Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

Same here. All I can do for now is to have the Water effect mixed with the rain effect, for me those 2 effects are the ones more closely not to notice the bad led. But I'm still thinking why 3 of the 7 standard solid color works good but the other 4 colors do not.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, another person here with the same issue. While we wait for Corsair to fix this issue here is my situation. Running CMT64GX4M8C3200C16 something very odd, the icue has an option for 7 colors, one led like everyone else is not working with 4 colors: Red, Gold, Pink, White, but works properly with the other 3 colors.

I believe the colors that aren't working are the colors that require more from the red LED... the issues seem to center around the red LEDs...

Like most of you also found, pressure isn't permanent on my end either. Lasts like a day, tops. Super annoying.

Seems like they have a batch of these sticks that have some shoddy solder jobs or something. All I can think of.

Can a Corsair employee advise us on what to do? Should we even bother with an RMA right now and risk another defective kit? Or should we wait a bit?

Edited by Soulshot96

I wouldn't try with computer on. I tried couple of times and one of those my system froze because I slightly move the stick from the motherboard slot. So I'm not bothering with this anymore screw this very expensive Dominator ram. Been so expensive corsair should have lifetime warranty no questions ask on malfunctioning modules due to manufacturing defects. Imagine someone buying the 32gb 4266MHZ for almost $1000 and not able to get a replacement?

I did with it on. Doesn't take much pressure, in my case at least. Touch your case to ground yourself first and you should be fine.

Pushing on it is definitely a temporary solution though.

Also, flacoboy, these kits do have a lifetime warranty iirc...I just didn't personally expect to need it after 2 days lol.

Yea, don't worry, I'm right there with you.

Currently have a few LED's failing on some of my LL120's, now this...

That said, Corsair has been extremely accommodating in getting those fans replaced. Since I have a custom loop and am draining it to swap the GPU soon, they agreed to wait to ship out the replacement fans for advanced RMA till the new GPU block I pre ordered from them ships, so I only have to tear everything down once.

So I guess if I'm going to have issues, at least it is with Corsair. Still a bummer though.

• Corsair Employee
Same issue, extremely expensive memory... is there even a point to going through an RMA? Do they do cross shipping??

EDIT: I can confirm applying PHYSICAL pressure on the LED actually seems to fix it, but is it permanent?

We do offer an advanced RMA option for our products. You can request for one when during the ticket process, and technical support can help with setting it up for you.

I'll pass the information about the red LED and pressure improving the color along to our engineering team.

We do offer an advanced RMA option for our products. You can request for one when during the ticket process, and technical support can help with setting it up for you.

I'll pass the information about the red LED and pressure improving the color along to our engineering team.

I am aware of this...I'm just wondering if we should wait until the conclusion of your investigation to start the RMA process. Reading other responses here it would seem that this issue is systemic and we have a very good chance of getting another defective kit.

I tried the RAM with the wrong LED in different slots but the problem moved with it. I also tried putting pressure on the wrong LED but it only changed to the right colour for a split second and would then return to light blue. So for me this solution isn't working.

I tried the RAM with the wrong LED in different slots but the problem moved with it. I also tried putting pressure on the wrong LED but it only changed to the right colour for a split second and would then return to light blue. So for me this solution isn't working.

That's because it's not really a solution...more of a confirmation of a hardware fault. Clearly they have a whole batch of these that have this issue, or they made a hardware change that turned out bad and every unit has a chance of this now.

This is why I am hesitant to RMA just yet. I don't want to go through the whole process just to get another messed up kit.

I've thrown in the towel on this LED not functioning and done the same. Replacement should be here by Friday at latest. Here's to hoping we both get lucky Simone (the fact I have to use the word luck when talking about a $894 kit of RAM is more than a bit annoying lol).

Hello all. I started reading this thread showing messages since 2019 and I though it was gonna be something old, but it seems it carry on all the way to present.

Giving my experience on this issue. Yes, I have a faulty led on one of my rams, and the issue started a couple of days ago, I saw the ram displaying a slightly different shade of orange that I wanted to have, and It didnt match the other one. Today, it totally drifted to not working properly.

I tested rainbow and I can confirm issue is with Red. Only solution I found that fixed it temporarily is to lower brightness all the way as lowest possible, so difference in color mixing is minimal.

Let's see what happens.

And yes, as others pointed out, RAM modules do perform perfectly. And I would like to keep my Samsung B die version over a faulty led, but c´mon, this sticks ain't cheap at all.

I just bought a CMT64GX4M4K3600C16 from Amazon and one of the LEDs has a purple tint and appears dim. All colour combinations are tinted on that LED.

Exact kit I purchased about 2 weeks ago. Mine had a LED start acting up after 2 days. Went blue when it should have been white.

Here's to hoping my replacement works out.

I believe its not related to icue software more hardware issue as its same during boot before icue was even installed on a rebuild with new RAM , I have 3 leds out on 2 sticks for 2 x 64GB kits , also don't want to RMA just yet as its new and most likely will just get another with same issue