Corsair Community

New Case Needed, Recommendations requested...

narosis

I recently purchased a Intel Core i7 3770 [to replace my current cpu] as well as a Corsair H100i v2 Hydro Series cpu cooler. The Cooler won't fit due to the memory slots obstructing H100i placement. So, I am in the market for a new case which would house both cooler & motherboard without incident.

• Corsair Employee

If you're looking for flashy and eye catching, 460x or 570x are both the go to choices right now. Either case will work with pretty much any of the components we offer currently.

If you're looking for something a bit more modest, the 400C and 400Q are both great. They are the same size factor as the 460x, just without the tempered glass.

I am after a new case too but you guys do not seem to have what I am after can I offer some suggestions. Full tower with top Radiator support and tempered glass with top and bottom fan mounts I would be more than happy to have the non inverse version of the 600C with front, top, bottom and rear fan mounts as well as side and front tempered glass updated I/O to include USB 3.1/Type C and at least 4 USB 3.0 SS ports also the cable management area needs to be big not like the 400C/Q/460X where the space is really small as that was the only major complaint people had with those cases

• Corsair Employee
I am after a new case too but you guys do not seem to have what I am after can I offer some suggestions. Full tower with top Radiator support and tempered glass with top and bottom fan mounts I would be more than happy to have the non inverse version of the 600C with front, top, bottom and rear fan mounts as well as side and front tempered glass updated I/O to include USB 3.1/Type C and at least 4 USB 3.0 SS ports also the cable management area needs to be big not like the 400C/Q/460X where the space is really small as that was the only major complaint people had with those cases

I see where you're going with this, and will definitely pass the suggestions along. The 570x would be the closest we offer to fitting all the requirements you are asking for.

Am wait for corsair itx case new design :( its too long after 380T has been released. Maybe tower layout like 460x with compact design like ncase or double side like A4SFX.

380T was a solid case, especially for when I lugged it to a LAN party. We still offer the 250D which is very similar in capabilities minus the handle.

I am after a new case too but you guys do not seem to have what I am after can I offer some suggestions.

A cube case where the bottom fan mounts for the main chamber are not blocked and a removable dust filter is provided (without having to tip the case over to remove the base and clean an after market filter) and also a top dust filter is included.

Also a proper side dust filter for the PSU or even better just don't put in side vents and make a cutout below the motherboard for air to go to the PSU mounted on it's side facing inwards.

An mATX cube case with bootm fan spots and filters would be great.

The 400C if you want sedate and practical with good ventilation, the 460X if you want a drop dead gorgeous version of the same case, and the 570x if you need a little more room. Also if you really want performance and to stand out from the crowd then the 740. which has the advantage that its easy to wire because all the wires are hidden and it's amazingly well ventilated, and will accommodate any cooling scenario you can imagine, easily fitting the 100i in top, front or bottom.

I have to say I am not a fan of the upside down case, although it really is an excellent case. Honestly, though, why put a window in a case where you can see all the writing is upside down?

• Corsair Employee
I am after a new case too but you guys do not seem to have what I am after can I offer some suggestions.

A cube case where the bottom fan mounts for the main chamber are not blocked and a removable dust filter is provided (without having to tip the case over to remove the base and clean an after market filter) and also a top dust filter is included.

Also a proper side dust filter for the PSU or even better just don't put in side vents and make a cutout below the motherboard for air to go to the PSU mounted on it's side facing inwards.

An mATX cube case with bootm fan spots and filters would be great.

Sounds like an Air 240 with modular filters and swap the position of the PSU and HDD cages.

Archived