Corsair Community

Corsair Link on Asus Maximus X Code

Shinchan

Hi THere, I have a question. On my Link software, the Temp #5 is reporting 127C.

This is very strange for Temp #5 on motherboard. When i use bios UEFI to check temp. Nothing is reading that high. Although Temp 5 is reading C... Maybe its a bug.. its reading as F? and rest of temp is correctly reading?

Capture.thumb.JPG.d4b7929cd85ef85737028b011480be96.JPG

Thanks for the information. Wish they correct it. The closest temp i can see is the PCH Temp was 52C / 125F.

Well, unfortunately, there's little that Corsair can do except to wait for the vendor of the component to get it fixed. Keep in mind that last year was pretty crazy when it came to new platforms ... Kaby Lake, Skylake-X, Coffee Lake, Ryzen, ThreadRipper, Vega ... all new last year.

This also appears to be more problematic on the Link 4.9.xx releases. You have extra bogus temp/fan readings I do not on 4.8. When I have tried to run 4.9, I have similar issues and a few more. The 4.9 versions of Link seem to conflict with everything under the sun. We are waiting for some comparability issues to be addressed.

*On a side note, your Vcore is reading 1.41v. If you are running auto voltage and Multi-core enhancement, you need to make a few tweaks to keep that in check. You don't need 1.41v.

This also appears to be more problematic on the Link 4.9.xx releases. You have extra bogus temp/fan readings I do not on 4.8. When I have tried to run 4.9, I have similar issues and a few more. The 4.9 versions of Link seem to conflict with everything under the sun. We are waiting for some comparability issues to be addressed.

*On a side note, your Vcore is reading 1.41v. If you are running auto voltage and Multi-core enhancement, you need to make a few tweaks to keep that in check. You don't need 1.41v.

Any suggestion what my 8700K VCore should be? I run auto Overclock. 5.0Ghz...

There is no single answer for this; it completely depends on your processor (the "Silicon Lottery"). It's something that you need to tweak and tune to find the lowest voltage that your system is stable at for a given overclock. Most of the overclock stats that I've seen for Coffee Lake have it around 1.3'ish for a 5 Ghz O/C.

I would strongly suggest doing a bit of research to begin to understand all of the in's and out's. Asus has a pretty good guide to overclocking Kaby Lake; the process for Coffee Lake will be very similar. There are also forums dedicated to overclocking.

It's not going to be set setting x to value y and you're done. It will take time, patience and testing. Personally, I enjoy doing this kind of stuff on my system but I'm a nerd.

The other option ... when you just set it in the BIOS to a default overclock ... is certainly there. But it also guarantees that you'll have too much voltage and heat issues.

I'm sorry if that's not the answer that you wanted.

I am at 5.0/1.30v, but dellided. 1.35v is a better place to start, but I was more concerned you were using the Auto voltage with or without an overclock. It is too generous in its voltage application.

Archived