Corsair Community

H115i Platinum Out of Box Damage!

ShaneM

Hey all.

This is my FIRST AIO Cooler by CORSAIR.

It arrived bent and damaged. The bent fins I can live with but the water channels appear to be also damaged. The box was fine, so the damage was either from the pump unit rubbing on it in the box or happened during manufacture process.

How bad is this, should I return it to my vendor?? Sucks to have a build sitting without it until this is sorted out!

55575830_2002529626541812_3678173540906958848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.fna&oh=c7b82dbac55342654877ee022f216f2f&oe=5D47E66B

55451750_2002528876541887_3557615359391432704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.fna&oh=cc6fe3a31db8e0d1a6e96e5aff88a2bf&oe=5D0C9B53

It's not uncommon to have a few bent fins and it has no measurable impact on performance. However, if this was a new radiator, I am not sure it should have made it off the line and into a box. On the other hand, the screw holes look like they have already seen some action. So if that wasn't you, then this may have belonged to someone else before. Either way, I would send it back. That is not what a new product looks like.

The issue is the packaging. First of all, the head unit had the intel bracket pre installed, as it rocked back and forth during shipments, it hit the rad. The bent fins are one thing okay, but when the water channel has a sharp dent in it than there is a potential issue for flow disruption and weakened area. Corsair really needs to look at how this thing is in the box. I have sent it back to place of purchase and await resolution.

It's pretty common to have the Intel bracket pre-installed, but there is no way the cold plate or the bracket can come into heavy contact with the radiator when put in the box.

You can take a look at this or any of the other unboxing videos out there to see if something was different. However, there are some indications you may not have been the original owner of this product and what I see is usually indicative of a bungled install process. If it came out of the box like that, then it seems like someone else had a really hard time it and returned it. You got stuck with it. It's hardly definitive, but it is difficult to imagine the product above making off the line in that condition and not getting flagged. The screw hole wear is the real tell. Nobody is testing screw holes at the factory.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Hi Shane,

+1 to everything c-attack has said here.

I have just unpacked my new H100i RGB Platinum and can say that the radiator is in absolutely pristine condition - no sign of any bent fins anywhere, or previously used screw holes.

Also, with the shape of the cardboard container packaging it is in, I would think its impossible for the cooler block to contact the radiator.

It really does look like you've been sent somebody else's cast-offs so I'd be RMA'ing that puppy quick smart.

The vendor is sending me a new unit. But I would disagree that it was used previously as the box was still wrapped in the heat shrunk plastic.

I would also disagree that theres no way for it to move in the box to hit the rad, I have a video showing it being able to move and the bracket hit the rad in the very spot it had the most damage. Also the plastic sleeve over the rad had very clear chaffing marks from this. What is done is done, and when the new unit arrives, I’ll be sure to do my own unboxing video incase I receive another damaged unit.

I would also disagree that theres no way for it to move in the box to hit the rad,

OK, Potentially your packaging may be different to mine. Here's how mine arrived. [image url not working, but attempting to show cooling block and radiator in separate compartments of the cardboard try and both secure with no room for movement] I can't see how my block could have contacted the radiator packed like this.

Archived