Corsair Community

M65 RGB Pro Scroll Wheel Lights

chongmagic

• 2 months later...

Just bought a M65 PRO RGB and noticed that the scroll wheel lights can hardly be seen. I look at all the advertising and the wheel looks brightly lit up. My mouse seems to hardly have s light in that section. The other two zones are well lit and look good. Just need to know if this mouse is defective.

We can't see your picture, but regardless the normal lighting is somewhat faint. It should be a small rectangle of color on the mouse mat in front of you. You won't be lighting up the wall with it. I never even notice mine. I have to lean over the top of the see if it's on or off.

Let me ask the question a different way. Is the scroll wheel supposed to light up like in the advertising or are those just enhanced photos. If I look in the front I can see a dim light coming out the front towards the USB cable. However, the wheel does not look lit up at all unless you are looking directly from above the mouse.

Is the sniper button supposed to light up at all?

How do you upload pictures on to this forum?

Thank you for your quick response.

• Corsair Employee

It's not the actual scroll wheel itself that's lit but rather the base of the wheel. What you're seeing is correct, a dim light towards the USB cable.

http://i.imgur.com/RiWMk2R.jpg?1

The sniper button is not lit.

Yours looks just like both of mine. The process of accurately capturing light in a photograph is fairly complex and perception may also depend on hue. That makes comparing user photos a little difficult. Nevertheless, your mouse looks normal to me and if you are looking for a flashlight/mouse combination, this isn't it. The stock photo was most likely intended to demonstrate there is a lighting section in that area that would not be visible at that angle.

• 4 weeks later...
As I look at the photograph by Graybeard, my mouse is definitely less lit around the wheel. I am not seeking a flashlight/mouse combination (silly c-attack) and for that reason can also understand that for marketing purposes colors and light can be enhanced to produced better eye perception. Because I mainly use my computer at night, the wheel is noticeably producing less light that other parts of the mouse. For the sake of ROI and cost effectiveness with use of time, I will no longer pursue this issue. Thank you all for your help.

Archived