Corsair Community

Compatibilty of XP2700+ 333FSB vs Corsair 2x512mb 400mhz

mrplow

*****Memory NOOB warning *****

I'm running an Athlon 2700+ XP (333FSB) on an Abit NF7-S2 motherboard

Just about to buy:

Matched pair of Corsair Value Select (2 x 512MB) PC3200 - 400Mhz

I want to be able to use these in the dual channel sockets although I'm concerned that the motherboard says it's a DDR400 dual channel board, memory is 400 and the CPU is running at 333.

Will I be able to run OK? If so what are the best BIOS settings for my memory?

Any help appreciated.

I have ABIT KV-7 MoBo (VIA chipset ver of NF-7). I also have xp2700+ CPU. If you haven't bought mem yet, check newegg, they have Corsair Value Select 1-gig kits for $129 (VS1GBKIT400). This kit contains 2x512MB 400MHz matched set for dual channel MoBo's like yours.

I just bought this kit for my board. While the CPU itself is limited to 333MHz FSB, the mem will run at 400MHz FSB. If your CPU is unlocked (mine is) you can OC it much easier because you won't have to worry about mem timings like you would with PC-2700 (333MHz) memory.

On my MoBo I goto Advanced Chipset Features -> DRAM Clock/Drive Control -and change from SPD to 200MHz. That's all there is to it :D:

Once you've done that, it's just a matter of trying different timings until you find the combo the yields the best performance for your setup. Be sure to run memtest86 to make sure your settings are stable. Enjoy :): :):

Archived