Corsair Community

CUE is Utter Trash

Exare

I need to uninstall and reinstall this software on a WEEKLY BASIS. This is not a joke or an exaggeration of any kind. It will consistently fail and report a notification claiming, "macros are not working properly, please repair your installation of the CUE". It happens so often, I keep the installer on my desktop.

Not only this, the way your software handles key remapping is so un-intuitive that even after doing it once a week I still have to look up YouTube videos on how to do it. So not only is your software incredibly unstable it's impossible to use. I would highly suggest you revisit your software team and fix it ASAP. And yes, by "it" I mean the team responsible for coding and implementing this software.

I don't care if this thread gets deleted. I really don't. Delete it. Go ahead, see if I care. I have been in touch with your support team twice and both times they've offered no solution other than to uninstall the Razer software I have running parallel to control my Tartarus. I cannot uninstall this software as I have a handicap in my left hand that prevents me from using a normal keyboard for more than 15 minutes without my fingers locking up. The Tartarus/Nostromo's help and they are the only thing that allow me to game on PC.

So yeah, your software is trash and I won't recommend your accessories to anybody ever in the future.

Oh, and every time I restart my computer I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in for my computer to recognize it. Isn't that fun?

Why did I post here? Because you have no other way of providing feedback other than opening a support ticket. Maybe you people should get on that too, then maybe you'd be able to make better products.

I understand where your coming from.

I've recently gifted my Strafe rgb silent and scimitar (2nd one I've owned that's never worked properly due to CUE bugs) to a friend. Not sure whether that's a kindness or not tbh lol.

Sad thing is I really fancied the K95 platinum but CUE really put me off because its so buggy and awful to use. A real shame as Corsairs lighting effects are amazing but CUE remains the elephant in the room.

At least I can console myself with my Ducky YOTM, lighting may not be as good but at least it works properly.

Best

Wulf

Why did I post here? Because you have no other way of providing feedback other than opening a support ticket. Maybe you people should get on that too, then maybe you'd be able to make better products.

Welcome to the CORSAIR Customer Service and Technical Support Center!

Live Chat is configured for Customer Service general questions only.

Chat support is available: Monday to Thursday 9AM-5PM PT (UTC - 8) Friday 9AM-3:30PM PT (UTC - 8).

Customer Service and Technical Phone Support is available: Monday to Thursday 7AM-5PM PT (UTC - 8) Friday 7AM-3:30PM PT (UTC - 8)

I need to uninstall and reinstall this software on a WEEKLY BASIS. This is not a joke or an exaggeration of any kind. It will consistently fail and report a notification claiming, "macros are not working properly, please repair your installation of the CUE". It happens so often, I keep the installer on my desktop.

I have been in touch with your support team twice and both times they've offered no solution other than to uninstall the Razer software I have running parallel to control my Tartarus. I cannot uninstall this software as I have a handicap in my left hand that prevents me from using a normal keyboard for more than 15 minutes without my fingers locking up. The Tartarus/Nostromo's help and they are the only thing that allow me to game on PC.

Have you contacted Tartarus/Nostromo, to find out why their software is incompatible with CUE?

Not only this, the way your software handles key remapping is so un-intuitive that even after doing it once a week I still have to look up YouTube videos on how to do it. So not only is your software incredibly unstable it's impossible to use.

If you can't remember how to do key remapping, and need to keep reviewing YouTube videos every single week, then you may well have a concrete suggestion on how to better implement the feature. Many people do not have such issues as you are experiencing, so the developers would greatly benefit from having specific suggestions on how to do things better--obviously the list of helpful users giving them feedback did not include you!

I look forward to learning better ways of doing key remapping for something as full-featured as CUE.

P.S. I am not a CUE employee--you are posting on a user forum, rather than contacting Corsair; I posted separately since Corsair has more than one way to give feedback.

I agree with you, it's garbage. I have my own list of reasons, though.

• Freezes at least twice a week, requiring the software to be killed in task manager and restarted.
  • Sometimes, randomly, it forgets all my profiles. Other times it forgets profiles AND my settings. Sometimes happens after a BSOD, but not always.
  • Every new section of the software takes at least 3 seconds to load because of the diabolical design.
  • I have a keypress event set up to simulate pressing Alt-Tab (to switch windows). Sometimes it locks on and acts like you're holding Alt-Tab for at least 10 seconds.

All of my posts on this forum are gonna end up being rants about this software, but it's just that bad.

• Corsair Employee

• Freezes at least twice a week, requiring the software to be killed in task manager and restarted.
  • Sometimes, randomly, it forgets all my profiles. Other times it forgets profiles AND my settings. Sometimes happens after a BSOD, but not always.
  • Every new section of the software takes at least 3 seconds to load because of the diabolical design.
  • I have a keypress event set up to simulate pressing Alt-Tab (to switch windows). Sometimes it locks on and acts like you're holding Alt-Tab for at least 10 seconds.

All of my posts on this forum are gonna end up being rants about this software, but it's just that bad.

