Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

Wish I saw this earlier. I had the M65 Pro RGB, ran into clicking issues with the middle mouse button. Would register as double clicks.

They wouldn't let me warranty it, just because I bought it from a 3rd party (brand new on ebay). but whatever.

I buy the M65 RGB Elite 2 months ago to replace that.

Not even 2 months in, it's already have left click issues.

Not even going to bother trying to RMA this (bought it from a big box store, so shouldn't have issues). Paying a premium for a mouse and this is the kind of stuff we get? And to see these kind of problems go on for this long?

no thanks, turned me off Corsair products for good. Mice isn't rocket science. a $5 mouse lasts longer than this, wtf.

• 4 weeks later...

Very dissatisfied M65 Pro Elite Mouse owner. Same issue started 3 days ago (20th April, 2021) The mouse is only 6months old. Replaced a Steel Series with 5years use. Basically the M65 RGB Elite has cost me £10 per month.

Shame on Corsair for continuing to sell the M65 RGB Elite when it's quite obvious there is a problem. The left click is so important, my mouse will have to be replace.

Replacement mouse arrived today and working great.

I really hope it doesn't happen again, but having read other peoples experience, it most likely will.

So not even 3 months since the last replacement and a right-clicking issue has started.

Unacceptable.

• 3 weeks later...

My left click started having issues where it doesn't register unless I press down hard like the OP mentioned on my 2 year old M65 Pro RGB. I actually soldered new switches with CHERRY Mouse Micro Switch DG2 T85, but the problem is still there. So I am thinking the problem is not with the switches. It's weird because it works perfectly fine when it's working and the issue is very random, like out of nowhere it stops registering the click unless I push down harder. I also had issues with the right click where when I am holding it down during a game like to zoom in weapon scope, it'll keep zooming in and out of the weapon on any FPS game I play. However, this issue was solved by replacing the switches.

Edit: My click issue started after 1 year of use which I ended up buying G502 Hero SE. My son needed a mouse so I had to give him the G502 which is why I tried to fix the M65 Pro RGB. Now I am using my old 2012 Razer Mamba that I had for almost 9 years and it's still working solid without any issues. I will probably buy another corsair mouse since my entire PC parts are mostly Corsair and uses ICUE. Does anyone have any recommendation? I am not going to get another M65 as this issue seems to be very common.

Edit2: I was able to fix the left click issue by reseating the top shell and screwing down the two screws really tight. Everything seems to be working good now!

Edited by kienen

• 4 weeks later...

I followed this tutorial on youtube and it's sorted (for now anyway).

Tutorial isn't for the elite, but it's pretty much the same.

Recommend it for people who are happy to take things apart but don't want to risk trying to solder new switches in. I just took the cover off the microswitch and little specs of metal actually fell out!? Guess they're what were messing up the connection. I didn't take the switch to bits like the guy in the video did, I just took the cover off it and there is room to get a small strip of fine wet and dry between the 2 parts of the switch and give each a rub without going to that trouble.

Worth a go if you've nothing to lose anyway.

What an absolute legend! I've been plagued with this issue for months, getting considerably worse over the last two weeks. Not wanting to RMA, I gave this a go on my 5 month old M65 Elite, but without the sandpaper.

VOILA! Mouse back to working order again :) thank you so much for posting this! If it happens again, I'll be buying a new mouse, and steadily changing out my peripherals for another brand, as over the years I have seen Corsair are charging more for their products whilst using cheaper parts. This being the best example.

For now, my mouse is working, and I'm happy again :)

• 3 weeks later...

for the tech savvy, a little explanation on why it's becoming so common to have failing switches on mice, Corsair and other brands (they all work the same way with the same hardware anyway).

Long video, get a drink, it's interesting :)

[ame]

[/ame]

The sandpaper trick may work for a time but.. probably not for long.

If you take apart the mouse, out of warranty anyway, you may as well replace the switches.

The video explains very well what to look for in a datasheet, and why the "Japanese Omron" are better (and no, it's not because of the place of manufacturing :p)

• 3 weeks later...

hello i bought this m65 elite white at january, at may i had this left click issue at end of march

ofcourse i claimed the warranty but then this also happened again at july

its really annoying when im playing some games and my left click not registering, i have to push it harder now but even i push it harder its still sometimes released when im still holding the left click

Hello i just bought this mouse at january, and at end of march the left click sometimes working sometimes not, it will do some double click when i hold it / just press it once

also i got a new replacement, but yes its not working again at july, something is wrong with this m65

I loved the M65 for the feel and the sniper button. My last M65 lasted 6 months before developing the left click problems.

The solution is simple, there are a few mice out there with the sniper button (sensitivity clutch) and high quality buttons for roughly the same price. I'm happy with my replacement so far and happy to say no more Corsair mice for me!

lets hope it works better 🙂

Lots of mice use the same omron series of switch and will develop the same problem over time. Luck of the draw.

My corsair Nightsword started having clicking issues after a few months, my G502 after 4 years.. yet they have the exact same switch.

In the end the only good solution is soldering better switches

My 3rd M65 Elite just failed the left click, second one I've paid for,
They tend to last about 6 months, this is getting crazy

I have a M65 non elite that I keep having to go back too that I've had forever
Does anyone know if they've fixed this click problem yet, 
Can they not go back to the other switch that worked in the M65, 

so frustrating, I have some serious cable management I have to open up every time I RMA

• 1 month later...

Sadly I have to join this thread as well. My m65 left button failed after less than two months of usage which is a shame as I like the design very much but as this seems to be a design flaw I am definitely not taking this model again as I am not gonna send back multiple products just for it to fail again.

It would be nice if this issue would be solved finally as this seems to have started more than 3 years ago already.

I have had my m65 elite for about 4-5 months and my right click is going i now have to press it firmly for it to register but when i first got it, it registered with the faintest of touch's  

as long as they will use the same switches, the problem will keep coming back.

They actually released the M65 Ultra with optical switches. so if you want to stick with corsair, there you go. no more contact failures on the main buttons.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same problem. I contacted the support and they replaced and like the others, after 1 month the new one is failing too.

It seems like its related to a lag between the mouse and the OS.

I'm just testing in windows paint clicking and seeing if dot is printed.
If I click fast, sometimes the dot is not printed. And I noticed that when doing long click, sometimes there is a delay between the hardware click and the dot being printed, like 500ms. And I assume that when doing fast clicks, this delay is just cancelling the click.

What shall we do now ? We keep replacing the mouse every few months ? 
Does corsair is even interested in our customers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly the same as happened to me after just 5 months, the left mouse button isn't registering when i click it or it is double clicking, i have had to get a new mouse what i was not planning to do after purchasing a new mouse 5 months previous. There is a major problem with these mice and its looking like the problem is still there on the new m65 ultra, to be honest i think its shocking after so many complaints from the m65 elite.  

• 2 weeks later...

with iCUE running, try to lower the mouse polling rate to the minimum, and see if it "solves" the issue.

When switches deteriorate, it helps for a time. That should be what closing iCUE does i presume, by losing its fast pollrate.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue here...my M65 RGB Elite is only 10 months old and my left click on the mouse is having issues. I have to press really firmly on the left click to get it to register.....

With my old ones from R...... I had no problems of this kind for years.... really sad about this!

Id give up and buy a different brand. I went through three of these in one year, my partner had to go through two. They all have this fault.