Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

I guess Amazon Canada still ship faulty sticks, I order my first kit in october, just completed my build 2 weeks ago to find out one of my stick had the led issues. Did an RMA and my 2nd kit has 2 faulty sticks now.

The weirdest past is that this morning, the issue was gone for like 5 minutes but then the issue came back.

Will try a 3rd set

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing this is temperature related and the LEDs flap after expanding / contracting during storage. In my case the defective LED stated working after I tapped it a few times and applied pressure on it. It didn't fail again, but I returned the kit several days later because this binned Dominator B-Die kit couldn't even do 4000 C17 unlike my cheap B-Die Vengeance 3200 C16 kit.

Edited by Monstieur

I've been having exactly the same problem for quite some time now so I doubt I can recover the money or replace the product, since it was bought in the US by someone close to me, and I don't have any purchase slip or anything like that, just the box :(. Has anyone found any solution for this that should not intervene returns or replacements of module? The worst thing is that the error occurred in one of the LEDs of the module, but 2 days ago the same error began to occur in another upper led of the module, so enter panic and I no longer know what to really do to solve the problem. (sorry for my bad english, i'm chilean and I don't know much english hehe).

The only solution I found to avoid having to see the led of that color was to put a static color in black on top of the 2 affected leDs, so instead of looking blue they look as if they were not on (I say it in case someone did not know that you could do that)

IMG_4847.JPEG

IMG_4848.JPEG

Screenshot_690.jpg

Screenshot_691.jpg

Edited by Blotzer

the best thing you can do is lower the brightness. that will make the LEDs last a bit longer. White lighting heats them up and kills them too fast.. too much current

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem. My motherboard is the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) II .The memory is Corsair CMT64GX4M4Z3600C16 DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit . Running windows 11 home edition latest updates as of 22 Aug 2022. The iCUE software is as 4.26.110. The Dominator Platinum RGR DRAM v1.04.28. I have even tried running the memory at 3200MHz but this makes no difference. If have tried resetting ICUE when I get the message that iCUE has stopped receiving data from DRAM, but this does not work. The only way to get the LEDs working again is to reboot the PC.

• 6 months later...

Not sure if anyone has stated this but I'm sure you have a lose screw on the module. I got mine with the screws not put in properly, using a T6 screw bit I was able to get them back in place and has seemed to fix it for the time being.