Corsair Community

Question about FAN Models of Corsair

PhoenixEX

Hello, there,

following:

I will soon buy the Corsair 570X case and the H150i PRO water cooler.

The way I understood it:

570X case = 3x SP 120 RGB fan

H1550i Pro = 3x ML 120RGB Fan

Ask yourselves:

1) do the fans look the same from the lighting?

2) which is the better model? or is there even another better RGB fan model?

Important for me is that the fans cool well and are quiet at the same time.

Thank you

The H150i Pro does not come with RGB fans - they are ML fans but without the RGB effects.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature for details on the different fans. The SP-RGB fans are the "plainest" of the lot - only a single color available.

Why they call it then RGB????

But thx for this important information.

There is an RGB ring around the pump head and that is controllable through the software. The fans that come with the H150i are identical to the ML120-RGB, but come in Corsair grey. At $100 for a 3 pack of ML120-RGB, you can see why they might not throw that into the price. There are numerous other fans that can be used.

OK thx for the important information

But i got a second question now

i think i will buy me the ll120 rgb fans wan will replace this with the fans of the h150i pro.

but if i deactivate the outside led of the ll120fan (i mean the ring led's), does the fan look like the sp120 fan model then?

Yes, in some ways it would look like the SP-RGB or the ML-RGB, both of which are center lit RGB fans. From a control standpoint, the key difference is the SP-RGB are 3 pin DC and thus won't work on the H150i internal fan controllers, whereas the LL are PWM and will work.

One of the more common arrangements people do is move the SP-RGB fans from the front to the top/rear and pick up another fan type (ML/HD/LL) for the front. This physically works, but be aware the SP-RGB on the top will not hook into the software side of the equation without an additional RGB lighting hub and the short term solution is the case thumb remote for the SP and software control (iCUE) for the LL. Each different fan type requires its own RGB Lighting Hub (lighting power via SATA), so when you combine any two types of fans, you will need to different lighting hubs.

I typically use the largest that will fit and I prefer 140mm fans to 120. However, from a wiring standpoint it does not matter. You can hook LL120 and LL140 fans in any order, on the same controller -- as long as they are all LL. You may also want to take a look at some internet photos or other people's arrangements in the 570x. Sometimes there is visual aspect to 140 vs 120. From a physical standpoint, you won't need the higher flow volume from the 140mm on the top, so again it is really just preference.

Archived