Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

So I originally had this problem on a mouse that was only a few months old. I had a replacement at the end of June and the same thing has started to happen again 6 months later. I'm having my second replacement sent to me, so this will be my third mouse!

If this one fails I'll be looking for another alternative.

So this has been a known problem for almost two years? And, it's this pervasive?

If these weren't Omron switches I'd say the defective part was obvious, but why would the most lauded switch in the mouse business develop this issue only on this particular product?

Regardless, it's obvious I'll need to look elsewhere for a solution... or a replacement.

My mouse was purchased Nov. 21 2020. I have the left click issue so many others have. I have yet to find a search on here, google, reddit etc that has a fix even after RMA replacements.

This is how/why we have class action lawsuits. They continue to sell a defunct product after more than a year of reports of the same issue.

I had issues w/ mouse switches in another brand mouse. After buying several over the course of a few years I decided to switch brands. I did not see all this information about not working, replacements failing, no fix for issue.

I can still return my product to amazon if I have the original packaging. At this point I believe I tossed it, but we will see. It's clear to me I would only be happy with a full refund. I dont want an RMA to send my mouse off for 2 weeks, only to get another that will fail in 1-6 months like all these other posts.

STOP SELLING THIS MOUSE - You know its broke.

I would encourage everyone to post on major retailer sites with their issues, so other poor gamers don't fall into this trap.

Angry gamer - no mouse for holiday season. If this was brand new, and needed a fix I could understand. They have been selling broken mice on purpose for over a year now, for their own greedy profits.

My mouse was purchased Nov. 21 2020. I have the left click issue so many others have. I have yet to find a search on here, google, reddit etc that has a fix even after RMA replacements.

This is how/why we have class action lawsuits. They continue to sell a defunct product after more than a year of reports of the same issue.

I had issues w/ mouse switches in another brand mouse. After buying several over the course of a few years I decided to switch brands. I did not see all this information about not working, replacements failing, no fix for issue.

I can still return my product to amazon if I have the original packaging. At this point I believe I tossed it, but we will see. It's clear to me I would only be happy with a full refund. I dont want an RMA to send my mouse off for 2 weeks, only to get another that will fail in 1-6 months like all these other posts.

STOP SELLING THIS MOUSE - You know its broke.

I would encourage everyone to post on major retailer sites with their issues, so other poor gamers don't fall into this trap.

Angry gamer - no mouse for holiday season. If this was brand new, and needed a fix I could understand. They have been selling broken mice on purpose for over a year now, for their own greedy profits.

Agree 1000%

7/1 - purchased mouse

10/27 - double click appears, start rma

11/8 - receive replacement

12/5 - mouse usb error, rma

As of now still waiting for my replacement to arrive.

Like damn man 3 mouses in less than 6 months lol

Hey all,

This has also started happening to me with the mouse almost 6 months old. Not sure if I should even go down the route of getting a replacement as it seems like everyone else is having similar issues.

My old Corsair mouse I had for years until the scroll wheel broke through wear and tear. It seemed like a great upgrade to just get the Pro version instead.

What would you guys recommend? At this moment in time I'm just looking at maybe looking at other devices.

Update as promised: I got the D2F-01F switches in first so I used them. They felt even more "clicky" than the D2FC-F-7N switches in the older M65 PRO. I got lazy so instead of making a video I'll put a short guide here.

Corsair M65 ELITE Microswitch Replacement Guide

Step 1: Remove the two screws located on the bottom of the mouse. (Screws are Phillips head on M65 ELITE, may be torx on older M65 PRO)

https://imgur.com/kXF5mIu

Step 2: Gently push down on both sides of the top plastic cover in the negative Y direction. The cover should be able to be bent backward slightly. Be careful not to pull on the ribbon cable that connects the DPI switch PCB to the main PCB.

https://imgur.com/t8KaRs5

Step 3: Unplug the DPI switch ribbon cable from the connector on the main PCB and set top cover aside.

https://imgur.com/wPNJsX3

https://imgur.com/PBGdvUj

Step 4: Remove the three screws holding the main PCB to the shell. Remove the main PCB.

https://imgur.com/wPMdRLz

Step 5: Desolder the microswitch(es). Careful not to damage any of the PCB components, or overheat the board. Patience is key. Clean up the solder around the holes to allow the new switch to be installed. A desoldering braid is extremely helpful.

https://imgur.com/PKNLrjf

https://imgur.com/SBxvinR

Step 6: Install the new switch. Take care to ensure the switch is fully seated as shown in the second picture below.

https://imgur.com/CQlz2k9

https://imgur.com/pE8nJmW

Step 7: Solder the new switch(es) in place. (excuse my poor soldering job :p:)

https://imgur.com/gE3xsQr

Step 8: Reinstall the components in reverse order. Ensure the two connectors and ribbon cable are reinstalled correctly. Note, the top cover can be tricky to get back on in place. The logo LED diffuser can be difficult to get back into position. Do not force it. Once you have it in the right place, it will snap together with minimal force.

https://imgur.com/LC1BEIS

Step 9: ??? Profit ??? Enjoy your new and improved M65!

https://imgur.com/27fMpsx

Thank you very much SteemSucker! These steps were incredibly helpful in getting my switches replaced without a fuss. Another M65 Elite saved from the bin. :biggrin:

I did purchase a heated solder remover which helped a lot to avoid overheating the board during removal. https://www.amazon.co.uk/DESOLDER-SUCKER-D01849-DURATOOL-Duratoolduratool/dp/B01N2H1CLS/

Even with the solder removed, the original switches dont let go without lots of gentle wiggling so I guess this is how some people are causing damage especially with heat there the whole time. For soldering in the new swtiches, I also used some multicore 60/40 tin/lead solder as opposed to the lead free stuff you see everywhere and its a lot easier to work with. Just a couple of extra pointers for any further DIY fixers. This thread is quite prominent on the googles now for anyone looking up left click issues with this mouse. :sunglasse

I RMAd my first m65 due to the left click issue. The replacement corsair sent in aug started to fail in December. The mouse seems to be only good for a few months before it starts to break. Corsair seems to be lowering their standards or I've just had 2 bad mice back to back.

was away for work 3 out of the 6 months so technically after 3 months the mouse started to fail.

