Corsair Community

MSI K8N Diamond nForce4 SLi & Corsair Twinx1024-3200XLPT

coneypark

Hi All,

I have a MSI K8N Diamond nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester 90nm (Socket 939).

I purchased the Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPT pack for this system but when it is installed in banks 1 (Green) & 2 (Purple) and I am running World of Warcraft that the game crashes and sometimes windows shows a blue screen.

With this memoery out the system runs fine.

Now the motherboard is set to Auto for all memory timmings but when it is set to Auto it does not show you what the actual settings are.

The machine is not overclocked and memory passed memcheck test.

Can you tell me what I should have all the memory settings set at along with voltage.

Thanks

John

Please with just these modules installed load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem.

:( I have to correct myself it is still crashing but less often than before. It crashes at 20 - 30 minute in game but using memtest86 I get 40+ passes with no error what so ever.

My pc setting are as follow.

Windows XP SP2

TWINX1024-3200XLPT dual channel mode.

MSI K8N SLI Diamond

Inno 6800GT

160GB Maxtor

AMD64 3500+

Current settings for the ram are 2 2 2 5

I have disabled all overclocking features so it is not even overclocking that is causing the problem. Setting the ram to 2.5 3 3 6 the machine run rock stable.

I have tried setting to 2.8v but it still crashes in windows. The game I am playing is HL2 also crashes 3dmark 03.

Try 2-3-2-5

Yes I have read this somewhere for the fx chip. This is working but my overall memory bandwidth has dropped to about 4900+. Whereas when in 2 2 2 5 the bandwidth is 5900+. Oh well for now I use 2 3 2 5 but overclock the fsb to 206, this is still stable and giving 5800+.

Good luck anyone using it.

Please with just these modules installed load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem.

Hi

I tried this with same result as above and Prime 95 crashed out on second 2 with error so I followed these instructions you posted on another thread:_

Please install the modules in slots 1-2 and then load setup defaults in the bios setup and set these settings manually and test the modules one at a time.

Dim Voltage to +2.8 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 5

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

ANd it looks like this has solved the problem of the game crashing and Prime 95 seems to be running ok.

Thanks for your help

Archived