuoso XT headset. The noise at the lowest setting (Quiet) is still irritating since it is quiet in my house. I am also using 3 QX 120 RGB fans. As we know Corsair products are not inexpensive. I know there is a work around by adjusting a file to lower the RPM of the AIO pump below 2000 RPM but I believe that should not be the answer.PC.thumb.jpg.b7bc0393a8b688be7bcab062d8fa049f.jpg

Mit der H170i Link hat es ebenfalls geklappt und ist nun bei 2050RPM nicht mehr zu hören!