Corsair Community

HD120 RGB and LNP

Trick0502

I am, TBH, still hung up on the "SP Lighting Controller". You insist that they are HD Fans but you haven't cleared up the controller question. If the push-button controller that works says SP Lighting Controller then none of this will work at all. And that's, TBH, kind of a crazy typo as you don't play with all of these different things all the time. A picture of the controller or the back of one of the fans (with the part number) will absolutely clear this up.

that was a typo. all fans are hd120.

i will try this tonight.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was asking for the actual device that works. You are giving me a web URL. I want to see that actual, physical device that worked as I cannot check it myself.

Not an image that you pulled from the web site.

I do know what these look like. I have ... like ... three or four of them. I have the SP controllers too. They look nearly identical. Again, please show the actual, physical device that worked.

Controller. It works if I directly connect this to control the lights.

OK. Now this is why I wanted a picture. Look at what it says on the controller.

It says ... SP Lighting Controller

IF that works, then those are SP-RGB fans, NOT HD-RGB fans. They WILL NOT work at all if configured as HD, LL, ML or Strips. They WILL NOT work when connected to strips. They are COMPLETELY different and use a different protocol.

How many pins are on the power connection?

so i figured it out (with your help).

you were right, they are sp's, but, changing them to sp did nothing. the only way i could get them to light is if i set the lnp to sp, disconnect power and the usb, reconnect power and usb. changing the lnp to sp's while theyre connected does nothing. it has to be already set on sp when they come up.

so i figured it out (with your help).

you were right, they are sp's, but, changing them to sp did nothing. the only way i could get them to light is if i set the lnp to sp, disconnect power and the usb, reconnect power and usb. changing the lnp to sp's while theyre connected does nothing. it has to be already set on sp when they come up.

Yup. That may be a bug but the SP-RGB are, as I said, completely different so it's not really surprising that you need to reset the NoPro's MCU.

Glad that you are sorted.

Archived