Corsair Community

Future compability

DivineLight

Will there be support for Gskill RAM, ASUS motherboards and EVGA graphics cards in the future? I really hope there will be some unified RGB protocol. Its still impossible to sync all my devices because they need two different softwares.

Won't happen sadly. That would go against their interests.

I've though about it already and in the best case scenario, if someone came up with and API/protocols for all the RBG needs, I don't think companies like Corsair/NZXT... would adopt them because at the end of the day that would let customers just freely chose what they really want and not what they are forced too because they already own a commander pro, or a hue+.

Why? Maybe for the Gskill RAM, which is a shame, but Corsair doesn't build mainboards or graphics cards. Corsair is my preferred peripheral brand, case, fans, cooling.

I don't need much, one color suffices. It seems iCUE and ASUS Aura have problems. For example, Gskill can be controlled with ASUS Aura. I choose the Gskill because it looks better and got a discount on a 4266 kit (100 % B-Die). These usually cost over 300 in these times.

I wouldn't say iCue has problems, it is in open beta/early release. It is a lot better than some of the other "stable" releases of other tools. The only annoying bug with iCue is the changing of static colors to rainbow, which is really annoying lol. Other than that I love it! It has been a month since this bug was introduced, I am betting they will be releasing a fix sometime soon.

To be honest I am wondering if the Development is thinking to big about the MB RGB integration It is cool how I can press a key on my keyboard and see it wave out to the other RGB devices, though I think this will be too difficult and a logistical headache to include support for all the LEDs on the motherboard to match the effects. If they just use the SDK to allow for some basic control i.e. color matching. That would be great, then work up from there.

For me I love how I can set profiles in iCue to load, for different games. This way I can have themes that match the games I am playing. I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and I wrote a script that monitors the current games running and load RGB Fusion Profiles vi a CLI tool that someone wrote. When I launch notepad my LEDs go into a demo profile I setup for testing. When I start OverWatch my colors to go orangish, blue, and a blinking white. When I load Farcry5 my MB starts shouting USA, USA, USA! All of this is done automatically, so in a way I don't need iCue to do it. The only issue is I can't get more dynamic in the game. iCue changes the lights to match certain events in FarCry5, though my motherboard doesn't match it, it stays with the initial red, white and blue. Also doing wave effects from key press to system won't happen either.

Won't happen sadly. That would go against their interests.

I've though about it already and in the best case scenario, if someone came up with and API/protocols for all the RBG needs, I don't think companies like Corsair/NZXT... would adopt them because at the end of the day that would let customers just freely chose what they really want and not what they are forced too because they already own a commander pro, or a hue+.

Sadly, this is actually part of the reason why I bought Corsair LED strips and not NZXT, so that I could buy into the ecosystem and use one piece of software.

If Corsair made a better-looking set of RAM like GSkill, I'd buy them, too. Their current RGB RAM offerings are not that great.

Sadly, this is actually part of the reason why I bought Corsair LED strips and not NZXT, so that I could buy into the ecosystem and use one piece of software.

If Corsair made a better-looking set of RAM like G.Skilll, I'd buy them, too. Their current RGB RAM offerings are not that great.

Computex will be exciting!!

Why? Maybe for the G.Skilll RAM, which is a shame, but Corsair doesn't build mainboards or graphics cards. Corsair is my preferred peripheral brand, case, fans, cooling.

I don't need much, one color suffices. It seems iCUE and ASUS Aura have problems. For example, G.Skilll can be controlled with ASUS Aura. I choose the G.Skilll because it looks better and got a discount on a 4266 kit (100 % B-Die). These usually cost over 300 in these times.

They are interested in working with Mobo and GPU makers to integrate their hardware. But some manufacturers don't want to work with Corsair and others don't want to do the work that might be involved. Also, not all hardware has the same specs so it's really not that simple.

• Corsair Employee

We've demonstrated control of motherboard lighting before with our original "Sync It" concept that we showed off at COMPUTEX last year in partnership with MSI. It's something we'd like to do, but things become more complicated and agreements need to be in place when we're talking about someone else's product being brought into the iCUE ecosystem.

We really do appreciate the interest in this type of functionality and trust me, we want it too! :)

We've demonstrated control of motherboard lighting before with our original "Sync It" concept that we showed off at COMPUTEX last year in partnership with MSI. It's something we'd like to do, but things become more complicated and agreements need to be in place when we're talking about someone else's product being brought into the iCUE ecosystem.

