Corsair Community

Optimal cooling for Carbide 400C without AIO

retr0zombie

Hello guys!

This is my second post about cooling and fans... I've been shopping around, wanting to add some bling to my pc and decided to upgrade my stock case fans and add another one. After looking at different threads, I'm still unsure of what would be a good setup for my case fans. I watched this video [ame]

[/ame]

which said that they got the best results with 2x140mm on the front as intakes and 1x120mm in the back as an exhaust. The video didnt mention the use of SP or AF fans. I think AF fans are better as case fans if unobstructed but i'm unsure. Also, my CPU is cooled with the stock AMD cooler.

My question here is basically this: Does corsair make RGB fans that would be good in my situation (AF?) and if not AF fans, which ones should I be looking at? Sound doesnt really bother me, I just want something that'l cool down my PC, last for some time and shine :)

Thank you!!!

• Corsair Employee
Hello guys!

This is my second post about cooling and fans... I've been shopping around, wanting to add some bling to my pc and decided to upgrade my stock case fans and add another one. After looking at different threads, I'm still unsure of what would be a good setup for my case fans. I watched this video

which said that they got the best results with 2x140mm on the front as intakes and 1x120mm in the back as an exhaust. The video didnt mention the use of SP or AF fans. I think AF fans are better as case fans if unobstructed but i'm unsure. Also, my CPU is cooled with the stock AMD cooler.

My question here is basically this: Does corsair make RGB fans that would be good in my situation (AF?) and if not AF fans, which ones should I be looking at? Sound doesnt really bother me, I just want something that'l cool down my PC, last for some time and shine :)

Thank you!!!

In term of cooling, our ML- series fans are top-notch. :sunglasse

You might can do 3x140mm fans as they come as a pack of 3. Though in all honesty I wonder how the RGB fans would look with the solid front panel. Have you looked at the 460x? I think it is the same/similar chassis and it comes with 3x RGB SP-120 fans.

Edit: bah just realized you already have a case.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the reply! Would you recommend 2x 140mm for intakes and 1x120mm for an exhaust? Of the ML series ?

2x 140's could work but you are fine with just the 120mm. Makes it a little easier for yourself when purchasing.

I find the ML's pretty expensive...are they really worth it in my case? After some reading I noticed that some people were saying that static pressure fans would be better for the corsair carbide 400c (because of the front panel + dust filter) than AF fans, is that true? Or should I not bother about that stuff (AF vs SP) because in the end it doesnt really matter?

Also, would you guys recommend 3 x SP120 as intakes an one as an exhaust? I'm just wondering because I really like the look of them.

And finally, is an SP fan still effective as an exhaust?

Thanks again for the replies!

Archived