Corsair Community

is it my memory bad?

NismoSkylineGTR

i just got my new computer parts i put everything toghter, but during windows xp installation i get a blue screeen warning says

if this is the first time you seen this msg please try to restart your computer

or contact yoru hardware manufacture

and at the top this erro msg

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

and in the msg also says may want to disable bios memory cache or shadow

at the bottom of the msg says acpi.sys address f781775, base at f7816000 date stame 3d6dd69f something like this

i've tried lots of times to install it it kept getting this

is it the memory not compatible with my MB

MB = asus p4c800-e deluxe

memory = corsair twinx1024-3200xlpro

becasue i used some memory testing utility i kept getting failed msg on adress ,burst, and sometimes jumps and some other stuff i can't remember the name also failed

hm, sounds like a driver to me.

look here:

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=308429

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources/

http://www.microsoft.com/hcl%C2%A0%C2%A0If

"Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Interpreting the Message

This Stop message has four parameters:

Memory referenced.

IRQL at time of reference.

Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).

Address that referenced memory.

Resolving the Problem

For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

For more information about Stop 0xD1 messages. Search using keywords winnt, 0x000000D1, and 0xD1."

i read the sites you listed, but it seems like they didnt' mention it anything about this msg happens during new windowx xp installation

i tired using 1 stick or 2 sticks to install it both times i get error msgs

could 2 dvd rom does this? one is dvd rom reader one is dvd rom writer

and when i use memtest86 v3.2 i get no error msg when i use 1 stick at a time, but when i put 2 sticks in it gets error msg in an instant also when i use 1 stick it shows the cpu fsb at 199

i read the sites you listed, but it seems like they didnt' mention it anything about this msg happens during new windowx xp installation

i tired using 1 stick or 2 sticks to install it both times i get error msgs

could 2 dvd rom does this? one is dvd rom reader one is dvd rom writer

and when i use memtest86 v3.2 i get no error msg when i use 1 stick at a time, but when i put 2 sticks in it gets error msg in an instant also when i use 1 stick it shows the cpu fsb at 199

it doesnt matter if its during a new install or not, its the same thing. It would help if you gave a detailed spec of your system.

it doesnt matter if its during a new install or not, its the same thing. It would help if you gave a detailed spec of your system.

asus p4c800-e deluxe 1.09 bios came with the board/w intel 3.2 p4 with 1 mb cache

ati all in wonder x800 xt 256 mb agp

sound blaster aduigy 2 zs

2 WD SATA rapotr 10k rpm HDD

500 watt power supply came with asipre x naivagtor

cosair twinx1024-3200xlpro

asus dvd rom dvd e616p2s

nec nd3520a dvd burner

You would need to use bios version 1.016 or newer with that CPU. I would suggest you contact ASUS about updating the bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and test the modules with http://www.memtest.org with Legacy USB disabled.

i mention above i have the 1.09 bios

i have the problem sloved when i called the customer suport to manualy set the settings

the auto setting just mess everything up

but now i have a minor problem

mem test is saying my memory is runing 199 mhz not 200

and my fsb is at 799 not 800

Actually, that's normal. Basically, the numbers aren't always exact and then there's something called "spread spectrum" which changes them a little again...

Running at 199 and 799 is fine, it'll probably fluctuate up to 201 and 802 or so sometimes as well.

If it's stable, then it's fine.

PLUR

CK

well the board came with 1.09 so not choice for me unless i want to downgrade it and i don't see why

so is there any other setting you guys can recommand? to make it read right?

any other software you guys can recommand for me to test the memory see if its working at max?

the led light on the memory always runnig at the red light even when i'm installing something

Archived