(2) H100i v2 (with AM4 bracket)

(3) Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB for case

Now, the motherboard has following fan connection:

1 x CPU fan

1 x Optional CPU fan

2 x Chassis fan

1 x AIO fan

1 x W Pump fan

After reading both the motherboard manual and the cooling system manual, the instruction was not clear to me (or just me confused?).

I see there are three fan connectors from the cooling mount. Here are my questions:

(1) The cooling system manual tells me to connect the 3-pin female connector to the CPU_FAN, but the motherboard has AIO (All-in-One?) and W Pump FAN. Should I connect the pump power cable to CPU_FAN or to other fans, such as AIO FAN or W pump FAN on the motherboard?

(2) The two 4-pin male connectors coming off from the cooling mount, the instruction says to "connect to the fans to the two connectors coming off the pump". Initially, I thought they are just for additional power cable connector for H100i v2, but now it seems that they are for the fans attached to the radiator. Are they for the radiator fans? After I connected to these two, the fan speed dramatically went down, and became so much quiet, but I am worried if this is wrong connection or not.

(3) Since I have three front chassis fans, but has only two chassis fan connector on the motherboard, I assume I can use one of other connectors for the one remaining chassis fan. Which one do you recommend? Optional CPU_FAN, AIO FAN, W pump FAN?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same motherboard and I connected the AIO cable to the CPU_FAN header. I have seen in a few threads here that since the H100iV2 AIO is really a controller with a pump built into it, and also to turn off the fan control in the BIOS so it's always getting the needed voltage constantly. So I did that too and I noticed the pump pick up noticeably in a quiet room. Currently I have Link set to Balanced and a coolant temperature of 26.6°C. So far I'm pretty happy.

As to the extra fan... plug it in somewhere it routes the best I say, either to CPU_OPT or W_PUMP+ as before my adapter showed up I had fans plugged into both of those with no issues (four case fans and an old 8350 BE stock cooler fan).

I sure wish Corsair would print better instructions and guides! I just bought a Corsair 460x case, H100i v2 and RM 750i power supply (plus corsair memory). My m/b only has 1 USB 2 header. There are instructions on the web to connect the link devices but I cannot figure out that they are saying.

Regarding where to connect the fans, I connected the cooling block to the AIO pump header, and then the 2 fans on the radiator to the cpu fan and alternate. The problem with this solution is that Link s/w cannot read the fans. If you want Link to read the fans, you have to connect the 2 radiator fans to the 2 cable connectors coming out of the cooling block. But then you have to disable the fan alert on the Asus Bios.

My m/b only has 1 USB 2 connector. I have no idea how to connect the PS with the link extension cable that came with it. There are instructions on the Corsair site, but sure are not clear to me.

"Now that the unit is installed, there are two more things to take note of. On the side of the cooling unit you will find two different sockets, one is for the included USB cable and it connects the H100i to a spare internal USB 2.0 header on your motherboard and allows the cooler to communicate with the Corsair Link software. The other connector is a Corsair Link expansion port. The expansion port can be used if you have multiple*Corsair Link devices*in your system. This is useful if you do not want to use up all of your internal USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard. For example, if you have an AXi PSU, then instead of connecting it directly to the motherboards USB header, you can simply plug it into the cooling block on the H100i, where it will interface with Corsair Link through the H100i. The expansion port can also be connected directly to the stand alone Corsair Link kit which comes with the Corsair Link Commander unit. This is to minimize the amount of cables that need to be connected directly to the motherboard."

BTW, the third fan in the front, and any of the other fans, you can connect to any of the other fan headers on the board.

"Now that the unit is installed, there are two more things to take note of. On the side of the cooling unit you will find two different sockets, one is for the included USB cable and it connects the H100i to a spare internal USB 2.0 header on your motherboard and allows the cooler to communicate with the Corsair Link software. The other connector is a Corsair Link expansion port. The expansion port can be used if you have multiple*Corsair Link devices*in your system. This is useful if you do not want to use up all of your internal USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard. For example, if you have an AXi PSU, then instead of connecting it directly to the motherboards USB header, you can simply plug it into the cooling block on the H100i, where it will interface with Corsair Link through the H100i. The expansion port can also be connected directly to the stand alone Corsair Link kit which comes with the Corsair Link Commander unit. This is to minimize the amount of cables that need to be connected directly to the motherboard."

That looks and sounds like the instructions for the original H100i rather than the H100i V2, which (as far as I know) doesn't have that second port.

If you don't have enough usb headers, you can remove the unused pins from the usb plug and replace them with the pins from the second device. This has been covered in a few threads on here. You can also buy an NZXT 1U01 usb expander which gives you 3 internal type headers and 2 external type headers.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man, that sucks. I am installing the h100i v2 with a 750i and was under the impression it still had the expansion port. Very hard to find clear and update information about a lot of these products.

"

That looks and sounds like the instructions for the original H100i rather than the H100i V2, which (as far as I know) doesn't have that second port.

If you don't have enough usb headers, you can remove the unused pins from the usb plug and replace them with the pins from the second device. This has been covered in a few threads on here. You can also buy an NZXT 1U01 usb expander which gives you 3 internal type headers and 2 external type headers.

Thanks for the tip. I did move the pins and both work just fine out of the one header!:sunglasse

Archived