Corsair Community

Motherboard not listed. Will this work?

husker

I recently got a new Chaintech Model "VNF4/Ultra" along with an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU and (2)Corsair Value Select RAM (VS512MB400) sticks.

I notice that when I tried the compatibility thing, the VNF4 Ultra MOBO wasn't even an option. Does this mean that my memory won't work when I try to put this all together this weekend?

Hopefully the list just hasn't been updated or something. It would be a shame to have purchased this memory and not have it be compatible with my MOBO.

• 1 month later...

The chaintech board (VNF4/Ultra) is listed as supporting dual channel memory, is that just another name for standard DDR or is that DDR2? Or something in between?

I'm buying that mobo but already bought 2 packs of the VS1GBKIT400 memory and it is listed as DDR and doesn't say anything about 'dual channel'.

• Corsair Employee
This MB will not use DDR2, and there is no such thing as Dual channel memory. Dual channel is a function of the of the chipset and or memory controller, you would only need to use 2 modules that are matched installed in the correct slots to enable dual channel assuming your MB supports it. In addition, if you install 2 set of VS1GBKit400 or 4 modules in this MB it will by default set the memory Frequency to DDR333.

Archived