Corsair Community

Void Pro mic on/mic off issues.

Hi zelendel,

I apologize about your experience - have you already tried updating the iCUE software/headset firmware? Disabling voice prompts also seems to help some users. In the meantime, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com.

Yes I have tried all of this and even am in the process of doing an analysis the way the program works.

Turning off voice prompts stops the voice but the tones of it connecting and disconnecting the mic are still there. To the point that I was told to go buy a new headset or I was going to be fired.

I opened a ticket when this first happened and it was closed with no outcome. Didn't really leave me with great hope for them.

• Corsair Employee
Yes I have tried all of this and even am in the process of doing an analysis the way the program works.

Turning off voice prompts stops the voice but the tones of it connecting and disconnecting the mic are still there. To the point that I was told to go buy a new headset or I was going to be fired.

I opened a ticket when this first happened and it was closed with no outcome. Didn't really leave me with great hope for them.

Could you please message me your ticket #? Would like to look into this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, was there a solution to this at all?

I got a brand new Corsair VOID ELITE RGB Wireless Gaming Headset last week and it had this issue, I tried different USB ports, with and without the iCue software and had no luck at all so replaced for the same headset, it last a few more days before it just started on the new headset this afternoon. Is there a known fix for this issue otherwise I will go with a Steelseries instead or something.

• Corsair Employee
Hello, was there a solution to this at all?

I got a brand new Corsair VOID ELITE RGB Wireless Gaming Headset last week and it had this issue, I tried different USB ports, with and without the iCue software and had no luck at all so replaced for the same headset, it last a few more days before it just started on the new headset this afternoon. Is there a known fix for this issue otherwise I will go with a Steelseries instead or something.

What version of iCUE are you running?

• 5 months later...

After adjusting the settings, downloading the new software, moving the dongle, trying on different computers, PS4/PS5, I finally fixed the problem.  Just take a good sized hammer, cover it with a towel to avoid small shrapnel, then hit it several times till your frustrations are gone.  Afterwards order from a different brand.

• 2 weeks later...

This was not a problem for me for about 3 years of using a Void Pro. But I was noticing some crackling and audio distortions with "Mic Off" right after the distortion, when the mic was already in the up/off position. My headset was also no longer charging fully, so I ordered a new Void Edge. Out of the box it is having the Distortion with "Mic off" far more frequently than my Void Pro did.

I have updated the software and firmware. They show up to date as of today 10/12/2021. iCUe version 3.38.61