Corsair Community

iCUE using 3-5% of GPU if I have interacted with it

heartog

Happens in both V3.27.68 and 3.28.70, tried reinstalling

I've noticed that iCUE uses 3-5% GPU usage on my RTX 2070, so I did some tests and noticed the following.

If I Close (Right Click, exit) and relaunch iCUE, close it by clicking "X" after launch, the GPU usage would not be used by iCUE. It stayed at 0% the whole time

As soon as I right click the iCUE icon on my taskbar/bring to foreground, GPU usage would start to hover around 3-5% for iCUE as show in task manager. It would not stop the GPU usage until I close the program (Right click, exit)

Any tips on why this would happen? Thanks

ICUE uses GPU resources to make all those little graphs and lighting animations. Tabs with more of those (keyboard lighting layout, dashboard) will use more. Text only tabs use less. If the program is not active, then it’s not rendering those things.

ICUE uses GPU resources to make all those little graphs and lighting animations. Tabs with more of those (keyboard lighting layout, dashboard) will use more. Text only tabs use less. If the program is not active, then it’s not rendering those things.

but even if i press x to minimize the program, it would continue using 3-5% of my GPU until i restart the program

It's still running, rendering those graphs in the tray. If you bring it back up, it you will have data/graph history for that interval. This is different than the pre-launch state where none of that is taking place.

is there a way to disable that?

It's still running, rendering those graphs in the tray. If you bring it back up, it you will have data/graph history for that interval. This is different than the pre-launch state where none of that is taking place.

Here is the thing.... if you compare the same situation with Ghub (Logitech Software), as soon you minimize ghub to the systray, the GPU consumption stop, so why not iCUE.

Im having a situation of lag and FPS drops in games and iCUE is the culprit, maybe that behavior (gpu use when idle) is the reason.