Corsair Community

Write protection

mralexander

I just bought the Corsair 1GB 40x SD Card.

My PalmOne Treo 650, TDK Mojo Mp3 player program (To copy the mp3's on too the SD Card), windows 2000, windows xp see the card. My Treo, and my TDK can write on the card but my windows xp and 2000 cannot write on the card. I plugged the SD card into my Sandisk Card reader and plugged it into my computer. It reads the card fine, I can copy off the card but cannot paste anything onto the card. It gives me a write protection error. So I go into windows explorer and try to format the card. It gives me a write protection error. The slider on the card is unlocked on the card. Is there anyway of disabling this write protection, or a program where i can copy and paste onto my card. I thought you could just copy and paste with windows explorer onto the card. I have gone as far as formating the card on the treo and the tdk program, both programs will allow me to format the card. And it will be the same result. Able to read on all products, but cannot write with windows 2000 and xp. Please help.

• Corsair Employee
I would agree with Wired, it sounds like there is some issue with the Sandisk Card reader. But I will ask Jack Flash to check into this and see if he has any input. You might check with Sandisk to see if there are any updates for the card reader.

• Corsair Employee

More Info:

Can you test other media in your card reader, and please tell me the exact model of card reader as well. I just spoke to Jack Flash and he said that we would look into the Snadisk product, but he asked for the model #!

Archived