Corsair Community

Fan upgrade

PatchesRuS

The ML fans are good, drop-in replacements for max air flow. They are also available in RGB. While the RGB versions do have lower fan speeds, the performance difference is minimal. The ML fans are also extremely quiet.

While the MLs are probably the best, there are a number of folks that have also used HD and LL fans. (I, myself, have HD and LL fans on my radiator in push/pull.) While not quite as good as the ML fans, they will still do the job and also provide great color.

Any 4 pin PWM fan with medium rake blades will work. That group includes all of the RGB line from Corsair. I swap mine out monthly, from ML to ML RGB to Noctua Industrial to the HD fans that are in there now. Performance differences are elusive at best. You should choose the one that offers the visual appeal you are looking for. The one difference as mentioned above, the ML fans are clearly the quietest of the bunch at like speeds, especially when inverted on a radiator. They are not quite as flashy as the HD or LL, but to some people the more subtle coloring and sound is a double win. I like them as well.

Take a look at DevBiker's RGB FAQ in his signature before committing to one model or another. Double wiring is required for all models. LL fans need Link/iCUE active at all times. Other fans have hardware playback capability. The balancing of RGB control systems is becoming a very prevalent issue these days.

Archived