Corsair Community

Twin1024-3200c2pt Dual Channel Problem

I have been experiencing some problems with my computer such as random reboots, graphics corruption, games crashing (with a blue screen, no text, and a high pitched screeching), and the inability to run any program that takes time to run, i.e. virus scan, memtest. ......... I then tested the sticks in a MSI K7n2-Delta and again, while trying to run in dual channel, with the suggested AMD timings that I have seen here posted by Ram Guy, Cas at 2.5, the board failed to load the OS, leaving me with a blinking cursor in the top left hand corner of my screen.

Same symptoms as above. No screeching no blue screeen though.

I just received my memory (TWINX1024-3200C2PT DDR400 XMS3200 Dual Channnel) and am having the same probelms as above on an MSI NEO4 Platnium when trying to use dual channel mode. On Single channel works fine at 200 2.5-3-3-6. Does anyone know of a setting I m missing other than the standard 2.5-3-3-6. I have tried 2.6 and 2.75 voltage with no luck. We put the system together last night and finally got XP loaded only after changing the memory to single channel mode by using slot 1 & 3 on the MB. Ram Guy if you would let me know if you think this is a module problem. I also tried cas 3 no luck failed memtest 8.

Thanks

Joe

PS the Bios, nforce chipset, etc.. are all updated to latest releases.

MSI NEO4 PLATNIUM

MSI 6600GT VIDEO PCI-E

2 X 512 TWIN 1024-3200C2PT DDR 400

SATA 36GIG WD

THERMALTAKE TSUNAMI DREAM 400 WATT PURE POWER THERMALTAKE PSU

WINDOWS XPSP2

• Corsair Employee
Please check with MSI and make sure the PSU you have is compatible, and I would suggest testing the modules in another system if you can to be sure one of the modules is not failing. Also can bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• 4 weeks later...

Had corair send me new dimms of same type works great no problems. One question though should I run 1t or 2t on the timing I was told by one tech support guy that 1t was the prefered setting. Also should I adjust any other setting besides the normal 2.5 3 3 6.

Thanks

Joe

Archived