Corsair Community

bad memory stick how can u tell?

had to reinstall my operating system windows x/p pro , my tech said he got a lot of error mesages and would not load properly. He pulled out the memory sticks one at a time,when he did that the installsion went well after he took out the corsair stick. Do u think i have a bad stick? :cool:

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) for all of the modules installed and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• 2 weeks later...
think i have a bad memory stick, can u plaese help me troubleshoot ,r what do i need to do to find out if this is the problem, my computer reboots right in the middle of whatever i'm doing , i get weird error messages ect , ect.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) for all of the modules installed and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Please answer his questions.

Archived