Corsair Community

H100i Fan RGB voltage

Mycroft9x

I'm salvaging the fans off of an H100i AIO cooler to use in a case. (Not using the rest of the kit, just the fans only. Have an Asus motherboard that supports both Aurora and ADD Gen2 (5v RGB headers) Will the fans that are in the H100i kit work with Aurora, or would I need to plug them into the ADD Gen2 header (5v). The Aurora is a 12v header from what I can see.

Appreciate any info.

Are these RGB Fans? Which "flavor" of H100i? There are several.

Assuming that these are the RGB fans from the H100i Platinum, then you don't want to put them onto a 4-pin Aura header. You'll destroy the LEDs. The LEDs on the fans are 5V Addressable.

You can't plug them directly into the motherboard header either.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah it's the platinum version. I have 5v addressable pins on my mobo in addition to the Aurora ones. Mobo is the ROG Strix x570-F Gaming. They are 4 pins wide, but only have 3 pins that come up off the mobo on those 5v connectors. I figure they might work with those.

The Corsair supported way is you need a lighting controller (Lighting Node Pro or Commander) and then a lighting power conduit for the actual lighting current (RGB Lighting Hub or Lighting Node Core). That may not be what you are looking to get into right now. However, there are a couple of third party adapters that can work with the 5v D-RGB header. I got mine from here. I'm not sure whether you'll have to use a splitter for the two or if they can be linked like strips. I have't set them up this way, but someone else likely has.

The Corsair supported way is you need a lighting controller (Lighting Node Pro or Commander) and then a lighting power conduit for the actual lighting current (RGB Lighting Hub or Lighting Node Core). That may not be what you are looking to get into right now. However, there are a couple of third party adapters that can work with the 5v D-RGB header. I got mine from here. I'm not sure whether you'll have to use a splitter for the two or if they can be linked like strips. I have't set them up this way, but someone else likely has.

Yeah, from you'd need the Aura to Corsair adapter and then the Lighting Channel to 2 Fan adapter to put fans directly on the motherboard. It'd be limited to 2 fans though.

Yeah, from you'd need the Aura to Corsair adapter and then the Lighting Channel to 2 Fan adapter to put fans directly on the motherboard. It'd be limited to 2 fans though.

Awesome! Thanks much. You've been a great help! And you as well c-attack! I'll look at getting me an adapter or more fans..lol

Important thing is at least I got the fans working for the time being to cool things off. Next step lighting. :)