We really do appreciate the interest in this type of functionality and trust me, we want it too! :)

There is SDK available from all the major manufacture's i.e. Gigabyte, Asus, and MSI. I even have my own github repo for RGB control of my motherboard lights and attached devices. https://github.com/windows2000bug/RGB-Fusion-Tool-PS

I created profiles in Gigabyte's RGB Fusion that matches profiles I made in iCUE. Both my script and iCue's profiles are linked to games/processes. When I launch FarCry5, my tool sees the process and launches the profile Farcry5.xml, which is Red, White, and Blue. I have made profiles for other games. My tool starts on boot and pulls in the XML profiles files from a specific location. If the name of a profile matches a running process, then it parses in the XML file data and sets the lighting. It wasn't that difficult, though I also collaborated with another developer who wrote a CLI tool from the SDK.

Looking over the SDK documentation and playing with it a bit I am starting to get a good idea on some of the limitations. This isn't like an Arduino where you can pull in different libraries to allow address individual LEDs and greater control of the lighting. The board is broken into different zones and the SDK is more limited than what I want. It gives us the options of some different modes, speeds, colors, and effects. I can set the colors of each zone, select some options, though I don't think there much of a method of controlling the LEDs similar to the way iCue does. We have even run into some possible race conditions, when we were trying to do much at once. If I could address the LEDs for my HD-120, I wouldn't have needed my Lighting Node Pro. Though as I was downloading iCue, I decided to buy a LNP as I thought Cue was the best RGB software, until iCue was released!

For basic lighting controls it should be easy. Though I can't see any way to do a ripple effect and make it flow well with the motherboard. The zones can vary and different boards are setup so differently, so I don't think it would look right. I can understand the want to have the motherboard lighting match up with different color waves or ripple effects, though I think it would be great to coordinate the motherboard lighting based off the most used color in a given profile. You guys could even add a line to allow for execution of a script w/ arguments to allow a tool like mine to go off iCue and not have to monitor processes. While the red white and blue look great on load of Farcry5, it stays that way, till I exit the game.

If there is anyway I can help let me know. Though if anyone has a Gigabyte motherboard and wants to sync up their iCue profiles w/ RGB Fusion profiles, based off their game they are playing, I have a solution for now.

Do you know of any scripts like that for ASUS Aura? I've been looking for a way to have my systems lighting change when launching certain games forever, with no avail. I was really hoping that iCUE would have this feature, hopefully it does in the future.

In the mean time, a script like the one you made would be great if one exists for ASUS motherboards.

Do you know of any scripts like that for ASUS Aura? I've been looking for a way to have my systems lighting change when launching certain games forever, with no avail. I was really hoping that iCUE would have this feature, hopefully it does in the future.

In the mean time, a script like the one you made would be great if one exists for ASUS motherboards.

There is RGB.NET: https://github.com/DarthAffe/RGB.NET

This is for Asus Aura, though I don't know to much about it as my only Asus items are my monitors. The other option is to swap motherboards :)

We really need more beta testers, for all I know I am the only person using it, even though I have mentioned it to more than a few people.

This is why I bought the RGB fans. They are insanely expensive but also quieter and not voltage dependant. I've been using the old SP/AF LED series for years, they will loose brightness if you lower the voltage, unless your want turbine noises all the time at full speed. ML RGB series can stop while maintaining the full illumination and they don't feature swastikas anymore.

But I still can't sync everything, so I keep RAM, GPU and mainboard in a slightly blue color. Not perfect.

iCue seems fantastic so far. I often had the problem of CUE not loading my game profiles, so I had to make a batch script assigned with a key combination. It tabbed me out but could retart CUE with one action. Now it just works as intended. Unfortunately it seems to have problems with ASUS Aura. Sometimes one of them doesn't load correctly. I don't use the Gskill software, only ASUS and EVGA precision for the GPU, though the GPU saves its RGB profile in its BIOS and doesn't require any program to run.

Also, is there a possibility to save and backup profiles? I bought a second K70 my HTPC and want to have the same lighting profiles there.

Also, is there a possibility to save and backup profiles? I bought a second K70 my HTPC and want to have the same lighting profiles there.

There should be an icon with two arrows on it. Next to the profile tab in the drop-down menu with 3 lines.

Archived