Corsair Community

abit av8 and twinx 1024pro

munkey

hi i posted on heare about 6 months or so ago with (bsod) problems, this was solved to an acceptable exstent by upping the ram voltage to 2.80. however in the past week or so i had a visit from the bsod fairy and have been having major system stability and randem appliation failures in windows, also my rar archive repiring tools keep reporting memory failure and sevear refrencing problems. i have been thinking and playing (no i havent broken anything lol :D: ) but i have found that reverthing to an old bios didnt help, also playing with the t rate (which helped b4) didnt help. i did reduce the ddr speed to 333mhz and this has fixed everything. but i would like to have everything running as fast as poss if i can, but feel this is out of my capebilitys.

my system is:-

abit ave 3rd eye.

corsairr twinx1024xlpro

3500+ amd 64newcastle

79gb raptor western digital sata

XXX 550watts powerstreem (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm shiney :p: )

ati firegl x3 256meg

my timeings:-

erm????

t1

cas 2

ras 2

row cycle time 11 i think?

and the one underneeth that was 12 .

actualy ill just check and post a follow up post with the correct timeings on a i suspect there the important bit.!!!

right back again...

timings and speeds.

fsb= 200mhz

dram=166mhz

dram clock=ddr333

comand rate=1t

cas=2

ras# to cas=2

min ras# active=5

ras# persentage time=2

row cycle time=11

row refresh=14

ras# to ras# delay=2

wright recovary=3

wright to read delay=2

reed to eright delay=3

voltages:-

ddr=2.8

vcore=1.51

ddrvdd=2.71

ddrvtt=1.38

nbvdd=1.59

sbvdd=2.59

htv=1.26

agp=1.60

the 5v rail is reading at 5.22v

3.3v rail at 3.30, 5v sb at 5.22, and the 3v dual at 3.25

phew!!!!!!!! effort. someone please help after all that l :D: ;):

also i would like to add that iv just installed water coling and thus removed the cooling fan from the cpu, next to the air cooled nb heatsynk and ddr slots.

but iv also added 2... yes 2. 120mm fans at the frount and rear of the case and there is quite substantial air flow going through the case. so think this may not be the case.

right... iv been playing all morning and iv adjusted the 5v from 5.22 to 5.01.

then i played with the ras to cas and ddr-mhz and i found that my memory ran faster with the ras to cas set at 2 and the ddr set to 333, in all cases.

i also was able to play with the on the fly overclock function of my mobo, which up untill now crashed my commy,

i suppose i am happy :confused: :confused: with my findings but a little confused, how come it all runs faster at a slower speed??? even the cpu bennofitted from the ddr333 seting at ras to cas 2.

if its purely a stabilaty issue then id like to know how i cn get the full benofit from my world class memory!!!!!

oh and it still crashed at ddr2.8+ ddr400+ ras to cas=2 with the 5v adjused

and it al seams to be running fine at a reduced ddr voltage at ddr333, which is nice

• Corsair Employee
The best I can offer would be to replace your modules if you like. But what you have posted might suggest some other problem. Can a friend maybe help you test the modules in another system? If you want to try replacing your modules please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

The best I can offer would be to replace your modules if you like. But what you have posted might suggest some other problem. Can a friend maybe help you test the modules in another system? If you want to try replacing your modules please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

na i dont think that repaceing them would help. i have done this allready.

i have been thinking the cpu memcontroller or mobo might be to blame. could you offer any advise on how i may go about finding out if this was the case

i have it running faster than iv ever had it going with the ddr333 but i juat want to squeese that last drop out of her..... you know how it is. :D: :D: :D: :D:

ive emailed your warranty dept, plus my reseller... *eagerly awaits reply* hehe. is it me who was unlucky to get a non AMD64 friendly stick? pc loves the other stick tho...

ive tried at all voltages available to me- 2.5-2.8v seems to have no effect besides more heat..

:confused: :confused: core_logic

yeh i ran them at 2.5 with ddr400. iv litraly tryed everything i know about and understand. but it ran faster at 333 with cas 2.0. im happy with it at the moment nor realy needing it to run that quick atm as im wraping up for the year as far as 3ds max goes, so my requirements for speed have gone down.

persuing the mobo and cpu route, currently in conversatin with abit tech support.

at the time i bought it all it was cutting edge (appart from the cpu) and i exspected some trouble but was hoping by now all the bugs woulda been worked out. may upgrade b4 septemer if i can get some work over the summer but just need to find out if the mobo is fooked or the cpu.

:confused: :confused:

• Corsair Employee

core-logic

You should have a reply by now, if not please let me know or you can call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0".

munkey

If we have not tried it we can sure try replacing your modules if you like.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 months later...

downloaded new Bois from abit website, and this has fixed all the problems i ever had with this memory and my board, version 24 i think.

looked at the release notes and it said "dram timing now functions as intended" Jesus, a whole year abit, tut tut tut. :D: :D:

its no problem ram guy, i know the frustration i have felt, and the many hours i have spent staring at blue screens, head scratching and trying to solve a problem that was now with hindsight was unsolvable.

i once sent my memory back to you because i thought it was faulty, and it was easier to rma some ram than a mobo, my reliance on memory has increased a hole lot since this fix, i know feel i made the right choice and did purchase Superior memory all that time ago.

thanks for your help along the way, and i will probably speak again when iv fried my sticks trying to squeeze more life out of them, stable CPU overclocking at 400MHz, !!wow!! i thought this day would never come. :p: :D:

Archived