Corsair Community

LGA 2066 Cooling.

Nekrage

Any chance that any of the Hxxx series coolers would work on the 2066 socket type?

I know a CoolIT based Corsair H60 fitted a LGA2066 Intel Core i7 7740K (Kaby Lake-X) so I expect the CoolIT based H110i + H110iGT will fit, but don't have any information on Asetek based coolers such as the H115i + H100iV2.

I would like to know if any Corsair AIOs will fit Xeon LGA3647 CPUs.

Any chance that any of the Hxxx series coolers would work on the 2066 socket type?

I read a review here on the i9-7900X

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-7900x-skylake-x,5092-4.html

that says

"Although LGA 2066 incorporates more pins than LGA 2011v3, it shares many of the same dimensions. As a result, it's physically compatible with existing LGA 2011v3 coolers. However, Intel recommends water cooling as a minimum requirement due to Skylake-X's TDP rating."

but an off the shelf AIO Cooler like Corsair offers or even a custom loop may not be sufficient if you plan to overclock the CPU at all.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-7900x-skylake-x,5092-11.html

"As mentioned, we had to use Alphacool's Eiszeit Chiller 2000 to achieve usable overclocking results. More conventional thermal solutions just wouldn't cut it. All-in-ones like Corsair's H100i and Enermax's LiqTech 240 hit their limits at stock frequencies under Prime95. The custom loop threw in the towel at 4.6 GHz."

"The reason that Skylake-X is so much harder to cool traces back to the thermal paste Intel chose to use instead of solder between the processor die and heat spreader. Although paste is cheaper, it's also less than ideal for cooling performance."

"Even the motherboard manufacturers we spoke to agree, telling us about their all-in-one liquid coolers running out of headroom as soon as they ran Prime95 without limiting AVX."

• 2 weeks later...
Will all Corsair H-coolers with socket-2011 mounting hardware also work on socket 2066? Specifically, the H105?

Yep I am using the 2011 standoffs with a Kaby Lake X 2066 and H105 and it works!

I do not have a 2011 to look at but it seems like they are exactly the same.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for bumping an old post, I didn't get any other hits searching for h110i and 2066 in the same post.

Just to confirm: The H110i will work with LGA 2066 exactly how it works with 2011? Same standoffs, same lack of the backplate, etc?

I have the Corsair H80 (CWCH80), ordered it in 2012, and it's mounted on my LGA 2011 board. I want to upgrade to LGA 2066, but I want to make sure I can transfer this cooler.

I've since lost the box and all items it came with (additional mounting brackets). Will the H80 I have fit LGA 2066 without needing anything other than what it's currently got on my LGA 2011 board? If it needs a different bracket, then I'd like to know before I order any parts.

Archived