So you can chalk up another bad mouse. At least my 65 elite lasted a year and a half. Apparently I can still get a replacement due to the 2 year warranty. But really, what's the point after reading this thread. Every ones mouse fails within months, sometimes days of getting the replacement. Can you get a full refund instead from corsair? I've had 10 dollar mice last for decades! This was the first "expensive" mouse I ever bought.

Any respectable company that sells a defective product fixes the problem, issues a recall and replaces the faulty product for free. The last time a corsair representative even acknowledged this thread was back about when I bought my mouse. Nothing for a year and a half?! There are people on this thread that have had upwards of 5 replacements all fail the same way. How do you ignore the fact that your product is faulty under the guise of; we'll simply give you another faulty one, after you pay for shipping of course. This is so despicable.

Someone posted a page or 2 ago about a class action lawsuit. Is that possible? If so sign me up!

Amazon is now getting my review of this product today. Try to guess the stars.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Confused 1

I have eight mice replaced. They do not last more than 3 months. It is true that Corsair exchanges them without problems and at no cost, but they should have had a revision. It is the only mouse that fits the size of my hand (large) and the type of grip (1-3-1) and I have been unlucky that it has a factory defect.

Corsair has had almost two years of complaints now to fix their issue and make things right with their customer base. Yet they have failed to act. It’s time the consumer holds them accountable.

Here is a link to the BBB. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Report them as you would any other company that provides a faulty service or product. The more reports the better.

Below is their corporate HQ address and phone number. Mailing a complaint to their CEO might work but it may also be better to call their corporate office. I would ask for their COO or equivalent. Also try recording the conversation if you can. It may be useful for legal action. Remember if you do, to ask everyone you speak with for permission to record the conversation.

47100 Bayside PARKWAY Freemont, CA 94538

P# 1 - 510 - 657 - 8747

Also, if you feel so inclined. Give your local legislators a call and find out what they can do about a company openly selling a faulty product. Maybe they can get it on the news.

Nothing is more important for a company than its reputation. Yet, like a cheap knock off. Corsair has chosen to take profits over product and steal from its customers under the guise of a reputable name. These sorts of actions should not be tolerated by the consumer base and we should protect new consumers from being swindled by this now undoubtedly dubious company.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Same issue with the left mouse button: not registering some clicks and recently started to do sometimes double clicks when doing one time clicks.

Using this mouse since the June 2020. Started to experience this issue in January 2021.

Really disappointed with the fact that such cases keep massively happening. Didn’t expect that from Corsair.

How is it possible for a premium gaming mouse to have such problems at all on a regular occasion?

I really like this mouse, its design and the comfort of use. But this issue just ruins it all.

Shame on you, Corsair, for keeping ignoring this issue.

Edited by informatik01

Currently RMAing mine after just 3 months.

It's a slow process..

I don't get replies for days/weeks at a time.

The last message I had was to soft reset it. Which actually made it worse as now I don't just get missing clicks, I get unwanted double clicks.

Edited by jasonorme666

• 2 weeks later...
Wow... I just received my refurbished mouse like 2 days ago and its already having issues this time with the right mouse button instead of the left... I might have to just trash my corsair mouse and go with a logitech or another more reliable mouse... I like corsair products but the M65 Elite is really crappy with longevity.. I really like the mouse but with all the issues and now my 3rd mouse having issues right after I receive a refurbed one, I am not happy at all...

• 2 weeks later...

1st one was march 2020 then May then July and finally just got amazon to replace it again, if it weren't for the free replacements id be looking harder for another mouse, but as someone said this fits my weird way of holding it, its comfy, having to resort back to my spare which is the older model and the R/L buttons do feel like they have stronger switches in them, just such a shame corsair cant even be bothered to just go back to the older switches,

i'd also take alternative replacement recommendations at this point

So I'm having a M65 RGB ELITE and started to have this "random double click" story earlier today. To be honest, this bugs the hxxx out of me while I was working...Upon reading the threads and tired bunch of things, I believe there is nothing I can do but RMA.. Just want to confirm this is sadly right....

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO Corsair should just stop putting these awful Chinese switches in their Premium Mouse's, at least we pay premium.

I replaced the switches of 3 mice until now with Japanese ones and they still work flawlessly after several months. Which i cannot say from the Factory ones.

I replaced them because either there was no warranty left or it was too much of a hassle to RMA it only to get another lousy mouse.

Corsair, get your act together and give us Decent Mouse Switches.

We are certainly paying for them.

I am completely disappointed in Corsair now for knowingly selling the M65 RGB ELITE with short life left switch. Like most of you, mine started to fail in registering clicks a few weeks ago and the problem is getting worse...an otherwise perfectly good mouse now practically useless. Corsair if you still read your users' inputs and actually care, you are really horrible for doing this, putting out a product that you should know by now has issues.