CUE doesn't and shouldn't cause a BSOD. Check the error log and send it to me. Are you also really using an Athlon 64?

• 2 months later...

Not only this, the way your software handles key remapping is so un-intuitive that even after doing it once a week I still have to look up YouTube videos on how to do it. So not only is your software incredibly unstable it's impossible to use. I would highly suggest you revisit your software team and fix it ASAP. And yes, by "it" I mean the team responsible for coding and implementing this software.

I don't care if this thread gets deleted. I really don't. Delete it. Go ahead, see if I care. I have been in touch with your support team twice and both times they've offered no solution other than to uninstall the Razer software I have running parallel to control my Tartarus. I cannot uninstall this software as I have a handicap in my left hand that prevents me from using a normal keyboard for more than 15 minutes without my fingers locking up. The Tartarus/Nostromo's help and they are the only thing that allow me to game on PC.

So yeah, your software is trash and I won't recommend your accessories to anybody ever in the future.

Oh, and every time I restart my computer I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in for my computer to recognize it. Isn't that fun?

I agree with both of you about the CUE 2 issues that you are listing in this topic, but will never blame the work of developers while I can help them to improve the current software by giving constructive feedback. Just let's hope this message will arrive them or the person in charge of this kind of tasks.

Will list all the issues I have experienced during the last 4 months:

System Details

• SO: Windows 10
  • Processor: AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 960

Issues experienced with CUE 2

Before listing the issues, I have updated the CUE 2 software version 2 times if I remember well, currently I'm running version 2.10.71. In all of them, I'm having the following issues:

• Warning message at CUE telling me that macro is not working, I need to repair the software in order to fix it. (Until it fails again after some time) Also this is really weird as Im not using macros at all, just key remapings.
  • If I put gradient lighting effects on the scimitar mouse, the movement of the cursor freeze at intervals of 2 or 3 seconds. (If I move slowly the cursor it does not freeze)[With the old version of CUE 2 before the UI remake of the lighting effects, this issue was not happening].
  • If I update the driver of the graphic card or the graphic card crash. The CUE software crash too.
  • Sometimes when I start my computer, the power through usb does not reach the Scimitar mouse and I have to unplug and plug in again the usb cable of the scimitar mouse to the computer in order to fix it (I also have the K70 RGB Rapidfire and this issue is not happening to the keyboard even using the same usb ports).
  • Switching between profiles lags the mouse cursor a lot for some seconds.

The rest for me is working fine.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
I agree with both of you about the CUE 2 issues that you are listing in this topic, but will never blame the work of developers while I can help them to improve the current software by giving constructive feedback. Just let's hope this message will arrive them or the person in charge of this kind of tasks.

Will list all the issues I have experienced during the last 4 months:

System Details

• SO: Windows 10
  • Processor: AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 960

Issues experienced with CUE 2

Before listing the issues, I have updated the CUE 2 software version 2 times if I remember well, currently I'm running version 2.10.71. In all of them, I'm having the following issues:

• Warning message at CUE telling me that macro is not working, I need to repair the software in order to fix it. (Until it fails again after some time) Also this is really weird as Im not using macros at all, just key remapings.
  • If I put gradient lighting effects on the scimitar mouse, the movement of the cursor freeze at intervals of 2 or 3 seconds. (If I move slowly the cursor it does not freeze)[With the old version of CUE 2 before the UI remake of the lighting effects, this issue was not happening].
  • If I update the driver of the graphic card or the graphic card crash. The CUE software crash too.
  • Sometimes when I start my computer, the power through usb does not reach the Scimitar mouse and I have to unplug and plug in again the usb cable of the scimitar mouse to the computer in order to fix it (I also have the K70 RGB Rapidfire and this issue is not happening to the keyboard even using the same usb ports).
  • Switching between profiles lags the mouse cursor a lot for some seconds.

The rest for me is working fine.

Thanks in advance.

1.) We have updated the CUE drivers since 2.13 to avoid the Macro Execution Error. Usually when this happens, we noticed the driver was flagged by Windows Error 52 as being unsigned but this was a result of a Windows update issue. It should be fixed now.

2.) Updating graphics drivers does cause CUE to crash. This isn't a CUE issue but a Qt issue (the back end framework we use). Any program that uses Qt will exhibit this crash as well. Qt as of this time has not updated this fix yet. We typically don't update every Qt revision as well unless its major but we have already done so twice for CUE 2, for example.

3.) This isn't related to CUE but there could be some tweaks in your BIOS and OS you can set. Try to disable USB suspend for example, and see if there is an option for your board to keep USB power on.

4.) This can happen only if the profile youre switching to is massive and takes CUE a while to load all the lightings and actions.

CUE doesn't and shouldn't cause a BSOD. Check the error log and send it to me. Are you also really using an Athlon 64?

Never saw this, sorry. It hasn't caused a BSOD in a while, but hell yeah I'm using an Athlon 64! :laughing:

Archived