Corsair Community

MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R and CMX512-3200C2PRO Problem

dnathand

:(: I have 1 older stick of this ram and it works fine....on the top right corner of the sticker it indicates it is a version 1.1. Just bought a new stick from newegg so I could utilize both channels and is the same but says version 4.1 on the sticker. If I just put either of the single sticks on the board my computer boots fine (not both). However, if I put both in at the same time my computer wont even post (just a faint beeping sound). Doesn't seem either stick is bad...is there a compatibility problem because one stick is older? That is just bull. If so, how do I go about replacing one of them with the same version as the other? I definately don't want to have to buy another because the company released the same part with the same part number that isn't compatible with an older version. Corsair should of had a different part number altogether if they aren't compatible. I'd be willing to send either of them in or both for that matter if I can get some matched replacements.

Thx, Nathan

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but with this platform if you use 2 modules they would need to be a matched set. And this is one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets of modules. If you can find a use for the older module, I would just send the new module back and get a Twinx set instead.

I am sorry but with this platform if you use 2 modules they would need to be a matched set. And this is one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets of modules. If you can find a use for the older module, I would just send the new module back and get a Twinx set instead.

:mad: I hate to get rude or abrupt but you totally dodged my question...like so many of you forum moderators do when you don't have a good answer. You think that is what I as a customer wanted to here. I mean, come on, there has got to be a better option for me. I thought I was getting a matched set...corsairs website nor neweggs website says any thing about any incompatibility issues between matched part numbers....nor any info about a different version or revision of the same stick not working. That is like me buying two tires with the same part number and one not fitting on my car. I bought a stick of ram about 7 mon ago that said "CMX512-3200C2PRO" and bought another recently that said "CMX512-3200C2PRO"....exactly the same thing. Again...sending back the one and ordering two would not solve my dilema and would be a waste of money...I only need one. Are you gonna answer my original question or do I need to take another avenue...this isn't my fault and I'm not the only one.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33704&highlight=k8t+neo+3200C2PRO

I see no answer for this guy either...you simply told him "I am sorry but with this platform, you would need to use modules that are matched in both part# and revision." The funny thing is you tried to trouble shoot it first by asking discovery questions. Funny you didn't know then they weren't compatible

If you can't tell me how I can get one of them exchanged for a matched stick, please please direct me to someone who can. If not...say goodbye to a loyal customer. :confused:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33704&highlight=k8t+neo+3200C2PRO

I see no answer for this guy either...you simply told him "I am sorry but with this platform, you would need to use modules that are matched in both part# and revision." The funny thing is you tried to trouble shoot it first by asking discovery questions. Funny you didn't know then they weren't compatible

Re-read the thread in context. When Ram Guy asked T/S questions, he also asked what the part # and other info was. Somehow he missed the first post and therefore didn't know the situation, which is why he asked those questions. As for the question, I think he did answer it, but I can't speak for him of course.

Did you try my suggestion in that thread that you linked to?

• Corsair Employee

dnathand,

The only way to get a matched set of modules would be to pruchase a Twinx set. I am sorry but there is just no way to match modules after the fact. The best I can offer you would be to RMA both or all of your modules, but you will need to make that request to customer service in the form of an email. If you use the online RMA request the RMA is automated and we will try and replace the modules with whats recieved. In other words you might get back the same revisions you send in or you might not.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived