Corsair Community

Asus A8V-Deluxe with 2X1024MB Modules?

endorkan

I'm planning to upgrade my current System (Asus A8V-Deluxe, Athlon64 3200+ Winchester) and double the amount of RAM.

So now i'm looking for a suitable Pair of 1GB Memory Modules, working in Dual Channel Mode, i've to decide between the following both:

1.Corsair DIMM XMS Kit 2048MB PC3200 DDR CL3-4-4-8-1T (PC400) (TWINX2048-3200)

2.Corsair DIMM XMS Kit Pro Series 2048MB PC3200 DDR CL3-3-3-8 (PC400) (TWINX2048-3200PRO)

Dual Channel Compatiblity is guaranteed by Corsair, but not explicit tested with that Motherboard or Chipset.

The A8V(or the VIA KT800) is very sensitive to the use of more than 1 Module and now i'm searching for experiences with that configuration.

Is there anyone who has 2 1GB-Modules running stable on that Motherboard?

And what about that Pair:

Corsair TWINX2048RE-3200

I heard that registered RAM would be helpful to make the System more stable, especially when using a large amount of Memory.

Are these Modules unbufferd and are they compatible to the A8V-Deluxe?

• 1 month later...

I just put a new system together. Im using the A8V-deluxe 2.0 MB and TWINX2048-3200C2PT modules. The CPU is a winchester 3500 and the MB had been flashed to 1009. I have tried various combinations in the bios but I always seem to have the same problem. I can run one stick of 1024 in the B1 slot but running both sticks in the blue slots results in no video output. My new system is dead in the water. I bought the C2 modules because everything I read says the ATHLON 64 loves low latency memory and because it was recommended to myself through E-mail buy the Ram Guy. Both modules work in single channel but dual channel just will not work. I would like to know what settings I should be using and if there is anything you can tell me to help me get this system working I would be most greatful. Its most fustrating to see my new box sitting here with no OS loaded and no games running.

PLEASE HELP,,,,

BTandKM

A8V Deluxe 2.0 Bios 1009

TwinX2048-3200C2PT

EVGA 6800GT

PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe

Audigy 2 ZS

Maxtor 300 DiaMax 10 Sata

Plextor 716 Sata

hi, i've looked all over and can't seem to find any information about my problem.

i have the same mobo and have 1 pair of twinx 4400's in A1 & B1 slots, and it runs great. i bought a second pair of the same, and after installation i get the looping memory post beeping. :[pouts:

is there some glaring problem that i missed, or is maybe one of my slots bad?

both sets work by themselves, but as soon as i get 2Gb in, i get the beeps.

this is driving me crazy, especially because the ram slots are so close to the pci-e slot, i have to take out my video card every time i try a new configuration. ARG.

help!

800 with ddr, so it's 400 now, yes. you said it underclocks automatically with 4?

looking at the QVL from asus, it has the 2x1Gb twinx not being able to run ddr with all 4 slots filled, somewhere else it said something about the board having problems with 4Gb of ram. so i assumed that was the issue with running 4 sticks.

would it be worth a try to underclock the fsb before installing the ram?

thanks

Archived