Corsair Community

Virtuoso mic mute Button not working

Created an account just for this post.

I've owned a virtuoso SE for many months now, eventually the voice alert stopped working when I muted / unmuted my mic. Now the mute button on my mic doesn't work. This happened in the same boot cycle on my computer, it was working, then suddenly stopped.

I've tried:

1) Rebooting my computer

2) Closing iCue (and testing the mic while iCue was closed)

3) Relaunching iCue

4) Tried the headset in both wireless and wired mode

5) Disconnecting and plugging back in the wireless dongle

6) Connected the headset via USB to another computer

iCue version: v.4.18.209

Headset version: v.0.17.149

Virtuoso SE Dongle version: v.0.16.80

I've tried updating to iCue version: v.4.24.193.0

None of these actions have fixed my mic mute button functionality.

• Corsair Employee
51 minutes ago, Pherx said:

I've owned a virtuoso SE for many months now, eventually the voice alert stopped working when I muted / unmuted my mic. Now the mute button on my mic doesn't work. This happened in the same boot cycle on my computer, it was working, then suddenly stopped.

I've tried:

1) Rebooting my computer

3) Relaunching iCue

Try performing a reset of the headset by turning the headset to USB mode, making sure it is not plugged in via the USB cable, press and hold the mute button for about 20 seconds, release the mute button and wait an additional 15 seconds, then power the headset on to the Wireless mode.

16 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Try performing a reset of the headset by turning the headset to USB mode, making sure it is not plugged in via the USB cable, press and hold the mute button for about 20 seconds, release the mute button and wait an additional 15 seconds, then power the headset on to the Wireless mode.

When I got up this morning, the mic light is no longer working and the mic still won't mute. I've tried the above test, no change.

I'm having another issue aside from the mic as well; Sometimes the audio completely blows out for a bit and then eventually recovers - this occurs most often when I'm listening to lo-fi music streams on youtube, which is weird. It does not occur when I listen to them over my speakers or a different headset.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:10 AM, Pherx said:

When I got up this morning, the mic light is no longer working and the mic still won't mute. I've tried the above test, no change.

I'm having another issue aside from the mic as well; Sometimes the audio completely blows out for a bit and then eventually recovers - this occurs most often when I'm listening to lo-fi music streams on youtube, which is weird. It does not occur when I listen to them over my speakers or a different headset.

The light on the mic is caused by when iCue loads, it's turning off the light on the mic when it's on, I have to manually open and turn the option off and on again every time iCue loads to make the light turn on.

Are there any updates from Corsair's end?

I don't seem to be able to hardware reset my headset, I've tried a few times.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to try to reach out over a private message, but the system won't allow me to send any messages.

I'm still looking for some help here. I can't mute my mic and the headset isn't reacting properly to the iCue software. I use this headset for work, but it's getting bad enough that I may need to buy another headset. I bought this headset January 3, 2021.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issues here im about to re-install windows on my pc to see if that helps in any way its incredible that we as consumers have to consider buying a new headset or uninstalling reinstalling windows just to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Will probably be the last corsair product I buy!

On 5/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, Pherx said:

I've tried:

1) Rebooting my computer

3) Relaunching iCue

Hey, ive been having the same issue! With no way of fixing it, have you found a solution to this by any chance?

• 6 months later...

so i recently got a replacement mic and earpieces for my corsair virtuoso se, the mic button wouldn't click on my old on but before that never had a problem. once i got the new piece it clicked just fine but it did not mute correctly in fact it muted and then i couldn't unmute for a good 15min of fiddling around. i have now come to realize its a connection issue. if you have the headset on using three fingers the index and middle on top while pushing the mute button at the same time to mate the mic and headset better together it works perfectly. but i feel like this is far to much force to just have to mute. it seems to be a connection issue with the old style usb plug they have decided to go with either a pin is not touching or a general lack of connection. i feel like the solution would have been to change the connector style all together but this is sadly not the case and this issue got past testing and has now become an issue we have to deal with