Corsair Community

ICUE wont open

brettol

I tried all of the exact same fixes you can imagine, everything that everyone here recommended and more. It would work once and then when I logged back on it was the same problem all over again.. Then I updated my BIOS and it has worked ever since

tldr UPDATE YOUR BIOS!

• 1 month later...

After almost giving up searching for a solution, here's what worked for me!

Open Regedit and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Create a new string value, rename it icue or whatever, point it to your icue.exe location and rename it as shown, in my case:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe" --autorun

Edited by Fuzzy_Logic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I found the solution for me, and I hope it works for you too.

This is what I did:

Taskmanager> Find "iCUE 32bit"> open file location> navigate to "iCUE Launcher"> open "iCUE Launcher"

I believe some of us were trying to open it via the application iCUE, instead of the iCUE Launcher.

Hope this helped and have a nice day!

• 3 months later...
I am having issues launching iCUE. I have installed both version 3 and 4, did clean install on it deleted all corsair files and tried reinstalling to no avail. I currently have version 3 installed and when I lick to open it shows corsair running in task manager but NOT icue. iCUE pops up for a second and goes away in task manager

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I don't know what this version is or how to fix it, but my Corsair Void RGB Pro® needs this program to function, and when I click on the button, it comes on, lingers for a few seconds, and then CLOSES OUT COMPLETELY!!! NOT EVEN TASK MANAGER CAN FIND IT!!!!!

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, AspieSpark said:

Yeah, I don't know what this version is or how to fix it, but my Corsair Void RGB Pro® needs this program to function, and when I click on the button, it comes on, lingers for a few seconds, and then CLOSES OUT COMPLETELY!!! NOT EVEN TASK MANAGER CAN FIND IT!!!!!

I would recommend that you refer to the below support article to resolve your issue.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360062501251-What-to-do-if-iCUE-4-crashes-on-startup

• 8 months later...

Just had the same issue. On a fresh install of Windows 10 N LTSC 21H2.

Installed iCUESetup_4.24.193_release and the program and all supporting services started. 

The iCUE icon was shown in the notification area, and clicking it, then clicking 'Bring iCUE to Fireground" didn't do anything. Tried everything mentioned in this thread, rebooting, reinstalling, using task manager to kill the process and restart it etc.

I remembered that some applications require the Media Feature Pack which is not included by default in N LTSC so I installed that and iCUE started working as expected.

The instructions for installing it are here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/media-feature-pack-for-windows-n-8622b390-4ce6-43c9-9b42-549e5328e407

On 9/25/2019 at 7:20 PM, cars10 said:

i'm having this problem too.

it's because the software crashed again. if you can't click the icon in the taskbar and it wont show up but is running, then its cuz this buggy excuse for software has once again hit the wall.

seems 3.20 is pretty bad, wasn't having the troubles with 3.18 (avoid 3.19 at all costs, the worst offender of them all).

to fix it (temporarily) you have to kill icue in Task manager and then restart the corsair service

Edited by nichlibou
wrong quote

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I updated to ver: 4.33.138 and my problem started. The ICUE window opens the 5 seconds later closes, any interaction with the window open and the window closes.

I have now reinstalled ver: 4.29.203 which always worked for me ....UNTIL NOW ..I now have the same problem yet again.

I have tried the solutions put-up by others on here as well as Corsair's answers but to no avail.

I tried installing / uninstalling/ reinstalling different versions of ICUE and have gotten nowhere.

It doesn't work for me so i am therefore but sadly, saying goodbye to Corsair's  icue software.

Time to uninstall and forget.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found that the drivers for the GPU can cause a hang up in the system, iCUE will recognize all active and inactive, I had this happen where the drivers for my old Nvidia GPU were still in the system files even though I am using a AMD GPU now. I used the Display driver uninstaller from here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-DDU- in windows safe mode to get rid of all remaining Nvidia software from my pc and iCue started working perfectly fine on the latest version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...