Corsair Community

Gave ram to a friend and now need to RMA it. What do I do?

I bought some very nice XMS ram. I gave ended up giving it to a friend when I upgraded and now it has failed and I need to RMA it. What exactly do I do? Can I get an RMA number? The website says that I need to show it was bought from a supported retailer. I no longer have the receipt. How will Corsair know? Also, can I get the RMA number and put my friends address with it or something?

• Corsair Employee

LOL! If you just want to submit the RMA then follow the link in my signature, but I cannot approve an RMA with out knowing this information. And Customer Service may send you back to our tech support or this forum for help in testing/configuring your system. To make sure it’s not just a setting/configuration issue. Which it is about 80% of the time.

Irregardless, how can we answer a question about a module if I don’t know any details about the module or how you are using it?

I wasn't asking you to approve an RMA. I'm asking if the RMA can even be done without my receipt from newegg and if it can be done if I have given away the ram.

I can understand your frustrations with people trying to RMA due to bad setups. In a nutshell, at any setting, her PC won't post with both sticks, won't post with one stick and will post with the other. Could you answer my previous two questions now please? I would like to know if I'm basically wasting my time with this.

ps. The same thing happens when moving the ram around to different slots.

Unless I am mistaken, you do not need to worry about the receipt, and all you would have to do is to fill out the RMA in his address.

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have?

What is the exact part # and revision # of your each stick? Is it a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

When attempting to boot with each stick by itself, were they tested in the same slot, or different slots?

Archived