Corsair Community

I think I need an RMA

I am recently having problems with my Corsair Platinum Series 2 x 512 XMS 27002PT (0313906) ram; after it running error free for 2 years! I was trying to reinstall windows, due to a cycle boot problem, when I started paying specific attention to the windows errors (multiple). Almost all mentioned RAM as a possible issue. Which then lead me to run Memtest on the RAM and it and it came up with upwards of a million errors, one one stick and numerous errors on the other.

I know it has nothing to do with the OS as I can not even get the OS loaded on the Hard drive, and I have replaced the hard drive.

There are no RAM settings in my BIOS and am currently at a loss.

Please help if at all possible, still lifetime warranty right?

System as configured:

AMD 2500+ Barton

Giga-byte GA-7VAXP

(333 FSB)

• Corsair Employee

Please set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. If you do find you have a failing module, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However, if you get errors with both modules that might suggest some other problem and I would try testing them in another system to be sure.

Please set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. If you do find you have a failing module, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However, if you get errors with both modules that might suggest some other problem and I would try testing them in another system to be sure.

I did set the Dim OVer Voltage to +.2 and re-ran Memtest. However, millions of errors on each. I do not have another system to test them on. Should I proceed with an RMA?

Thanks

Kevin

When running one at a time they BOTH got millions? I'd try a different slot.

Also, in the BIOS, hit CTRL + F1 and you should get into the advanced BIOS settings. Are they a TwinX pack?

SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3

SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2

Command Rate: 1T

Memory voltage: 2.7x or 2.8 volts

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Getting errors on both modules would suggest some other problem, and what do you have the memory frequency set to? Should be set to DDR333 with this MB and CPU.

Freq is set to 333 and I did try in different slots. Still got errors. Is it time for a RMA? If not, what else do you suggest?

Thanks

Kevin

Archived