Corsair Community

Mixing different case fans with new AIO coming

throwawaylocked

So I have a 460x Crystal and just bought a H100i RGB Platinum AIO.

Obviously the Crystal comes with SP120 fans. The AIO has ML Series fans.

Am I alright to use these two different fans in the case? I plan on front mounting the AIO. Placing the two SP fans on top, so three exhaust SP120, one intake SP120. Two intake ML fans.

I'm not a genius when it comes to pressures and such so advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Every case/configuration is a different story when we come to speak of ariflow. Usually postive pressure is my favorite for dust management, provided that you have filters on your intake fans.

What you won't be able to is to sync RGB effects between ML and SP fans, as they have different number of leds.

Baio

Are these fans different like static pressure and airflow wise? Can you give me a ELI5 for that and positive/negative/even pressure?

I don't have you AIO nor SP or ML fans.

As I can read in this Forum, they should be all the same when using for radiators cooling... I'd probably go with the fans that came with the AIO, and in case add RGB fans as push.

ELI5?? Mmmh... don't know what is!

Baio

Specifically for the hardware you've listed, you will be OK. The Platinum series coolers have their own lighting controller for the two ML-RGB fans that come with it. Those will plug both their control and lighting wires into two separate splitters on the pump. The SP will stay on their current lighting controller in the case. When you want to change lighting for the radiator fans, you will do so through the Platinum's control tab in iCUE.

It won't matter if the one SP-RGB is at the front bottom and the other 2 are up top, except that the lighting will be split. They will act like like one sequence with the ML+AIO constituting a separate sequence. **You can make the one SP-RGB do something similar to the ML while the top 2 do something different. Each fan is individually addressable.

Edited by c-attack

Specifically for the hardware you've listed, you will be OK. The Platinum series coolers have their own lighting controller for the two ML-RGB fans that come with it. Those will plug both their control and lighting wires into two separate splitters on the pump. The SP will stay on their current lighting controller in the case. When you want to change lighting for the radiator fans, you will do so through the Platinum's control tab in iCUE.

It won't matter if the one SP-RGB is at the front bottom and the other 2 are up top, except that the lighting will be split. They will act like like one sequence with the ML+AIO constituting a separate sequence.

Thank you!!!