Corsair Community

570x + ML120 fans

keerf

Hey All,

Just got a new 570x case last night, and honestly it is wonderful.

I tried it with the included SP120 fans + a few more SP fans, and I have to say, the noise was a little overwhelming. Now maybe I am just more sensitive to the noise, or the fact the computer sits right next to me on the desk.

I'm curious, is everyone running the stock SP120 rgb fans? Would something like the ML120 fans be better in that case? Granted you miss out on some of the controlling functions, but just wondering if it is worth it to control the sound a little.

I have not fully tested in that case and the specific structure does play a part. However, I would be very surprised if an all ML120 set-up was quieter. At like RPMs under 1200 or so, they should be similar. In addition to that, the ML's have a 2400 rpm max. You will cover most of that on start-up/wake as the fans power on. Some people don't care about this, but it drives others insane. Just be aware.

I think you should probably take a look at your exact fans speeds before making wholesale changes. Their certainly are really quiet fans out there, but they probably will not be LED. I would give it some time and try to fine tune what you have before splurging on a bunch of ML's.

Strangely, I rebooted my PC this morning and didn't notice the fans thrashing away at top speed, I'm sure that they did, but I didn't notice. I've got 3 x Noctua 12omm on the front, 2 x ML140 on the rad and a Noctua 140 Redux on the back. I've finally put the side covers on so that may have made a difference, but it normally drives me nuts for the couple of seconds when it does it.

Archived