Corsair Community

bad memory

I just got my new memory sticks in the mail this morning and they dont seem to work. The new moduals are CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v1.5 0516094-3. My old memory was 2 chips of the same kind, except they are 256mb and these are obviously 512 each. I simply took out the old chips and put in the new ones, making no other changes to my system (bios speed and everyting set to the obtain automatically option). With the new chips windows randomly reboots and/or crashes all the time, when i put the old chips back in everything is fine. I ordered them from Mwave.com and they are telling me to talk to you, so im not sure what to do. This is not the first time i have ordered memory from them and its not worked. The motherboard is an 875P NEO-FISR from MSI, running a intel p4 3ghz.

Try resetting the BIOS. Before you do that though, what are your BIOS settings currently set to?

they are set to default, never really changed them since everything always worked. The settings for memory are set to automatic (spd i think its called?)

• Corsair Employee

Please try and load optimized defaults and then set the following settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Dim Voltage to +2.7x Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Please try and load optimized defaults and then set the following settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Dim Voltage to +2.7x Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Ok, i tested the memory using that program. It looks like the program just keeps looping the tests over and over? Anyway, i stopped after the first memory modual reached 366 errors, after which i replaced it with the other new modual and stopped again when it reached 353 errors. I hope i tested them right? I put in the settings that you listed and let it run. So now what? hehe

Archived